Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 01-11-11, 01:16   #501
aussie500
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara [CA] View Post
Not in quotes, but it's not expressed as a speculation. He litterally says:
"Lara can pick up lots of various objects that she will need during the adventure. From medical herbs to invicibility spells to firearms and dynamite, Lara will have what she needs to handle any situation in Tomb Raider."
He could have picked that idea in RE, that is right. But he seems to say it's official. The invicibility spells sound ever stranger...
Perhaps they had not yet implemented the medipacks, and when told Lara would be able to heal herself during the game the author just assumed it would be herbs. I have a suspicion invicibility spells might have been an invincibility cheat, which maybe the developers were using when playing. Would be nice to get that in a Tomb Raider game though. They ever made Lara invisible, I would never get anywhere, although turning of the detection with activating the enemies would have been fine. I usually die in a Tomb Raider game just falling off things though, no need for attacking enemies for Lara to die when I play any of the classics.

An early look at bacon Lara, Core never showed the Atlantis levels early on, but it seems someone might have been showing of this model to have it in this demo. She suffers from the infamous Lara's shorts texture problem, so they might have still been building her, either that or they were showing of the strange places Lara's shorts could appear.

Again thanks to Gh0stBlade for discovering the hidden models and uploading the video.

Last edited by aussie500; 01-11-11 at 01:28.
aussie500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-11, 19:42   #502
Clara [CA]

I've finally had some time to edit the scans :

Nothing new in the article BUT the editor says that they went directly to Core Design's studio to talk with the developers. The magazine was sold with a CD, that wasn't included in the auction so I'm still hunting for it, in hopes of some unseen footage or maybe an interview. No luck so far, but I'll keep looking.

Oh, and there's the drawing again :

Last edited by Clara [CA]; 29-11-11 at 19:49.
Clara [CA] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-11, 08:40   #503
Charlie91

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Clara [CA
Nothing new in the article BUT the editor says that they went directly to Core Design's studio to talk with the developers. The magazine was sold with a CD, that wasn't included in the auction so I'm still hunting for it, in hopes of some unseen footage or maybe an interview. No luck so far, but I'll keep looking.

Oh, and there's the drawing again :
Amazing drawing! I love these old Lara's concepts
Charlie91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-11, 11:15   #504
Tonyrobinson

I always love seeing classic Tomb Raider magazines articles and videos, I just hope that 2012 will bring back some of the magic of the early days.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-11, 13:03   #505
aussie500
Golden

Thanks for the nice scan Clara [CA].

There is no mention of there being anything Tomb Raider related on the CD though if it is this one.
Old 11-12-11, 12:36   #506
Clara [CA]

It was the next one (#5) but I just got my hands on it and, indeed, there was nothing on Tomb Raider.
Clara [CA] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-12, 03:33   #507
GabrielCroft

I was taking a look at the beta screens and sometimes I wonder if the beta version of some tomb raiders would be better than the final ones.
GabrielCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-12, 03:46   #508
Eddie Haskell

I found this hint book when I was checking some of the boxes of Tomb Raider games that I purchased from ebay. This one was in a TR "Game of the Year" Gold box, but I don't know if it was included when it was originally purchased or if the person threw it in there when they sold me the game. It was not in the 3 other boxes of the same game that I bought. I scanned the whole thing if anyone is interested.

Eddie Haskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-12, 03:57   #509
aussie500
Golden

Did it have any art work or renders in it? We are still missing some of the early artwork which might have been published in a book or magazine.
Old 16-01-12, 14:03   #510
Eddie Haskell

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie500 View Post
Did it have any art work or renders in it? We are still missing some of the early artwork which might have been published in a book or magazine.
No color images in it, here's what it looks like:

Eddie Haskell is offline   Reply With Quote