Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 01-02-12, 06:12   #901
Stevo505

Nolan also did the in-game movements too... there was another interview where he said his grunts and stuff were genuine because he was actually performing the movements.
Stevo505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-12, 06:21   #902
astreqwerty

The funny thing is people in uncharted forums dont know we exist/give a damn about tr..anyway on topic:mp has no place in tr and tr has nothing to do with uncharted where mp is justified:uncharted is an overly action oriented 3d person shooter with nothing unique about its atmosphere other than ridicoulously stylized action moments.however i cant see how a game as tr that heavily relies on its compeling atmosphere can implement mp without sacrificing part of its immersion while betraying the essence of this reboot
astreqwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-12, 06:23   #903
Spong
Beyond The Floating Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by astreqwerty View Post
The funny thing is people in uncharted forums dont know we exist/give a damn about tr..
That's because they don't need to, the game they love isn't desperately trying to claw back a once great reputation.
Spong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-12, 06:24   #904
lcroft_lc

Karl's tweet 1 hour ago:
Quote:
spent the entire day playing @tombraider. This **** never gets old. Every week the builds blow my mind. #gottaloveworkininthegameindustry

Damn! I am so jealous. Why can't we even see what he is playing.
lcroft_lc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-12, 06:25   #905
Stevo505

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcroft_lc View Post
Karl's tweet 1 hour ago:

Damn! I am so jealous. Why can't we even see what he is playing.
I can only imagine how amazing it is right now.... oh boy the graphics!!

At least he's tweeting about Tomb Raider again and now beer...

Last edited by Stevo505; 01-02-12 at 06:27.
Old 01-02-12, 06:29   #906
astreqwerty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spong View Post
That's because they don't need to, the game they love isn't desperately trying to claw back a once great reputation.
Indeed they never had that. I just dont see why we as a community , even though tr admitetely lost its grace over the years ,see the need to compare tr to that franchise.would you all be happy if tr suddenly turned to an uncharted clone?i doubt that
Old 01-02-12, 06:30   #907
Stevo505

Quote:
Indeed they never had that. I just dont see why we as a community , even though tr admitetely lost its grace over the years ,see the need to compare tr to that franchise.would you all be happy if tr suddenly turned to an uncharted clone?i doubt that
Multiplayer and voice/motion capture does not make Tomb Raider an Uncharted clone.
Old 01-02-12, 06:34   #908
Spong
Beyond The Floating Islands

Quote:
I guess it's because Uncharted is perceived by many around here to be the best at the moment, it's sitting in the place Tomb Raider once sat. It's not about being like Uncharted or cloning it, it's simply about bettering it.
Spong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-12, 06:39   #909
astreqwerty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo505 View Post
Multiplayer and voice/motion capture does not make Tomb Raider an Uncharted clone.
I beg to differ..in my books mp is just an attempt to marginalize this game and i bet my money that it will resolve around stupid gunfights and action scenes because those are the elements todays audiences are mostly drawn to

Edit: i have nothing against motion capturing

Last edited by astreqwerty; 01-02-12 at 06:41.
Old 01-02-12, 06:41   #910
Stevo505

Quote:
I beg to differ..in my books mp is just an attempt to marginalize this game and i bet my money that it will resolve around stupid gunfights and action scenes because those are the elements todays audiences are mostly drawn to
Okay, then don't play it. The stupid gunfights won't be part of the main campaign anyway. There's an easy solution: see the multiplayer option, ignore it.