Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 14-02-21, 16:10   #1781
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryloo View Post
You are right, there has been a big increase in mental instability due to being locked up in your own household for months on end. Mental charities have been warning about this. Also warnings of increases in household violence, as relatives fall out, etc.

What has happened in this lockdown compared to the first one, is that policing is far more intense around parks and supermarkets car number plate checking to see if you have the right to be there, treating us all as criminals, and this is adding to the feeling of being totally locked down. The lockdowns were only to alleviate the NHS, it has to end soon now the jab rollout is underway, and get the economy and our lives going again.

Anyway, PM Boris is about to make a statement soon, on how we get out of this lockdown situation. We wait and see.
I have seen very few police officers on the streets throughout each of the three lockdowns here in Ireland and even then they are only on the streets for a few minutes, even before the Coronavirus started there would be very few officers on the streets and when they do appear on the streets it's only during December to keep an eye on potential thieves taking advantage of people who are doing their Christmas shopping, as if shoplifting and pickpocketing only occurs in December.

As I've said before repeated lockdowns aren't the answer it might be time to demand that the government stop imposing lockdowns on people unnecessarily, it's far too easy for the Irish government to impose lockdowns on people they don't have to live with the effects of being stuck indoors 24/7, the Irish prime minister and various other politicians are frequently seen on TV getting together in a large room for various debates with none of them participating through Zoom.

The Irish prime minister has himself admitted that he frequently travels from Dublin to his home in Cork which is well outside the 5km travel limit imposed on everyone else but as is always the case with him it's do as I say not as I do.

I don't know why anyone bothers to listen to him as he has zero credibility if he thinks that it's ok for him to travel outside the 5km travel limit to his home in Cork while everyone else can't travel more than 5km in any direction.

It sounds like he followed Dominic Cummings example of breaking the rules when it suits him for his own purposes.

If only it were possible to remove him from office for reckless and irresponsible behaviour and his inability to show anything resembling leadership during the pandemic he's completely out of his depth and doesn't know what to do apart from repeatedly reimposing lockdowns and burying his head in the sand.

While the previous Irish prime minister was in charge things were running smoothly and the message about staying at home was getting across to people and he had a clear plan for reopening the country and getting things back to normal then the current Irish prime minister took over and the plan for reopening the country just stopped and was replaced by uncertainty and continual mixed messages from the government.

The sooner we get rid of him the better unfortunately we are stuck with him until sometime in late 2022.

I saw it on Sky News today that 15 million people in the UK have been vaccinated, in Ireland the total number is unknown and I couldn't find it on Google how many had been vaccinated, it's probably fewer than one million given the very slow rollout of the Coronavirus vaccine that plus some Coronavirus vaccines have been wasted on non essential workers like some builders who just happened to be at a hospital doing some emergency repairs when those vaccines that were wasted on the builders should have been given to nurses and doctors instead.

We should be vaccinating people 24/7 but we're not a few weeks ago vaccination was only being done between the hours of 9-5 Monday to Friday as if the Coronavirus took the night off between 5pm and 9am the following morning and took weekends off, I'm not sure if that's still the case but I wouldn't be surprised if that's still the case.

IIRC Israel was vaccinating 200,000 people every day every country should follow both the UK and Israel in vaccinating as many people as possible as quickly as possible instead of the very slow approach that the Irish government has to getting people vaccinated, a few weeks ago I read somewhere of one Irish politician who was never named that he wanted to take a wait and see approach to how the vaccine was working in order countries before it should be used here.

Whoever he was he was criticised for his stupid wait and see approach, has a politician ever in the history of politics ever not said something stupid and have any politicians ever had a good idea or do they all just sit in a room thinking of stupid things they can say to make themselves feel important and coming up with stupid ideas that will never work and will only result in lots of money that could have been better spent elsewhere on something practical.

Such a thing has happened frequently here in Ireland several years ago a politician whose name I've forgotten wasted several million euro on electronic voting machines that were never used because of security issues, the machines were in storage for nearly 20 years at an unknown cost before eventually being sold for scrap for less than 100,000 euro, the guy whoever he was, was embarrassed that we were and still are to this day still voting using pencil and paper, voting using pencil and paper is better IMO no potential security issues there plus there's no danger of a pencil and paper suffering from a power cut which would render them useless which could easily have happened with the never used electronic voting machines.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-21, 19:24   #1782
DragonSlayer

9 more weeks of severe restrictions in Ireland even though the Irish prime minister said nothing is set in stone which is bull since it was on most of today's newspapers that he is going to extend restrictions for the next 9 weeks.

A member of the public interviewed on RTE news said that people have had more than enough of being stuck indoors almost 24/7 and that they are cracking up and bored.

There has been a lack of clarity and communication from the government and the Irish prime minister hasn't bothered to address the nation about the 9 week extension to the current restrictions, it has been said that he will address the nation next Tuesday after both he and the government sign off on what they are calling the next phase of their living with Coronavirus plan.

There is no living with Coronavirus plan, we haven't been living with the Coronavirus for months we've been hiding from it and the Coronavirus situation has only been made worse by the Irish prime minister opening the country on December 1st in the hope that we would have the meaningful Christmas that he wanted everyone to have, well it backfired spectacularly and by December 27th we were back in level 5 restrictions and that happened because the idiot reopened the country to travel from abroad which resulted in the new strain of Coronavirus arriving here.

The narrative he was hoping to go for was the prime minister that saved Christmas, instead what we got was the prime minister that the country.

It's a case of too little too late for him to wait until next Tuesday to address the nation plus the 9 week extension to current restrictions was announced out of the blue and many in government aren't happy with the abruptness of the 9 week extension which AFAIK was decided on without any input from from the National Public Health Emergency Team aka NPHET.

The former Irish prime minister Leo Varadkar has called on people to dig deep to get through the next 9 weeks.

I think that won't happen, people have been digging deep since last year and we're not prepared to dig any more enough is enough people are have had more than enough of being confined to their homes almost 24/7, the only person doing any digging is Leo Varadkar who digs a deeper hole for himself every time he opens his mouth.

If we dig any deeper we'll be in Inception.

The Irish prime minister is a hypocrite telling people to stay at home for the next 9 weeks while he posts a picture on Twitter of himself meeting a woman when she was being vaccinated and there was no evidence of social distancing in the pictures he posted before adding his standard #holdfirm we're tired of holding firm it's getting us nowhere, he is incapable of passing up the opportunity for a photo opportunity.

#canttakeanymore
#nomoreholdingfirm
#endlockdownimmediately
#nomorelockdowns
#ineffectivelockdown
#reclaimfreedom

The former Irish prime minister Leo Varadkar said earlier in the week that our challenge is to rebuild the economy not return to the old normal but to build a new better normal when the pandemic is over.

Reading between the lines it's clear to me that when the pandemic is over and this new better normal begins that it will be nothing more than a police state where the government maintains the grip on power that it has on people's lives at the moment and that while restrictions will be eased over time, the government is not going to want to surrender the iron grip on power that it has gained during the pandemic when the pandemic is over.

I'd say that the Irish government has been waiting for years to create a police state and the pandemic gave the government the perfect opportunity with restrictions like you can't travel more than 5 kilometers from your home in any direction and you can't fly out of the country for any reason, all that's missing is people being rounded up for interrogation by the government in Guantanamo Bay style facilities to find out if anyone is planning on trying to sneak out of the country.
Old 20-02-21, 22:31   #1783
perryloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
...I'd say that the Irish government has been waiting for years to create a police state and the pandemic gave the government the perfect opportunity with restrictions like you can't travel more than 5 kilometers from your home in any direction and you can't fly out of the country for any reason, all that's missing is people being rounded up for interrogation by the government in Guantanamo Bay style facilities to find out if anyone is planning on trying to sneak out of the country.
Well lets hope this is the final lockdown for Ireland and UK, as the majority will have take up the vaccination this year. Most take up will be the elderly as they are most at risk, but the younger generation will be more hesitant, due to many factors, with the first being 'I am young I will survive it without a jab'.

As covid deaths drop with vaccine take up, which authorities have said is what will happen, and NHS has reduced load with Spring coming in, there should be no excuse for lockdowns to continue. We wait and see.
perryloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-21, 09:32   #1784
jackali
Golden

Personally, I hope that the lockdowns continue until the majority of the population has been vaccinated. It's precisely because the virus is able to spread that gives it the opportunity to mutate into new variants. The more we can control the situation now, the less we'll have to deal with in the future.

It is our responsibility to ensure that the current vaccines can do as much as possible, and that those who are already being vaccinated don't end up at risk again because we wouldn't take the necessary steps to try to avoid that.

It seems everyone is more concerned about getting out and about and less concerned about the costs of continued vaccine development and purchasing.

If you wanted an excuse for continued lockdowns, it's common sense.

The evidence for this is simply that after the first lockdown was lifted, cases and deaths surged once more. The same happened after the second, shorter, lockdown (to a smaller degree given that the lockdown then had minimal effect). Can people really be so blind as to not see it'll happen a 3rd time? Especially given how most people have had just one dose of the vaccine, which has been shown to have a limited and timed effectiveness.

Last edited by jackali; 21-02-21 at 09:37.
jackali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-21, 16:05   #1785
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryloo View Post
Well lets hope this is the final lockdown for Ireland and UK, as the majority will have take up the vaccination this year. Most take up will be the elderly as they are most at risk, but the younger generation will be more hesitant, due to many factors, with the first being 'I am young I will survive it without a jab'.

As covid deaths drop with vaccine take up, which authorities have said is what will happen, and NHS has reduced load with Spring coming in, there should be no excuse for lockdowns to continue. We wait and see.
Agreed hopefully there will be no more lockdowns in the very near future.

With people being vaccinated it's now time to start reopening the country and getting back to the old normal, people have had more than enough of the new normal.

Some will say don't reopen the country as doing so will cause the number of Coronavirus cases to increase again, that's going to happen either way as Coronavirus cases have gone up during lockdown and will go up again when the country reopens.

The Coronavirus will obviously be here for a while so it's time to stop hiding from it and actually start living with it, the Irish government itself calls it the living with Coronavirus plan now is the time to do just that.

I saw it on Sky News the other day that Boris Johnson is coming up with plans to reopen the country as quickly as possible which is more than can be said for the Irish prime minister who wants to take things very very slowly, he wants to take it so slow that it could be mid-summer before the hospitality sector can reopen and pubs and restaurants can reopen.

I still think that we should be following the Swedish model for dealing with the Coronavirus, the Swedish government kept all businesses open and didn't order people to stay at home for several weeks and months and trusted them to follow the rules without being subjected to excessive restrictions being imposed by their government.

It's the opposite here nearly all businesses closed except for supermarkets, banks, takeaway only restaurants, shops and newsagents that sell schoolbooks, mobile phone shops, chemists and opticians.

I did see a place that sells computers that is open, not sure why they are open unless they have a PC repair service that I don't know about, AFAIK they only sell computers.

Shoe shops should be open IMO as I would consider them essential, true I could buy shoes online but I prefer to try them on before buying and looking at a picture on a screen isn't the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackali View Post
Personally, I hope that the lockdowns continue until the majority of the population has been vaccinated. It's precisely because the virus is able to spread that gives it the opportunity to mutate into new variants. The more we can control the situation now, the less we'll have to deal with in the future.

It is our responsibility to ensure that the current vaccines can do as much as possible, and that those who are already being vaccinated don't end up at risk again because we wouldn't take the necessary steps to try to avoid that.

It seems everyone is more concerned about getting out and about and less concerned about the costs of continued vaccine development and purchasing.

If you wanted an excuse for continued lockdowns, it's common sense.

The evidence for this is simply that after the first lockdown was lifted, cases and deaths surged once more. The same happened after the second, shorter, lockdown (to a smaller degree given that the lockdown then had minimal effect). Can people really be so blind as to not see it'll happen a 3rd time? Especially given how most people have had just one dose of the vaccine, which has been shown to have a limited and timed effectiveness.
Israel has eased Covid restrictions and reopened it's economy shops have reopened to everyone while gyms and theatres are open to people who have been vaccinated and people who have recovered from the virus, museums and libraries have reopened as well.

Social distancing measures are still in force, dancing is banned at banquet halls and synagogues, mosques and churches are required to halve their normal number of worshippers.

Israel has vaccinated more than 45% of its 9 million population with the Pfizer vaccine and the UK has vaccinated more than 15 million people, Ireland has vaccinated less than 300,000 people.

The vaccination campaign in Ireland has been handled badly right from the beginning when the vaccines first arrived here a few politicians who some believe broke travel restrictions had a photo opportunity with the vaccines which where then left lying on a warehouse floor for 3 days instead of being distributed immediately, a distribution plan should have been in place before the vaccine arrived here also some builders who just happened to be at a hospital doing some emergency repairs were vaccinated so that the vaccine wouldn't go to waste while doctors and nurses in the same hospital who hadn't been vaccinated weren't given the vaccine and there has been allegations of vaccine queue jumping with various hospital CEOS being accused of having their families vaccinated ahead of doctors and nurses and one doctor has said that he refuses to vaccinate people at his GP clinic because he doesn't agree with the vaccine for some reason, he won't stop people from getting the vaccine at his GP clinic he just won't administer it, what a reckless and irresponsible attitude he should be removed from his position immediately, whatever his personal opinion is about the vaccine he shouldn't use it to justify not vaccinating people.

The slow pace of vaccination isn't helped by Ireland being subjected to EU rules and regulations and red tape which means that we have to wait in our place in the queue until the EU decides that we can have what will likely be a limited number of Coronavirus vaccines, if we had left the EU like the UK did vaccination would proceed more quickly without EU interference, the UK has vaccinated more than 15 million people because the UK has been able to buy vaccines and make its own deals for vaccines without without being unnecessarily stopped by bureaucratic EU rules and regulations and red tape.

Every other country should follow the UK'S example and leave the EU and take back control of their countries from the EU, the UK leaving the EU proves that countries can survive leaving the EU something that the EU said wasn't possible.

If anything it's the EU that can't survive without the UK and all the money that the EU used to demand from the UK in so called membership fees and the 365 million pounds that the EU demanded the UK hand over as part of a divorce deal as evidenced by Ursula Von Der Leyen's recent attempt to seize the UK'S Coronavirus vaccines for the EU because the EU took too long to make its own deal for Coronavirus vaccines which left the EU not having as many vaccines available as it would like so the EU decided to try and help itself to the UK'S Coronavirus vaccines which didn't work.

That incident left Von Der Leyen with the nickname VDL, very desperate leader.

The Irish prime minister's leaking of a possible 9 week extension to current level 5 restrictions to the Irish Mirror newspaper on Friday was an obvious attempt to gauge people's reaction to a possible 9 week extension without formally announcing it, well it backfired there is very little support for a 9 week extension and there are a few in government who are furious with the Irish prime minister for announcing a possible 9 week extension without discussing it before he made the announcement.

The current Irish prime minister is incapable of doing his job and is incapable of showing anything resembling leadership and he has very poor communication skills whenever he appears on TV he stutters and stammers his way through his pre-prepared statement, after 30 seconds people stop listening to him and when he does manage to speak without stuttering and stammering he has a droning voice like the priest in Father Ted with the boring voice, having him in charge is equivalent to Basil Fawlty running his hotel, one crisis after another and not really doing anything to try and solve whatever crisis he finds himself in.

Boris Johnson is going to announce plans to end lockdown in the UK and Israel's government has pledged that there won't be a 4th lockdown, what do we get here in Ireland no clear plan for exiting lockdown and lockdown after lockdown after lockdown with no end in sight.

The Irish prime minister frequently says that light is at the end of the tunnel and constantly uses the #holdfirm the question is when will we see that light at the end of the tunnel and no we won't hold firm anymore we've held firm long enough, he should stop using the saying light at the end of the tunnel and the #holdfirm the more he uses them the more meaningless they become like Milhouse having to say jiminy jellikers repeatedly until the words lost all meaning.

The WHO itself said that repeated lockdowns aren't the answer and are not a long-term solution for dealing with the Coronavirus.

Lockdown or no lockdown Coronavirus cases will increase either way, it's time to let people actually live again and not just exist, we're done just existing it's time to start living again.

The Irish government needs reminding that the government serves us, we don't serve the government we have the power the government does not like Lisa Simpson sang in her protest song which I have to slightly change, they have the plans but we have the power, the original word was plant but I had to change it to plans.

As I said on page 178 of this topic there is a line from Stargate SG-1S final episode where they find out that they are going to be stuck on a spaceship for 60 years that perfectly sums up how I feel about repeated lockdowns and the possible 9 week extension, it goes as follows I'm going to go crazy and I'm taking you with me.

If there are any more unwanted lockdowns and a possible 9 week extension we'll all be like Homer Simpson when he went crazy in The Shining parody I'm surprised it hasn't happened already, then again maybe it has happened for some people there is only so much being stuck indoors 24/7 that people can take before they have had enough, same goes for repeated lockdowns.

The Irish government has done more damage to people than the Coronavirus by cutting back on all hospital services that aren't being used to treat the Coronavirus, there are people that have various types of cancer which have gone untreated for nearly a year and no word when they will be able to resume treatment along with people waiting for psychiatric help and people who need help with various other issues and then there is the increase in people committing suicide during the lockdown which is something that has gone unreported since March 2020.

People have had more than enough of the doom and gloom coming from the government as evidenced by the number of deaths from the Coronavirus being reported on the news every day, they should stop sharing the number of deaths and instead report on the number of people vaccinated so far, some positive news wouldn't hurt for a change.
Old 21-02-21, 16:07   #1786
perryloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackali View Post
Personally, I hope that the lockdowns continue until the majority of the population has been vaccinated.....shown to have a limited and timed effectiveness.
The problem with lockdowns is that it forces people to be in one tight place, like a town, and they are not allowed to go further with the 7 mile limit. This encourages virus spread.

Today being sunny and calm, everyone in my town is on the shore, carparks are full of cars as if its a summer holiday, many people are on the beach. I have never seen so many people on the waterfront, all close together, it makes the 2 meter rule impossible to enforce. Its just crazy. And whats worse is all the old folk have now came out of isolation, and walking and talking with each other in groups, hugging and kissing, it was like a geriatrics holiday today, thinking they are now immune to covid having taken the first jab.

If we keep on with this path of non ending lockdowns with limited and time effectiveness vaccines, so more jabs required, it will be never ending, and that will result in one angry population that will no longer obey the rules.
perryloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-21, 14:06   #1787
DragonSlayer

looks like level 5 restrictions in Ireland are going to be extended for the next 6 weeks with a review of the restrictions to take place on April 5th.

Schools could return on a phased basis starting next Monday with similar efforts to get the childcare sector operational again other than that no significant changes.

So much for what the government said would be called the living with Coronavirus plan when nothing has changed and everything s going to be the same as it has been since level 5 restrictions were reimposed by the government, the same government that reopened the country 3 weeks before Christmas which allowed the Coronavirus variant to arrive in Ireland which led to the current restrictions and the government has yet to approve legislation that would require anyone arriving in Ireland from wherever to quarantine in a hotel for 2 weeks, they said it will be ready in a few weeks if they tried hard enough they could have it ready much more quickly especially as people are arriving in Ireland every day without having to self isolate for 14 days.

The son of a should resign immediately over his inability to show anything resembling effective leadership in dealing with the Coronavirus and the extremely slow pace at which people are being vaccinated.

He's not capable of effective leadership and making tough decisions the only thing that he knows to do is reimpose one ineffective lockdown after another and like Albert Einstein said insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

All pain no gain that's all we've gotten from being in the latest lockdown which started somewhere between December 26th and January 1st 2021.

There has been growing criticism of the ongoing yo-yo lockdowns and the government for repeatedly putting us into one ineffective lockdown after another with no clear plan for exiting lockdown, people have had more than enough of long lockdowns with no target for when the lockdown will end, if the Irish prime minister tried hard enough he could come up with a plan for getting us out of lockdown but he's incapable of doing so as he is plagued by indecision and can't think more than 5 minutes ahead let alone think ahead more than a week or a month.

There is nothing to be gained from repeated lockdowns and the more that the government dictates that we go into yet another lockdown the more that there is growing resistance to each subsequent lockdown.

What we need from the government is effective leadership which we are not getting at the moment, all we are getting is selective leaking and conflicting statements of what might happen in the months that are ahead, one guy is saying that it may be possible to have stay at home holidays while another guy is saying that it won't be possible to have stay at home holidays and so on and with the current 5km travel limit which shows no signs of being relaxed anytime soon that will severely limit the number of places where people can go.

What we would like from the current Irish prime minister is more positive upbeat messages but all we ever get every time he opens his mouth is downbeat negative doom and gloom messages and then he wonders why people don't want to listen to him.

The former Irish prime minister has made the understatement of the year saying that he knows we are getting tired of lockdown, talk about stating the obvious.

Since he knows that we are getting tired of being stuck in one lockdown after another he should lead a coup against the very ineffective Irish prime minister remove him from office, resume his old job as Irish prime minister and get this country back on track to effectively dealing with the Coronavirus which is something that we haven't been doing since the current idiot that we are stuck with took over from the previous Irish prime minister and his one and only way of dealing with the Coronavirus is to inflict one ineffective lockdown after another on the country and bury his head in the sand hoping that the Coronavirus pandemic will just magically go away.

To requote Albert Einstein insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The number of people vaccinated here is far too low and the government isn't able to speed up vaccination because of the small amounts of vaccines that we get because of whatever way that the EU has decided that the various vaccines be distributed.

Israel was last time I checked vaccinating 250,000 people per day and the UK has vaccinated more than 15 million people since leaving the EU without having EU meddling and interference get in the way of people being vaccinated.

There is nothing to be gained from being in the EU and being subjected to useless EU rules and regulations that state that EU member states are not allowed to make their own individual deals for Coronavirus vaccines and that each EU member state must wait for whatever Coronavirus vaccine scraps the EU overlords like Von Der Leyen who has been nicknamed VDL very desperate leader for her attempt to seize the UK'S Coronavirus vaccines for the EU decide to toss from their table to EU member states, the EU is running the show when it comes to deciding how many Coronavirus vaccine doses an EU member state can have.

The EU would love it if countries came to them looking for more Coronavirus vaccine doses like Oliver Twist with his bowl in his hand saying please sir I want some more.

If anyone doesn't know Von Der Leyen got the nickname VDL very desperate leader after she tried to enforce the Northern Ireland protocol in an attempt to reroute vaccines intended for the UK to the EU instead and she only did that because the EU failed to put in an early enough order for enough vaccines for the EU so she tried to help herself and attempt to steal the UK'S Coronavirus vaccine doses to make up for the EU Coronavirus vaccine shortage.

#Stopmovingthegoalposts

It's impossible to win a race if they keep moving the finish line.
Old 23-02-21, 15:42   #1788
Los Angeles
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer
It's impossible to win a race if they keep moving the finish line.
Love this.
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-21, 19:32   #1789
DragonSlayer

I just watched the Irish prime minister's address to the nation as expected there wasn't much information from him given that level 5 restrictions will remain in place for the next 6 weeks other than what was already known that there will be a phased reopening of schools starting next Monday with childcare reopening not long after, many people felt that he should have addressed the nation last Friday when it was leaked to the media by the prime minister himself about the extended level 5 restrictions, instead he went on radio silence and said nothing while undoubtedly guaging the reaction to his extended level 5 restrictions plan.

He started his address to the nation with a message of doom and gloom by saying how many people had died because of the virus.

It wouldn't have killed him to start with a more positive upbeat message instead of the doom and gloom message he chose to go with, he doesn't really do positive upbeat messages every time he's on TV it's more of the same from him nothing ever changes.

IMO he should let someone else who is capable of delivering a more positive upbeat message address the nation, it would be preferable than yet more doom and gloom messages.

He went on to say that he knows that people are fed up with the limitations imposed on them limitations that he conveniently neglected to mention that he himself imposed on people.

He claims that he knows how hard it is and that he knows the toll that it is having on people's mental health and well being and the devastation that it has brought to so many businesses and livelihoods then he repeated his often used phrase that the light is at the end of the tunnel and that the end is now truly in sight, he's said that so many times over the last several months that it's lost all meaning.

He also said that he hopes that 1.25 million vaccine doses will be given by the end of March with one million doses per month for April, May and June.

It remains to be seen if that target of 1.25 million vaccine doses is an achievable target, targets frequently mentioned by politicians are rarely ever achieved.

One restaurant owner has had more than enough of the government and its mixed messages about the reopening of businesses with one guy saying that such and such a business might be able to reopen while another guy says the opposite.

Paul Treyvaud who owns Treyvaud's restaurant in Killarney County Kerry said he will be opening his restaurant no matter what on July the 1st and he has slammed the incompetent government for its handling of the pandemic, he said if he doesn't reopen his business soon it'll be wiped out especially as the hospitality sector hasn't received any help from the government.

He said that he has no intention of losing everything that he worked for his entire life because those idiots can't close airports and ports or agree on closing borders to slow the spread of the Coronavirus, he said that he has lost all hope with the people running the show, he's not telling other businesses that have been forced to close to do the same but he did say that there is strength in numbers and that if this doesn't force the government to sort this out once and for all I don't know what will.

I agree with him while the Coronavirus has obviously disrupted people's businesses the continual mixed messages from the government about when they might be able to reopen and then saying that it'll be a lot longer before they can reopen is doing more damage to people's livelihoods than the Coronavirus.

It's time for business owners to stand up to the government and say enough is enough we've had no support from you throughout the pandemic and we are going to reopen our businesses whether you like it or not, back when the pandemic started in March 2020 the Irish government in charge at the time said that two weeks max is how long we'll have to live with the Coronavirus then we can reopen.

Fast forward a year and we're still living with the Coronavirus it has to end, people power has stopped the government from doing things before several years ago when Ireland went into recession in 2008 the government at the time tried to take medical cards from the elderly as a cost cutting measure, the elderly wouldn't let it happen and forced the government into a U-turn, the same thing happened a few years later when the government attempted to introduce water charges after installing water meters outside every house in the country, people refused to pay more money than what they were already paying for water saying why should we have to pay twice.

There was so much non-compliance with the government's attempts to charge people again for what they were paying for already that the government did another U-turn.

The water charges and the attempt by the government to force people to pay a second time for something that they were already paying for was the last straw.
Old 03-03-21, 14:38   #1790
DragonSlayer

Some here may have heard about the protest in Dublin at the weekend against Covid-19 restrictions, a protest that the Irish government has claimed was violent from the beginning and that several police officers were injured when fireworks were thrown at them.

There was no violent protest the protest was peaceful and the footage of a supposedly violent protest shown on RTE news was clearly staged by the RTE news fake news department which has been claiming a lot lately that any and all protesters are violent thugs, the only violence at the protest came not from the protesters but the police officers who mistakenly attacked some passers-by who had nothing to do with the protest, footage of the staged violent protest can't be found online anymore it was there and it was most likely removed and suppressed at the request of the government so that people wouldn't be able to back up claims of police brutality against people that had nothing to do with the protest.

The media's attempt to paint the protest and the protesters as violent is full of holes in one of Monday's newspapers they printed a picture of what they claimed were 2 protesters lighting a firework that was then thrown at the police officers, that picture of a firework supposedly being lit didn't hold up to scrutiny because in the picture in the newspaper there was no sign of a lighter, clearly someone at the newspapers fake news department forgot to edit the picture to include a lighter.

It wouldn't be the first time that Irish police officers have violently attacked protesters without provocation, years ago a group of people occupied a premises where they used to work at in protest at losing their jobs.

A few days later the police moved in to remove the protesters using heavy handed tactics backed up by SWAT and K9 teams and a police helicopter and maybe even some snipers who knows what they used when the police want to be heavy handed they get heavy handed, anyway when they moved in to remove the peaceful protestors they smashed windows and threw tear gas grenades in through the window either not knowing or not caring that some of the protesters had Asthma.

When the police entered the building they instantly and without provocation violently attacked the protesters including a woman who was 7 or 8 months pregnant, to this day it's unknown if she lost the baby or if the baby suffered irreparable damage because of the beating the mother to be received.

When did protect and serve become protect and serve the corporate interest?

I'm not surprised that people are reacting that way by protesting because they have had more than enough of Coronavirus restrictions, if the RTE fake news department was to be believed that all protesters are violent which obviously isn't true either way people will react through further planned protests because the government has kept people confined to within 5km of their homes for more than 6 months, awarded themselves pay rises of over 100,000 euro on top of what they were already being paid when the country is in the middle of a pandemic and a financial crisis with plans to build a white water rafting facility in the middle of Dublin when the money that will be wasted on the white water rafting facility would be better spent on things people need like houses, the government also refuses to offer Covid-19 tests at airports and is dragging it's heels on mandatory quarantine in hotels for 14 days and refuses to close the airport's then wonders why there is an increase in Coronavirus cases.

No doubt the government will say that the airport's must remain open to allow supposed key workers into the country, I don't think that the professional garden designers that the Irish prime minister most likely had brought into the country covertly to decorate his garden with very expensive stuff at the taxpayers expense would count as key workers.

7600 people have flown into the country most of them returning from holiday with no effort being made to test them for the Coronavirus and no effort being made to get information for the purposes of contact tracing.

In fact now that I think of it contact tracing hasn't been mentioned by the Irish government for months, the government probably put a stop to it because tracking down the thousands of people that passed through the airport's unchecked was more trouble than it was worth and because contact tracing cost too much and because the politicians needed to get the money from somewhere for the pay rises of more than 100,000 euro that they awarded themselves on top of what they were already being paid so it was decided to permanently end contact tracing and redirect the money to their own bank accounts.