www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider 25

Old Yesterday, 19:49   #601
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDSpike View Post
I don't see that applying to TR unfortunately. I'd love to of course, but the "keep the core gameplay intact" is what killed my hope it would be TR. I don't see Square risking releasing classic remakes without at least updating the controls, they know the controls are a huge setback for gamers today to go back and play the classic TR games.

Though if the controls got updated to be more accessible and the rest of the gameplay stayed intact, I guess it could still fit that description.
Old Yesterday, 20:01   #602
SnatchingEdges
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
Final Fantasy. 🤡
Manifesting FFV and VI.
Old Yesterday, 20:03   #603
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
Final Fantasy. 🤡
FF is the franchise that got the company off the ground back in the day so of course they're gonna do some more with it.

TR doesn't have the impact FF does I'm afraid.
Old Yesterday, 21:45   #604
andre_costa
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
I don't see that applying to TR unfortunately. I'd love to of course, but the "keep the core gameplay intact" is what killed my hope it would be TR. I don't see Square risking releasing classic remakes without at least updating the controls, they know the controls are a huge setback for gamers today to go back and play the classic TR games.

Though if the controls got updated to be more accessible and the rest of the gameplay stayed intact, I guess it could still fit that description.
I also don’t believe it is Tomb Raider-related... why would it be?
But if it were, keeping the core gameplay doesn’t necessarily mean keeping the same controls... it could be other things, for example, more exploration, backtracking, etc instead of gunplay
Old Yesterday, 22:00   #605
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post

Having played TRAE I can totally see them updating the controls whilst keeping the core feeling the same.

Last edited by jajay119; Yesterday at 23:37.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 23:59   #606
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Did y'all know that Nintendo once said something really nice about Lara Croft.

https://twitter.com/SmashLara/status...613140998?s=19

They put her in the same league as the biggest of franchises.
Old Today, 00:24   #607
Laralicious
Explorer

I don't know if this has been mentioned already or if the question is worthy of another thread but I'd love to know what sort of merchandise or content people would like to see from this 25th anniversary celebration. If anyone else wants to, they can make the thread too.

I'll start off:

Merchandise
I'd love a revamp or remake of old merchandise, because it has also been 25 years of TR goodies too. And I don't want just the standard T-shirts or statues or messenger bags, I want unique items, like stationery, pyjama sets or figures (I'd like to point out that I consider anything made of plastic as figures and anything made of resin is a statue). I love patches, more pin badges. I'd also love a set of TR artefacts in cube display cases. Not too big.

I don't usually like having fan stuff as merchandise however I love Jason Chester's 3D diaramas so I would happily accept those, also in clear cube display cases. Maybe just to fit in your hand, or up to 6" tall. And then you could add in your own LED lights. And some fans have made custom collector editions for some TR games, like Relic Run. Those are pretty cool.

Celebrations
I would have loved to see Meagan or Neha or any other devs play some TR. I really enjoyed the streams on Friday but I misread their original promotion and thought that the devs/ CMs were going to play. I think it would show us that they too know these games like we do, as fans.

I have said this before but I would love to have the mobile games rereleased or the Interactive games for Sky rereleased. I've really gotten into archiving as much as I can of the TR franchise, I save everything, dig into any old fansite and keep a timeline, but these are items that I cannot do anything about.

What I don't want to see is a focus on Cosplayers, not that I mean that to sound nasty but cosplay happens every day. I want unique, official celebrations. I want unseen things, development designs docs etc.

I'm also considering making a Twitter account because this seems to be the only platform that they are communicating on and I feel like I'm missing out - I'll already miss out on the Netflix anime, unless they release it physically, because I won't pay for it and I don't own a mobile phone and my tablet is years old, so I'll be missing out on the Reloaded game. I'm happy that others are enjoying the experience but the only thing I'm able to participate on is the free stuff, so the more lost and hidden treasures that Meagan can unearth, the better. The thing is, the CMs might only be able to do so much because they did a lot of reliving old renders etc for the 20th anniversary.

Anyway, enough rambling. I'm enjoying what has been offered so far, looking forward to the rest of the year. And I'm interested to read others' opinions.
Laralicious is offline   Reply With Quote