www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 15-09-21, 01:08   #31
justin
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryloo View Post

No doubt about it, Movement at the Monastery will be in the Hall of Fame in TRLE net.
And it will definitely reach the HoF as quickly as possible
Old 20-09-21, 14:10   #32
Amlux
Student

Hello Loch,

I finished your level for a 2nd time and found it simply outstanding! It was much fun to explore this gorgeous scenery and discover its original gameplay, and at the same time it was a contemplative experience.

I really liked the attention you put to details, especially the water particle effect when standing near waterfalls, as this is not something I would have ever expected to see in TRLE.

After doing some digging in the audio files out of curiosity, I found a couple of tracks about Lara's birthday (#141 and 142). I didn't hear these in my playthroughs. May I ask how to trigger them in-game?
Old 21-09-21, 00:08   #33
loch
Student

Amlux, Thank you so much! I am so happy you enjoyed the level enough to play it through again! Many thanks

Quote:
I really liked the attention you put to details, especially the water particle effect when standing near waterfalls, as this is not something I would have ever expected to see in TRLE.
All credit to AkyV here for this plugin effect, its an impressive effect for sure!

Aha! aren't you the sleuth eh!

This was a very late addition to the level that I decided not to implement (my poor beta testers, I'm so sorry!) as I found it was buggy (and ultimately did cause this whole savegame bug in the end) and maybe a little distracting to the main story and just another layer of confusion to an already confusing level so I made it pretty much impossible to find.

If you crouch next to the balloons and press 'B' you will enable Birthday mode. You can then get the birthday hat off Dennis whenever you kill him now and this will trigger those different conversations when you next talk to the monk or with Barry and Sangmu in the kitchen. I wanted this to be enabled only on Laras actual birthday but I dont think theres a way for the engine to be aware of the current date.
Beware it will probably break your game at some point.

Last edited by loch; 21-09-21 at 00:09.
loch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-21, 12:35   #34
Amlux
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by loch View Post

Aha! aren't you the sleuth eh!

This was a very late addition to the level that I decided not to implement (my poor beta testers, I'm so sorry!) as I found it was buggy (and ultimately did cause this whole savegame bug in the end) and maybe a little distracting to the main story and just another layer of confusion to an already confusing level so I made it pretty much impossible to find.

If you crouch next to the balloons and press 'B' you will enable Birthday mode. You can then get the birthday hat off Dennis whenever you kill him now and this will trigger those different conversations when you next talk to the monk or with Barry and Sangmu in the kitchen. I wanted this to be enabled only on Laras actual birthday but I dont think theres a way for the engine to be aware of the current date.
Beware it will probably break your game at some point.

Ok, thank you, it is nice to know.

I noticed it was possible as well to pick up the balloons and they show up unnamed in the inventory.