Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 26-09-22, 20:11   #1501
kelvinsecolo
Inactive

OMGGGGG

@reborninshadow can’t wait!!!

Are there too many differences between the 2003 maps and the ones we know? Besides Parisian backstreets of course
kelvinsecolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-22, 22:13   #1502
OrangeJuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by reborninshadow View Post
4- Play the mod further and you'll find out

5- Technically yes, I actually can compile custom levels (to some extent, there are some limitations). However, stuff like that is probably beyond the scope of this project. If I ever do something like that then it would probably be a seperate project.
thank you for your answers
4 got me hyped especially lol
and as for 5, yeah i undesrtand it might not be something planned for this project but still that would be insane. i would love to help out if the occasion arises

Quote:
Also this is completely unrelated but I may as well share the news. E3 2003 (not 2002, so keep your expectations in check ) AOD maps will be released soon, running on retail PS2 AOD.
lessssss gooooooooooooooooooooo
OrangeJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-22, 13:34   #1503
reborninshadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvinsecolo View Post
OMGGGGG

@reborninshadow can’t wait!!!

Are there too many differences between the 2003 maps and the ones we know? Besides Parisian backstreets of course
Yeah there are some differences of course, otherwise I wouldn't really bother with these E3 Maps. However, these levels are basically like a month earlier than retail so don't expect major changes (and there are only 3 E3 levels).
reborninshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-22, 09:37   #1504
JoelCaesar

Quote:
Yeah there are some differences of course, otherwise I wouldn't really bother with these E3 Maps. However, these levels are basically like a month earlier than retail so don't expect major changes (and there are only 3 E3 levels).
Oooo does it include the area in the Tomb of Ancients where Lara performs the funky move with the banner to knock down a statue?
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-22, 21:35   #1505
Heartache

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelCaesar View Post
Oooo does it include the area in the Tomb of Ancients where Lara performs the funky move with the banner to knock down a statue?
that was E3 2002, we got the 2003 demo
Heartache is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-22, 09:27   #1506
Zsott

nvm, wrong thread

Last edited by Zsott; 02-10-22 at 09:30.
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-22, 19:14   #1507
laracroftswest

Just got done playing this in its entirety. By playing this with a controller on my TV in 4K and utilizing the PS2 camera scheme, this was the most engaging playthrough I've done of this game since its release almost 20 years ago. The added lore was a really nice surprise and the adjustments made to the combat made it significantly less frustrating.

Mission accomplished, as far as I'm concerned. The game felt far more complete and more like a Classic TR title than the game did when it was released. The gripes I had during the playhrough were merely symptoms and limitations of the game itself (namely the individual rooms in the Hall of Seasons) but all the changes and restorations from the work done here outweighed that by a ton.

Thanks to all of you for making this project a reality and I can't wait to see what you do next, should you decide to keep making projects
laracroftswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-22, 20:34   #1508
reborninshadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by laracroftswest View Post
Just got done playing this in its entirety. By playing this with a controller on my TV in 4K and utilizing the PS2 camera scheme, this was the most engaging playthrough I've done of this game since its release almost 20 years ago. The added lore was a really nice surprise and the adjustments made to the combat made it significantly less frustrating.

Mission accomplished, as far as I'm concerned. The game felt far more complete and more like a Classic TR title than the game did when it was released. The gripes I had during the playhrough were merely symptoms and limitations of the game itself (namely the individual rooms in the Hall of Seasons) but all the changes and restorations from the work done here outweighed that by a ton.

Thanks to all of you for making this project a reality and I can't wait to see what you do next, should you decide to keep making projects
Thanks for the really kind words, I'm glad you enjoyed it!
reborninshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-22, 03:54   #1509
LateRaider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by laracroftswest View Post

That's the sweetest thing anyone has ever said about this project! Thank you so much!

We still have lots of exciting stuff in store for this project in particular, so be on the lookout for it! I know Reborn is eagerly awaiting for when it's ready to be shown off properly.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-22, 08:00   #1510
Kurtis6

I'm replaying AOD with this Patch again!

Quick Questions:
Is there a way to remove the blocking movement in the tutorials?
How can I add the 180 turn? That to me is a lifesaver of the controls

Last edited by Kurtis6; 08-10-22 at 08:13.
Kurtis6 is offline   Reply With Quote