Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider on Mobile

Old 26-07-18, 16:21   #21
LukeXscorpio

Does anyone think they have took them down because their making a remastered trilogy like crash and spyro? I hope so... I found tomb raider 1 but it said only available in Saudi Arabia store so I’m confused.

Last edited by LukeXscorpio; 26-07-18 at 16:23.
LukeXscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-18, 16:52   #22
Mickybyrne20

Well my Tomb Raider 1 app would instantly shut down when I tried to open it. It's clearly got compatibility issues. That's probably why they removed them, to patch them or someone.
Mickybyrne20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-18, 17:09   #23
LukeXscorpio

You could be right, really hope it’s because they are remastering it though and hey I’m from Manchester too.
LukeXscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-18, 02:06   #24
zenazic

Hopefully it's not one those cases where the publisher discontinues the app from the App Store over compatibility issues and then never fixes them, so a perfectly good game just disappears... I've seen a couple of games go through that, like the iOS version of Pandemonium, I Love Katamari and a couple of more...
zenazic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-18, 10:07   #25
LuckyEdge10

It also happened with Mirror's Edge! There was a great and funny mobile game (only on iOS), but they removed it because it's "the circle of life". No, I'm not jocking, It's the official statement.

"When our mobile games reach the end of their cycle, we withdraw them from the App Store. It is the circle of life.

Have you purchased any games in the table below? You can install them on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch if you have a compatible version of iOS.

Ridicolous.
LuckyEdge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-18, 07:20   #26
tlr online
Tomb Raider Forums

This from the studio.

Quote:
Square Enix is evaluating its mobile title lineup to ensure that its games deliver the highest quality experience for our players. The mobile classic titles of Tomb Raider 1, Tomb Raider 2, and The Guardian Of Light were removed from iOS and Google Play Stores in order to ensure that our product line continues to function well on modern devices and that it stays compliant with industry norms and applicable regulations.
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-18, 11:12   #27
WWETombRaider

That's good to know they didn't permanently nuke them. So they should be back on the store soon, I'm guessing.
WWETombRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-18, 19:17   #28
VictorXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWETombRaider View Post
That's good to know they didn't permanently nuke them. So they should be back on the store soon, I'm guessing.
This is pretty much the opposite of what I read. For me it seems like they are permanently ditching those games.

I mean it would make sense, I can't imagine more than a couple of people a month buy them these days. So I don't think it must be very profitable to keep paying someone to update them.
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-18, 19:43   #29
Matie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
This is pretty much the opposite of what I read. For me it seems like they are permanently ditching those games.

I mean it would make sense, I can't imagine more than a couple of people a month buy them these days. So I don't think it must be very profitable to keep paying someone to update them.
Yeah, I interpreted it the same way.
Matie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-18, 19:49   #30
WWETombRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post

Oh crap. I interpreted that as "we'll review and re-upload".
WWETombRaider is offline   Reply With Quote