Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 18-02-18, 22:20   #11
ggctuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Simplicityy View Post
I hope for the day some publisher snatches rights from EA and makes a stellar single player campaign, or more than one, and show EA who's boss. Not focus everything on multiplayer and a terrible Star Card/MT system. I'm all for a game with a fantastic and replayable single player and addicting, well constructed and replayable multiplayer.

Glad I skipped Battlefront II.
As much as I feel DICE have done beautiful-looking, authentic work with the Battlefront license, I actually, just a little bit, kind of want them to lose it and it be given to a non-EA studio. Heck, why reinvent the wheel? LucasFilm have the rights to the source code for the original games, and they could easily assign that code to a studio to give it a ton of new features and upgrades. Then update the animations and model quality. Boom: a Battlefront that is both new and faithful.

Last edited by ggctuk; 19-02-18 at 13:23.
ggctuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-18, 00:25   #12
domino92

Honestly Dice I trust. I have 100% faith it was EA that forced a business model into the game that ruined the experience. In the end Disney didn't like the backlash that came from that.

This could be a lesson for EA, but I don't think they'll learn anything from it.
domino92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-18, 19:16   #13
sierra xb

I've been playing SW games for a while, but really got into them recently with Battlefront (xbox one). Out of all of the SW games I have played, this one makes me feel more like I am actually IN the Star Wars universe than any of the others. I agree, it does have some issues (but what games doesn't), but right now I am really enjoying it. I am not usually a fan of shooters, and rarely play anything on MP, but lately, I have been on this one at least a few hours every day.

I am also looking into getting Battlefront 2. For those of you that have played both, how would you compare the two of them in terms of features, especially MP?

I am curious to know what other SW games people in here have played. This is what I have in my collection at the moment...

Ep. 1: Jedi Power Battles (PS1)
Ep. 3: ROTS (PS2)
Battlefront II (PS2 version)
The Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels (Wii)
LEGO SW: TSC (360, Wii)
LEGO SWIII: The Clone Wars (360)
The Force Unleashed (PS2, 360, Wii)
The Force Unleashed 2 (360)
Battlefront (xbox one)
sierra xb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-18, 20:32   #14
ggctuk

Battlefront II has a much better single player component (Team Deathmatch, and Space TDM, both with custom options), though the large maps aren't available offline yet. Granted it had a rocky start with the progression being tied to the loot crate system, but it's starting to improve (a new progression system and cosmetics-only lootboxes). The online isn't too bad either.

As for other games I've played, I've played Lego Star Wars TFA, which is pretty good if not a bit dragged out. I've played Episode I The Phantom Menace, which to be honest is a poor man's Tomb Raider in Star Wars. Jedi Power Battles was definitely better.
Old 19-05-18, 13:53   #15
jackali
Golden

Highly recommend the KotOR games if you want to feel like you're in the Star Wars universe.

The Jedi Knight games are definitely worth a look too.
jackali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-18, 15:35   #16
SrDanielPonces

am i the only one who loves the phantom menace game
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-18, 17:20   #17
HD Simplicityy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
The one on GameBoy Advance waayyyy back then? I played it. One of the first, or the first, Nintendo game I played. I know...depressing. Might have been the first video game I'd played too. I honestly don't remember if I played games in the 1990s.
HD Simplicityy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-18, 17:37   #18
irishhips

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
Like this one?

irishhips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-18, 18:15   #19
ggctuk

There were two games based on The Phantom Menace. I'm wondering if he means this one:

Old 19-05-18, 18:56   #20
Mani_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggctuk View Post
There were two games based on The Phantom Menace. I'm wondering if he means this one:

I honestly loved this one to death.
I dont really know what it was but i really really liked it.

I must say in general that i like a lot of the star wars game that might not be for everybody.
The Pod Racer one, the fighting game, the obi-wan game etc.

Had a blast with my brother while playing the Revenge of the Sith game together.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote