Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 10-06-19, 16:10   #601
Patrick star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Well, Phillip Sevy did confirm SE/CD made him redraw Lara with a less muscular build when he started working on TR comics.

Cannot look for the original drawings right now, but they are either on his Instagram and/or on his Deviant Art page. She was ripped on those originals. And in those posts he confirms that SE/CD were the ones who requested him to make the arms look less muscular.

Not saying it's all part of an evil anti-muscles conspiracy, but SE/CD asking Sevy to tone Lara's muscles down is true, at least according to Sevy himself.
Which brings me to option B , basically. I see nothing wrong in wanting Lara to be less ripped in the comics taking place directly after TR2013 (a.k.a right at the beginning of Lara's career) , especially since comic artists tend to exaggerate certain features anyway .

As for the SOTTR ones , I agree with biscuits that they looked weird af and I liked the fact that they created a muscle contracting system where her arms look more ripped during certain physical activities rather than sticking out abnormally like a sore thumb 24/7 .
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-19, 16:14   #602
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
Which brings me to option B , basically. I see nothing wrong in wanting Lara to be less ripped in the comics taking place directly after TR2013 (a.k.a right at the beginning of Lara's career) , especially since comic artists tend to exaggerate certain features anyway .
Phillip worked on the comics after RotTR though. She could have a little more muscle in those, it would made more sense.

And she wasn't exaggerated in those comics anyways, all he did to tone the muscles down was remove/simplify the shading on her arms.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote