Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Comics, Books and Novels

Old 20-01-23, 08:49   #31
UroshUchiha

[1996] Tomb Raider Comic Debuts in Mean Machines SEGA
[1998] Witchblade - Tomb Raider (this might be in the Archive? I am not sure)
[2000] Dark Crossings
[2005] Tomb Raider - Witchblade - Magdalena - Vampirella

Maybe these?

Last edited by UroshUchiha; 20-01-23 at 17:48.
UroshUchiha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-23, 18:43   #32
HarleyCroft

Thank you for double checking!
I think all those issues are in the Trade Paperbacks pictured.. except for the Mean Machines SEGA
I will look into it, thanks again
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-23, 10:17   #33
Rubicante59

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyCroft View Post
^yeah the old school comic Lara was insanely sexy
I think I gathered all the Top Cow Lara appearances that weren't in the Archives!

Am I missing any? I have Dark Aeons too
I just read the one called Takeover recently, and she was ridiculously over sexualised in this. Not just her, but other female characters too. Lara’s boobs were bigger than usual and there was lots of close ups to them. There was another female character wearing a miniskirt as well and Lara was wearing a dress, so there was lots of shots of her and Lara’s legs as well. Then another skimpy clothing wearing female character comes along out of absolutely nowhere, just to seemingly look sexy.

Last edited by Rubicante59; 23-01-23 at 13:17.
Rubicante59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-23, 18:40   #34
CheshireBitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicante59 View Post
I just read the one called Takeover recently, and she was ridiculously over sexualised in this. Not just her, but other female characters too. Lara’s boobs were bigger than usual and there was lots of close ups to them. There was another female character wearing a miniskirt as well and Lara was wearing a dress, so there was lots of shots of her and Lara’s legs as well. Then another skimpy clothing wearing female character comes along out of absolutely nowhere, just to seemingly look sexy.
I don't know for 2023 comics, but at the time it was the style of the US comics, every character was overly exagerated and sexualised. Even men had unhuman muscles and clothes that felt more like body paint than actual suits
CheshireBitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-23, 13:39   #35
Jami393

Quote:
Yes they are.
Could you tell me where please?
Jami393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-23, 15:31   #36
Rubicante59

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireBitch View Post
I don't know for 2023 comics, but at the time it was the style of the US comics, every character was overly exagerated and sexualised. Even men had unhuman muscles and clothes that felt more like body paint than actual suits
It’s not as common anymore, but female characters do get a lot more sexualised than male ones. Even among super hero comics, there’s way more butt and boob shots as there are of male characters assets. That said, Nightwing does seem be sexualised in a similar way recently, where his ass is a big focal point of attention.
Old 01-02-23, 15:31   #37
Rubicante59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jami393 View Post
Could you tell me where please?
[ removed ]

Last edited by tlr online; 03-02-23 at 00:45. Reason: See Terms and Conditions of Use
Old 03-02-23, 00:34   #38
Jami393

Quote:
On
Yeah, that site isn't exactly legal. I was meaning to actually purchase them digitally.

Last edited by Jami393; 03-02-23 at 00:44.
Jami393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-23, 01:17   #39
ilovemscroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amunet View Post
I kinda liked it. But I was disappointed that it didn't really follow the game's story - just some plot points were the same - but I'm not even sure if the comic's creative team was in touch with the game's team in order to make a closer story.
"If it's unique or exciting, I go after it." — Lara Croft

hahaha i love that line it's from saga of the medusa mask graphic novel/comic series.
"I was disappointed that it didn't really follow the game's story" same and true but i do love that it stayed faithful to the source material and faithful to lara croft character so i didn't mind that it didnt connect to the core design game series and besides core design put their stamp of approval since their logo are on the cover art.

Last edited by ilovemscroft; 05-09-23 at 02:01.
ilovemscroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-23, 01:59   #40
ilovemscroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyCroft View Post
^yeah the old school comic Lara was insanely sexy
I think I gathered all the Top Cow Lara appearances that weren't in the Archives!

Am I missing any? I have Dark Aeons too
OMG i'm freaking jealous right now. hahahaha
i have more of a movie collection of tomb raider ALOT MORE THEN THE TOMB RAIDER GaME version, but i'm getting there, i'm too busy buying tomb raider magazines, bobbleheads and statues but have u read: Lara croft and the frozen omen? it's a pretty good comic, it came out in 2016. she looks more like legends version of lara tho. tbf that's not all of lara/tomb raider top cow appearances judging from all of the achieve volumes collections: 1 -5, THE DARKNESS AND TOMB RAIDER (DYNAMIC FORCES ALTERNATE COVER), TOMB RAIDER Compendium Omnibus, Tomb Raider: Dark Aeons
and etc but none the less that's a good start i hope u got more since then.

i also own "lara croft tomb raider tech manual by michael jan friedman". the book pretty much shows how faithful simon west's tomb raider was to the source material. i love that it has dialogue trees as text messages showing her reaction to the new weapons, phones and etc. i think it's a must buy for all tr fans
ilovemscroft is offline   Reply With Quote