Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 07-01-22, 05:52   #4531
turneraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoreRaider View Post
They react better to the lighting, plus you can apply vertex effects to them such as glow or movement to simulate leaves moving for example
You can do that either in StrPix or WadTool
I didn't know this!! Is there any tutorial or info about it somewhere?

EDIT: Nevermind I found it! It's located in the edit mesh mode!

Last edited by turneraider; 07-01-22 at 05:59.
turneraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-22, 14:18   #4532
justin

Yeah i couldn't find it in strpix but it was super easy to find in wadtool

I'm currently making everything move like it's underwater, i love it
justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-22, 11:14   #4533
AkyV

As you know that old audio features of TRLE was expanded in TRNG. For example, CD (aka PlayAudio) triggers could also work on two channels, like Flipeffect Audio triggers.
My newest experience is that these expansions have been seemingly expanded more in TE. For example, F133 for volume didn't work in NGLE for CD.

Edit: I am not sure I am right in this. Perhaps F133 also worked well in NGLE?

Last edited by AkyV; 12-01-22 at 22:58.
AkyV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-22, 23:07   #4534
AkyV

Did any of you try Importfile script command in TE?

My test entry was:

ImportFile= 1, audio\xyz.wav, FTYPE_SOUND, IMPORT_MEMORY

But TIDE cannot identify the WAV path while building. (Which is naturally [project_name]\Engine\audio.)

Paolone says in ImportFile readme:

Quote:
You cann't use absolute path like "c:\trle\audio\003.wav".
The path has to be always a relative path, using as root the current TRLE folder.
For example if you want import the wav file 003.wav, located in AUDIO folder, you'll type a path like this:

Audio\003.wav
I suppose the problem is there is no TRLE folder any more...

EDIT:
I have found the solution!
In Tomb Editor folder, VGE sub-folder works as TRLE folder for this feature.
So eg. if you choose audio\xyz.wav for your ImportFile, that means this folder:

Tomb Editor\TIDE\NGC\VGE\audio

Put your file to import here, and then the script compilation will work like a charm...

Last edited by AkyV; 13-01-22 at 18:14.
AkyV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-22, 01:22   #4535
turneraider

Nevermind..

Last edited by turneraider; 14-01-22 at 06:15.
turneraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-22, 19:34   #4536
Matie

Importing room geo from .mqo doesn't seem to work well, it messes up the textures - I've heard it's a known issue? Just wondering if it's going to be fixed anytime soon in an upcoming update that's all
Matie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-22, 21:00   #4537
The Bread

Default Why is my Tomb Editor game not playing when I try to preview it?

Hello, can someone please help me figure out why my Tomb Editor level will not play?
I decided to start simple with Tomb Editor by creating a single small room to learn the basics. However after following all the steps from this tutorial series (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohK7...iyAf1lOlKtwslf) my level simply will not load or play after I select 'Build Level and Play in Preview Mode.'

STEPS TAKEN SO FAR:

1. I downloaded the latest version of Tomb Editor.
2. I created a new project in TombIDE called simply 'Level'. Made a folder on my desktop specifically for the project and selected it as the destination folder. I also added the WADs and Texture folders from TRLE to this 'Level' folder.
3. I then selected 'Build Script' and opened the actual Tomb Editor.
4. As you can see in this screenshot, I went to 'Level Settings' and made sure to add my texture files and wad files to make sure the file paths were correct. I also set the sound files (which appear to have come with the Tomb Editor) to 'Auto Detect' since the tutorial said to do so.
5. I then began making my basic single room level. I cropped it to make it smaller. Then added one of the TGA texture files from the 'Level' folder to start texturing the walls, ceiling, and floor.
6. Tomb Editor automatically had the WAD section filled in (not sure why or how to change that). After texturing and adding a sun and shadow feature, I switched to 3D mode and dragged Lara into a spot in the room.
7. I clicked 'Build Level and Play in Preview Mode' and it will not play.
I noticed as the information flashed on the screen as it prepared to try launching, these strings of info were highlighted in yellow.

I shut off auto-detect for the sounds and that got rid of the highlighted line about the sound files but the level still wouldn't play. As for the 'stray shiny objects' bit, I have no clue what that means.
I saw someone mention compiling the script. Could that be it? I don't know how to do that.
Am I missing the actual problem? If someone could help me solve what's happening here, I would greatly appreciate it.
The Bread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-22, 22:56   #4538
vasatomb

The number of sounds should not exceed 256.
Uncheck the unnecessary sounds.
Why did you connect so many wad files? Make one of your own using wadtool.

The game tab should have the tr4ng engine. In the "paths to sounds" tab, specify only the paths where your sounds are located. Usually in the sounds project folder.

And try build and play (f5).
vasatomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-22, 00:22   #4539
The Bread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasatomb View Post
The number of sounds should not exceed 256.
Uncheck the unnecessary sounds.
Why did you connect so many wad files? Make one of your own using wadtool.

The game tab should have the tr4ng engine. In the "paths to sounds" tab, specify only the paths where your sounds are located. Usually in the sounds project folder.

And try build and play (f5).
Thank you truly for helping. I'm a complete newbie to this.
I wasn't sure where the sounds it was automatically connected to were located, so I removed them from the paths to start fresh. I pasted the TR4 sounds into a sounds subfolder inside my project 'Level' folder. They show up fine out of the program. However, when I open up Tomb Editor and try to select that sounds subfolder, it's empty and has no sounds in it. How should I get my sounds connected properly? This picture shows it - when I click on that sounds text, it says no items match my search.

I went to the game tab to check the engine like you said, this is what I see. Is the right thing selected?
I also narrowed my imported wads and textures down to one each - I wasn't sure how many to import to the paths before. Are these wads good to use or must I make my own?

Last edited by The Bread; 24-01-22 at 00:24.
The Bread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-22, 01:36   #4540
vasatomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bread View Post
Thank you truly for helping. I'm a complete newbie to this.
I wasn't sure where the sounds it was automatically connected to were located, so I removed them from the paths to start fresh. I pasted the TR4 sounds into a sounds subfolder inside my project 'Level' folder. They show up fine out of the program. However, when I open up Tomb Editor and try to select that sounds subfolder, it's empty and has no sounds in it. How should I get my sounds connected properly? This picture shows it - when I click on that sounds text, it says no items match my search.

I went to the game tab to check the engine like you said, this is what I see. Is the right thing selected?
I also narrowed my imported wads and textures down to one each - I wasn't sure how many to import to the paths before. Are these wads good to use or must I make my own?
In the sound infos tab at the top, click on "+" and go to the directory where tomb editor is installed /trcatalogs/tr4sounds.xml - select this file. A list of sounds will appear at the bottom.

After that, just put Lara on the level and press f5 - in theory, everything will compile and tr4 will automatically start at your level.

"I also narrowed my imported wads and textures down to one each - I wasn't sure how many to import to the paths before. Are these wads good to use or must I make my own?" - To begin with, try with any one wad file.

Last edited by vasatomb; 24-01-22 at 01:43.
vasatomb is offline   Reply With Quote