Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation

Old 27-04-15, 17:30   #31
Joey79100

Some other suggestions for NG Center:
- a trigger window in NG Center. It's kinda annoying to open NGLE each time you need a trigger (and in NGLE: bigger sizes for the dropdown menus would make the searches better)
- the ability to change the fonts and their size. And the changes have to be saved (currently we can change the zoom of the script with Ctrl+Mouse wheel but the setting is lost when you restart NG Center)
- and why not colours in the script, the same way you would have with some IDEs or Notepad++ for example. It could also make it more readable.

@Titak: Laziness will lead you to nowhere...

Last edited by Joey79100; 27-04-15 at 17:31.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-15, 18:20   #32
Titak

^
I'm not lazy!
I just said I won't do it right away because the sound from my laptop is less good than the sound from my PC. So I can better edit them on my PC.
(no access to my PC atm).

I also like this suggestion:
Quote:
- and why not colours in the script, the same way you would have with some IDEs or Notepad++ for example. It could also make it more readable.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-15, 10:34   #33
AkyV

I stuck this thread so that Paolone will find it easily.
AkyV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-16, 22:32   #34
sachymiro

Post Suggestions

Well i have some suggestions, they're not CHANGES at all, but little visual aspects and minor stuff:
  • More visible fonts, some people that have vision problems cant read without putting their face on the monitor's glass
  • Being able to use the floor + or - and ceilling + or - in blocks, to use the same technique as in walls to apply textures
  • more free object movement, i don't like to only can put objects in a square center, and sometimes making a flame up a pedestal needs some work for me.
  • Less bright colors, i said before that people with vision problems need darker fonts, im those type of people, but sometimes the bright grey colors cause some problems to me.

Sorry for any english problems, im not native speaker
sachymiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-16, 13:10   #35
TombRaiderTim

Would never know if it will possible but it would be awesome if a feature could be included in the editor where you are able to blend textures together like in the newer games, say for instance you have a snow texture and want it to cover and blend over rock or stone, instead of having separate textures in a tga which would take up space and it would look a little more realistic.
TombRaiderTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-16, 03:13   #36
Joey79100

^
I think that would be possible with Meta2TR, by overlaying 2 faces, and using one of the new blending modes we have now. Those who turn black into transparent could be useful there.

-------------------------------

I want to suggest some things, I have no idea if they would be complicated to make. I'm not the programmer, so I can't tell!

1) ADD_SOUND constant for AddEffect= command. I'm actually surprised it's not already there, it could be quite useful for several purposes.

2) A trigger like "Effect. Add to object in Found Item Index the (E) AddEffect from script.txt", or something like that, basically to add an effect to an auto-generated object.
The first use of those two suggestions would be to reimplement the classic flare, because with GT_CREATED_NEW_ITEM we can check if an item has been created (for this example, a flare), and even get its Id. But we can't do much with it.
It could be used to create magical weapons, add smoke or a water effect on a dart (using the blood sprite, or a new ADD_ constant, ADD_DRIPS for example). Light on moving objects would be interesting too, in a more general way.

3) Something completely unrelated:
We have Animation= commands, that can force an Animation when a set of conditions are true. But what about a StateID= command? It would serve the exact same purpose, but force a StateID instead of an animation. Well, force a Next StateID I mean, or maybe both if we want. It could be an existing one, or a new one, basically it would allow us to create new StateIDs or overlap the normal ones. Just like what we can do with animations.
It would make animations much more easier to manage, because we could set several transitions using State Changes instead of the using the range. The Animation= command would still be useful in some cases, because there are still some things that we couldn't trigger using a StateID= command (unless if we were courageous enough to add a State Change to every animation).
EDIT: Well, actually... we have FAN_PERFORM_TRIGGER_GROUP in the animation command. Instead of creating a whole StateID= command, a better solution would actually be to add something like FAN_SET_NEXT_STATEID and FAN_FORCE_NEW_STATEID, or something like that. It would be a better and easier solution actually.

4) I'm also thinking about things for the detector.
You know, in pointer mode, it targets something until it's killed or picked up. But what if it never gets killed or picked up? Or if we want to target a door for example? A useful trigger would be "Detector. Target next item in the list". That would just stop targeting anything if it has reached the end of the list then.
An action trigger with a similar purpose could be used to target a specific item on the map, without having to put it in the list. With these triggers, the detector would be more interactive and could be used for more purposes, because a new target could be set when something specific happens, depending on the imagination of the builder.

That's all... for today.

EDIT: Well, something else. I want to remind that everything in that post is suggestions, not requests.
5) GT_REACHED_NEW_ROOM and/or GT_REACHED_NEW_ROOM_TYPE (but the second one isn't needed if we have the first one)
This could be useful for creating, for example, a simple setup where you check each time if the environment has changed. For changing the audio track for example, or the fog, or something like that. It doesn't need to return anything in anyway, because I think we already have everything we could need with variables or in another way (you get room number with a ENV_ROOM_IS, you get the type of the room with C81 (even if all the types aren't there). Maybe it could be used for other purposes too, like adding a special effect on the screen when reaching, for example, a cold room, without having to put triggers on the map.

Last edited by Joey79100; 16-07-16 at 23:17.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-16, 17:28   #37
A_De

One small notice about description of flame_emitter with OCB = -2: it makes the emitter to turn off itself after large time interval. With OCB = -7 emitter works in continuous way. So these OCBs are not equal.
A_De is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-16, 14:53   #38
TombGuardian

Script
-Merchant Feature: Buy / Sell / Exchange Objects
-Spawn Area(A feature that makes so that in the choosen area that kind of item will spawn randomly at random times(and at random visits))
-Weapon Upgrading(more damage per upgrade/more ammo per pickup per upgrade). You can choose if upgrade by use or by Merchants
-Health Increasing items(like an armor) and that is upgradeable

I know it's all too 'futuristic' but that would be cool
TombGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-16, 15:58   #39
Matie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombGuardian View Post
-Merchant Feature: Buy / Sell / Exchange Objects
It's already possible via scripting. I don't remember how exactly though, as it was back in 2011 or 2012 when I made kind of a trading system... you could collect coins/coin pouches and buy healing potions and stuff. Too bad I probably lost those files (I had a video about it too, but it's deleted :/), so I can't help you how to make it, but it's definitely possible.
Matie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-16, 21:38   #40
TombGuardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matie View Post
It's already possible via scripting. I don't remember how exactly though, as it was back in 2011 or 2012 when I made kind of a trading system... you could collect coins/coin pouches and buy healing potions and stuff. Too bad I probably lost those files (I had a video about it too, but it's deleted :/), so I can't help you how to make it, but it's definitely possible.
Oh... really? D= That's bad you have lost it
TombGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote