Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 28-03-19, 12:21   #3011
Yuna´s Wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarekhanzelka View Post
I'll assume I know what bosses you're talking about.

I quit my NG+ playthrough because, as it turns out, there are no new prayer beads, but to balance that you're expected to have the mask completed by the end of your basic run, as that mask allows you to convert unspent skill points into attack power. I missed one fragment on my basic run, which very much meant I'd have no way to increase either attribute until the very last location (unless I'd opt to go for the Shura ending and thus get to the alternative bosses, I guess).

So instead I started a normal playthrough anew, challenging myself to see how long I can go without dying. Just made it to Sunken Valley and I still don't have a single ressurection node. I fully anticipate to finally die right here, though.

Also, what did you think od the final boss fight? Can we agree it's the toughest, most unforgiving thing FromSoft have ever come up with?
Whoa! Up to the Sunken Valley without resurrecting!? I hope you make it even further!

About the final boss fight, well, I kind of cheated my way with Isshin. Not with Genichiro, though, with whom I had proper short fights filling his posture bar as quickly as possible to get him out of the way. With Isshin I just ran around until a window of opportunity showed up and landed a hit or two. I really played it safe, I fought him the same way I fought the Guardian Ape and some minibosses...and I'm sure it's not how we are supposed to do it.

My favourite fight is the Demon of Hatred. I wish we couldn't fall off the arena, though

Last edited by Yuna´s Wish; 28-03-19 at 12:42.
Yuna´s Wish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-19, 23:02   #3012
jarekhanzelka

^
Thanks for the faith, but as suspected I finally did die in Sunken Valley. Not to the boss mind, but the white, dual wielding monkeys are arguably the biggest struggle among regular enemies for me >_>.

Anyways, got the Mortal Blade, so it's off the Ashina Depths next. I am not looking forward to the village.
jarekhanzelka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-19, 00:26   #3013
Yuna´s Wish

^ The Mibu Village? I wish it was bigger, like Fountainhead Palace. O'rin of the Water and the Boss are good challenges there, but otherwise I didn't feel much danger. I JUST (literally, 10 minutes ago) killed the boss there in NG+ and I still don't feel much.

The Serpent Eyes guy in the Poison Pool, though: ugh, I just stood there, watching him catch poison time and time again until the Deathblows became possible (until I lost it and jumped to deal some actual hits). It's one of my most hated minibosses.

About the ordinary enemies, I was truly shocked when I came across the Ashina soldiers inside the castle, the ones dressed in blue. The game warns you things will get hard with the Tengu warriors on the rooftops, but the difficulty spike is still too high).
Old 29-03-19, 00:59   #3014
jarekhanzelka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish View Post
^ The Mibu Village? I wish it was bigger, like Fountainhead Palace. O'rin of the Water and the Boss are good challenges there, but otherwise I didn't feel much danger. I JUST (literally, 10 minutes ago) killed the boss there in NG+ and I still don't feel much.

The Serpent Eyes guy in the Poison Pool, though: ugh, I just stood there, watching him catch poison time and time again until the Deathblows became possible (until I lost it and jumped to deal some actual hits). It's one of my most hated minibosses.

About the ordinary enemies, I was truly shocked when I came across the Ashina soldiers inside the castle, the ones dressed in blue. The game warns you things will get hard with the Tengu warriors on the rooftops, but the difficulty spike is still too high).
Oh yes, the Serpent Eyes sniper lady is easily my most hated enemy in the game, boss or no boss.

I was actually referring to the foggy journey to the village itself. It reminds me of Shaded Woods way too much.

And indeed, no denying the true form of the village's boss is the true form for a reason.

When it comes to regular enemies, nobody gives me the same headache like the wannabe adult Raidens you first meet at Mt Kongo. 1v1 they're no particular trouble, but they always come in pairs or more. :C
jarekhanzelka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-19, 21:37   #3015
Vinkula

Devil May Cry 5

Pull my Devil Trigger, seriously. Loved the ride!
Vinkula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-19, 22:16   #3016
ActuallyArlow

Uncharted 4, A Theifs End. It was one of those games that I put on hold half way through before I finished it because of a bunch of other games I wanted to finish.
ActuallyArlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-19, 02:22   #3017
Yuna´s Wish

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, for the 4th time.

8/10

The game requires you to finish the game 4 times (you could save a lot of time by backing up your data and reloading a few times, but that's cheap and I played fair) to get the Platinum...and so I did But I can't say I enjoyed the whole trip. It's definitely the worst I've played of FromSoftware, it is not among my favourite games and it's not even GotY material. And the "easy mode" debate it sparked is absurd.

It's still a VERY good game, and a really nice experiment by one of my favourite developers.
Old 18-04-19, 02:32   #3018
domino92

Vampyr - no kill run

Certainly much tougher than killing everything. You certainly make every EXP point matter in a no kill run, but I wouldn't say it was impossible. Definitely need to make more use of potions, and the fact I never used the overpowered shotgun I spent hours upgrading probably didn't help.
domino92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-19, 19:45   #3019
norabrave

Rise of the Tomb Raider, again and again. XD
norabrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-19, 08:50   #3020
biscuits

Red Dead Redemption 2:

I really LOVED this!! I never played the first game but this one was just sooo good. It looks stupid pretty and it's really fun just finding animals and different horse breeds. It's also crazy how the game pays soooo much attention to detail.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote