www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 06-08-21, 15:50   #71
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
I personally think we should retire all sun glasses. None of them ever looked good and she never officially wore them in any playable segment of the game.

I also would like to see the axes go. Lara could do the exact same thing without them just by training in bouldering.

I don't mine one way or the other about the braid or the ponytail. Though I would like to see the backpack and the dual pistols return.
As someone who's never liked the sun glasses (especially the red ones), I'd be more than happy if they conveniently forgot they existed.

I'm the same about the plait or ponytail, although the plait might actually be a nice change though it's probably not as unique as it once was. If they can do it technically, then maybe they could have both, depending on the outfit? I personally prefer long trousers over shorts, though, again, I don't mind either way. I think a backpack is needed right now, over having several little pouches. It's a cleaner look.
Old 06-08-21, 15:54   #72
DOPE
Relic Hunter

Just give us character customization and make everybody happy.
Old 06-08-21, 15:58   #73
LNSNHGTDS
Tomb Raider

As long as they don't go overboard with it I'd love that.

I think they got it right in Anniversary, Guardian of Light and GO. A bunch of trademark costumes to unlock and use in game.

I wouldn't want to see stuff like "change the costumes' colours, change her hair colour and length, change her makeup" or stuff like that. I think that'd be too much.

But having braid / ponytail, shorts / pants options and unlockable outfits I think is not doing any harm.
Old 06-08-21, 16:04   #74
DOPE
Relic Hunter

Lara has had so many different looks at this point, it would honestly only make sense to let us play with the kind of style we want especially since itís an unified timeline now. Some prefer braid, others ponytails. Some shorts, some pants, glasses etc. We already have it in Shadow so why not expand on that system? I donít think anyone would be against it.
Old 06-08-21, 16:20   #75
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Not gonna lie, and this for a 1st playthrough, I kind of wish they would stick to just one outfit and look that would evolve during the course of the game, sort of like how Lara loses her jacket in Kazakhstan after it catches fire, or how the main TR2013 outfit gets increasingly more dirty and damaged with the passage of time. I think it is a really neat technique for visual storytelling.

But for subsquent playthroughs (any playthrough after the first one, new game plus, chapter replay, any extra mode like Endurance), I agree, go wild with costumizations.
Old 06-08-21, 16:33   #76
LNSNHGTDS
Tomb Raider

If we're sticking to one location per game I agree. But if we go back to globetrotting I'd love to have some more variety.
Old 06-08-21, 16:37   #77
jajay119
Tomb Raider

I'm ok with an option outfit as long as a modern bun is an option too.

I keeping remembering that mod someone created of Rise Lara with the high waist shorts, tank and bun. That would be a great unified Lara for me and a nice nod the first game.

Last edited by jajay119; 06-08-21 at 16:44.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote