Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 03-02-19, 14:50   #14071
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
She's a better actress
Saorsie is at the same acting level as Alicia, but doesn't look like Lara that much. We got the best casting for this generation.

Also, how does Cara even get acting jobs? She can't act...
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-19, 17:15   #14072
FanosCroft

She can.
FanosCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-19, 17:22   #14073
Portugalraider

Well, maybe I just saw her worse gigs... :/
Old 03-02-19, 17:28   #14074
GeekOfComedy

With all her fame and huge social media following she couldn't sell tickets to any blockbuster she was put in - at least Vikander could even though a lot of people went because of the Tomb Raider brand name.
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-19, 17:34   #14075
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekOfComedy View Post
With all her fame and huge social media following she couldn't sell tickets to any blockbuster she was put in - at least Vikander could even though a lot of people went because of the Tomb Raider brand name.
Don't forget Alicia doesn't have any social médias. ^^
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-19, 17:56   #14076
TrustyBow

Alicia's modeling for Luis Vutton this year. Should boost her credibility and name.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-19, 18:12   #14077
Amunet

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
Alicia's modeling for Luis Vutton this year. Should boost her credibility and name.
This isn't new. She's been modeling for Louis Vuitton since 2015 if I'm not mistaken.
Amunet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-19, 19:12   #14078
Soma Holiday

Kinda irrelevant since its not the 1980s, but does anyone else think Kelly Lebrock would have made an amazing classic Lara in her heyday? Everytime I see her I think of Lara. Her voice was amazing too.

Soma Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-19, 20:46   #14079
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soma Holiday View Post
Kinda irrelevant since its not the 1980s, but does anyone else think Kelly Lebrock would have made an amazing classic Lara in her heyday? Everytime I see her I think of Lara. Her voice was amazing too.

Gonna be honest, I think I get more "older reboot Lara" vibes from her.
Old 03-02-19, 22:59   #14080
andre_costa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
Were their meetings before that point? Because if the movie came out in February and they didn't have a meeting until August anyway, then time wouldn't really matter.
Yes. They had meetings since the movie's release until August. I don't know how many, tho. But the last one was in August.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Still think RotTR is the best option for a sequel, if we're following the games. Going from a supposed realistic himiko disease to a Mayan magic apocalypse is a bit to much of a stretch. I think it's better to have a story bridging the two first.
I'll be honest. I would prefer an adaptation of Shadow just because I didn't really like Rise. I prefer Shadow because I think the story is better (or at least, it has the potential to be better ) Anyway if they were to adapt Rise I would prefer an adaption of Rise with your ideas:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
So, in the case we get bad news, I've been trying to come up with my idea for a sequel based on RotTR. I am trying to give myself similar limitations to the ones the first movie got (mainly things that would work with a smaller budget and China's weird rules about showing religious themes and women using dark magic) and I was thinking: obviously the Divine Source would be a problem, at least under those restrictions. But as stone-like artefact that is able to gift immortality, maybe it could be adapted as the philosopher stone?

The byzantine empire does have some history with alchemy, with interest disappearing more or less at the same time as the Sack of Constantinople from 1204. Maybe instead of a Prophet, Jacob could have been a revered alchemist. Maybe it better explains why Ana would think the artefact would be able to cure her. And since it's a pseudo-science and not magic, maybe there would be no problem with Ana starting to use the artefact?

Being pseudo-science could also help a bit with the movie's "trying to be as grounded as possible" and act as a clever gateway to more supernatural stuff. I mean, it is still very supernatural, but there is a logic to Alchemy, as it basically is a proto-chemistry...
I think your ideas are way better than Rise and it's also different.

Last edited by andre_costa; 03-02-19 at 23:01.
andre_costa is online now   Reply With Quote