Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 21-09-19, 10:19   #1
Kurtis6

Talking Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness REMASTERED

Hello there!

This remaster is going to use the same assets as before, but adding to the game what was cut (dual pistols, people on the streets of paris, shop, levels, etc) and refine the controls.

I am going to need help to extract the original assets of the original game.
Anyone interested in colaborate?

Last edited by Kurtis6; 22-09-19 at 10:25. Reason: Image source fixed.
Kurtis6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-19, 11:05   #2
nakamichi680

What are you planning to do after extracting the game assets?
I don't want to sound rough and skeptical but either you have some original tools to speed up the process or you have no idea of the insane amount of work this task requires. You can't do it.
nakamichi680 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-19, 11:28   #3
Kurtis6

I am going to use URaider, since I am a experienced user of Unity.
Old 21-09-19, 18:36   #4
Alex Fly
Inactive

Interesting. Wishing you good luck with your project. I'll be keeping an eye on it for sure.

And good idea to use URaider.
Alex Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-19, 23:12   #5
UroshUchiha

I do of course wish you good luck with the project, but I've seen way too many threads like these that ultimately end up nowhere and die instantly. So I won't get my hopes up.

In a perfect world, we'd only get these threads with actual content to show the beginning stages of the project. Announcing something that's been in development for a bit.

Last edited by UroshUchiha; 22-09-19 at 10:54.
UroshUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-19, 23:44   #6
Joey79100

Couldn't agree more with this. Opening a thread with nothing but "I'm gonna do this huge thing" always gives me that same impression, and it always turns out to be just the announcement.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-19, 04:58   #7
michaeldt

I'm always weary of these, particularly if the thread is started without any progress on display.
michaeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-19, 06:54   #8
Kurtis6

erased
Old 22-09-19, 11:49   #9
sasho648

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamichi680 View Post
What are you planning to do after extracting the game assets?
I don't want to sound rough and skeptical but either you have some original tools to speed up the process or you have no idea of the insane amount of work this task requires. You can't do it.
Talking about assets - recently I've gotten to write an exporter with the newest API (UWP) to the 3mf format included for 3d objects. I'm using js.

Anyway I've problem with indices how exactly can you make them flat - i.e. in groups of three, without duplicates, I'm talking about D3DPT_TRIANGLESTRIP groups as they seem to make most sense.

Because the current API will crash with unspecified error if there are duplicates.

The format is a list of vertices and then a list of indices in group of 3 with a user specified stride (i.e. you seem to be able to specify a stride of 2 so the first and last indices will be duplicated but alias this didn't fix the problem).

Thanks in advance.

Oh I'm dumb - it's right there in the documentation - ( degenerate triangle) - question is how could I specify this in the 3mf format.

Here is a link to the project (it is to my working directory so any updates will be automatically visible) - you need vs 2017 to open it (2019 doesn't support js).

The problem is at line 288 currently where indices are written.

Last edited by sasho648; 22-09-19 at 14:48. Reason: Pardon me it's D3DPT_TRIANGLESTRIP rather.
sasho648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-19, 14:45   #10
FreakRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasho648 View Post
Talking about assets - recently I've gotten to write an exporter with the newest API (UWP) to the 3mf format included for 3d objects. I'm using js.

Anyway I've problem with indices how exactly can you make them flat - i.e. in groups of three, without duplicates, I'm talking about D3DPT_TRIANGLESTRIP groups as they seem to make most sense.

Because the current API will crash with unspecified error if there are duplicates.

The format is a list of vertices and then a list of indices in group of 3 with a user specified stride (i.e. you seem to be able to specify a stride of 2 so the first and last indices will be duplicated but alias this didn't fix the problem).

Thanks in advance.

Oh I'm dumb - it's right there in the documentation - ( degenerate triangle) - question is how could I specify this in the 3mf format.

Here is a link to the project (it is to my working directory so any updates will be automatically visible) - you need vs 2017 to open it (2019 doesn't support js).
If I/we could somehow publicly get ahold of this new exporter, I'd be very greatful
FreakRaider is offline   Reply With Quote