www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 14-09-21, 20:10   #61
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

I mean, it is a reasonable speculation since, contrary to Re/Visioned and the Hollywood movies, the anime will be canon, and possibly on of the first official "unified Lara" projects...

Doesn't confirm anything, of course, but it is a reasonable speculation.
Old 14-09-21, 22:15   #62
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider

I hope she also acts in the games.

Almost as good as Keeley's voice, only time will tell who I'll prefer
Old 15-09-21, 08:41   #63
Ellioft
Professor

As for Lara new voice actress Is it only me or It doesn't sound like an actual progression of Camilla's tone.

For me it sounds like Lara start to speak like that just because and it feels kinda forced. But let see her in action first.
Old 15-09-21, 10:35   #64
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
As for Lara new voice actress Is it only me or It doesn't sound like an actual progression of Camilla's tone.

For me it sounds like Lara start to speak like that just because and it feels kinda forced. But let see her in action first.
It's not more jarring than going from Shelley to Judith, and then Judith to Jonell, in my opinion. All three have very different voices, and they were also supposed to be the same character at the time (reason why I am not including Keeley and Camilla, as initially they were new, separate takes on Lara).

Besides, we don't even know how Atwell is actually playing Lara. She is an actress, she most probably can modulate her voice. She might be playing Lara with a voice sounding like a midstep between Camilla in SotTR and Shelley in TRI or Keeley in TRA, for all we know...
Old 15-09-21, 13:21   #65
ESCachuli
Professor

Wouldnt it be even more expensive to hire her for the anime series than for the games? I mean, im sure there is a lot more voice acting in there than the games.

Not saying she is going to be for the games, I dont know that.
ESCachuli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-21, 13:45   #66
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESCachuli View Post
Wouldnt it be even more expensive to hire her for the anime series than for the games? I mean, im sure there is a lot more voice acting in there than the games.

Not saying she is going to be for the games, I dont know that.
Not in the time of mocap. That demands more time and physical effort from the actors portraying the character than, say, recording voices in a booth. With the added that they still would need to regular booth work to make sure they have the best audio for each possible scene and possible in-game voice lines and grunts. And that involves more money.

Even more so if they model the character in line with the actor, as now we have likeness rights being negotiated. Not that I think would happen for Tomb Raider, but it is also something that is becoming more common in games.
Old 15-09-21, 14:37   #67
Tombraider95
Tomb Raider

From the article it says "to voice Lara Croft" but the recording has already been done. So it's much further along than I thought. Perhaps we'll get a date for the release as one of the October reveals?
Old 15-09-21, 16:05   #68
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
From the article it says "to voice Lara Croft" but the recording has already been done. So it's much further along than I thought. Perhaps we'll get a date for the release as one of the October reveals?
Probably not, unless Netflix themselves show something from the anime in October. Meagan and Neha have said that while they do know how things are going along, it's up to Netflix when they decide to show things up.
Old 15-09-21, 17:52   #69
Chamayoo
Relic Hunter

I dunno if it was already known but Hayley has an Instagram account and she talked about her casting.
"It has been a real pleasure recording this for Netflix and Legendary. Written and executive produced by the brilliant Tasha Huo." She wrote on the description.
That means the recording sessions are already done ?

Link if you have an account : https://www.instagram.com/p/CT0zQnHI...dium=copy_link
Old 15-09-21, 18:04   #70
Tombraider95
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
I dunno if it was already known but Hayley has an Instagram account and she talked about her casting.
"It has been a real pleasure recording this for Netflix and Legendary. Written and executive produced by the brilliant Tasha Huo." She wrote on the description.
That means the recording sessions are already done ?

Link if you have an account : https://www.instagram.com/p/CT0zQnHI...dium=copy_link
Yeah that's what I saw when I mentioned in my last post about it being further along than I thought! Fingers crossed she is sticking around. Excited to hear her voice in the role.