Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Underworld

Old 07-03-14, 21:51   #1
mrox2

Default Tomb Raider Underworld (Beta and Cut Content + Costumes List, Etc ...)

First of all I know there was a thread dedicated to this > All things that were taken out from TRU

Didn't want to bump it though so I created this thread, and here is a little discovery, a full list of the costumes that are and were to appear on TRU PC and possibly PS3/360 ?

Quote:
lara_placeholder (Most likely for testing)
lara_metrics_test2 (same as above)
lara_metrics_test (same as above)
lara_untextured (same as above)
dlc_doppel_costume_d (unreleased?)
dlc_doppel_costume_c (unreleased?)
dlc_doppel_costume_b (unreleased?)
dlc_doppel_costume_a (unreleased?)
dlc_costume_p (unreleased?)
dlc_costume_o (unreleased?)
dlc_costume_n (unreleased?)
dlc_costume_m (unreleased?)
dlc_costume_l (unreleased?)
dlc_costume_k (unreleased?)
dlc_costume_j (unreleased?)
dlc_costume_i (unreleased?)
dlc_costume_h (unreleased?)
dlc_costume_g (unreleased?)
dlc_costume_f (unreleased?)
dlc_costume_e (unreleased?)
dlc_costume_d (unreleased?)
dlc_costume_c (unreleased?)
dlc_costume_b (unreleased?)
dlc_costume_a (unreleased?)
lara_wetsuit_cold
lara_wetsuit_warm
lara_snow_light
lara_snow_heavy
lara_mom_thrall (Strange, how Lara's mom is considered as a costume, when I looked close to her face in PS3, I noticed she looks like a slighter older version of TRU Lara anyway )
lara_jungle_heavy
lara_jungle_b
lara_jungle_a
lara_doppelganger
lara_casual
lara_bikini
lara
And mind you I only found that in the demo version and most data is not there, but you can see that most of the DLC Costumes were originally going to be released for PC and possibly other platforms but some of them were made exclusive to the 360 and the rest was not made/unreleased ?

The 360 only got 12 costumes, but 16 DLC costumes are listed here, very interesting !
do you guys think it's worth it to examine the final version and see if any of these can be used ? (of course the DLC Costumes wouldn't be there)

Last edited by mrox2; 08-03-14 at 08:06.
mrox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-14, 03:24   #2
Peterstar101

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrox2 View Post
First of all I know there was a thread dedicated to this > All things that were taken out from TRU

Didn't want to bump it though so I created this thread, and here is a little discovery, a full list of the costumes that are and were to appear on TRU PC and possibly PS3/360 ?

And mind you I only found that in the demo version and most data is not there, but you can see that most of the DLC Costumes were originally going to be released for PC and possibly other platforms but some of them were made exclusive to the 360 and the rest was not made/unreleased ?

The 360 only got 12 costumes, but 16 DLC costumes are listed here, very interesting !
do you guys think it's worth it to examine the final version and see if any of these can be used ?
I wouldn't think any of the deleted DLC would be usable considering none of the costumes are locked on disc. But interesting find never the less, you could look and at the least maybe find a untextured unfinished model but I wouldn't expect to find a fully textured model.

(Good call on not bumping that old thread It's been dormant for 6 years and I don't think the mods would appreciate it.)

Last edited by Peterstar101; 08-03-14 at 03:25.
Peterstar101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-14, 03:49   #3
H4RR7H

Don't mistake it as a full list of costumes.

They're not necessarily unreleased costumes. They're just placeholders, created I assume because Crystal had no idea how many costumes they were going to do when the game went gold.

I extracted the 360 DLC costumes from some of those slots for Dusan's XNALara release.
H4RR7H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-14, 04:15   #4
Gh0stBlade

I'm pretty sure all those costumes were or are "existent". The Xbox 360 got the majority of the "dlc_costume_*" set but there are actually some missing. I'm more than certain they had the costumes made, just didn't release them. Even the "dlc_doppel_costume_*" costume sets are no where within the DLC files. It's likely there's just an unreleased costume pack.

On the plus side, these names only mean they had costumes in these slots, but the names are useless without the actual data.

Another interesting one is the "unused dlc", Golden Shotgun:

Either way, I have been playing with Underworld myself lately. I can swap textures and all like I swapped the dlc_costume_o textures onto lara_jungle_a:

Click

But..... when it comes to swapping singular mesh files... The game just won't have any of it. Until I can find a way of swapping individual meshes without the game freezing, I won't be porting the DLC costumes. IF I figure out how to switch a single mesh, I can 100% guarantee you I can port the DLC costumes from Xbox to PC
Gh0stBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-14, 04:39   #5
Peterstar101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stBlade View Post
I'm pretty sure all those costumes were or are "existent". The Xbox 360 got the majority of the "dlc_costume_*" set but there are actually some missing. I'm more than certain they had the costumes made, just didn't release them. Even the "dlc_doppel_costume_*" costume sets are no where within the DLC files. It's likely there's just an unreleased costume pack.

On the plus side, these names only mean they had costumes in these slots, but the names are useless without the actual data.

Another interesting one is the "unused dlc", Golden Shotgun:

http://i.imgur.com/aKTJIjH.png
It looks like the Anniversary shotgun.

Last edited by Peterstar101; 13-09-15 at 23:48. Reason: Golden Shotgun image converted to link.
Old 08-03-14, 05:00   #6
Gh0stBlade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterstar101 View Post
Gh0stblade, How can you tell it's unused DLC. It looks like Anniversary leftovers or a placeholder to me, is there a line of code that mentions this gun?
I can tell it's unused DLC because it has "DLC" in the name of the gun "wp_dlc_gold_shotgun". It's definitely not a placeholder, that wouldn't make sense at all. Can't be an Anniversary leftover since the gun is nothing like Anniversary's golden shotgun. It is included in the Beneath The Ashes pack.

I have not checked the Xbox executable for any gun name references though it is most likely there.
Gh0stBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-14, 05:10   #7
Peterstar101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stBlade View Post
I can tell it's unused DLC because it has "DLC" in the name of the gun "wp_dlc_gold_shotgun". It's definitely not a placeholder, that wouldn't make sense at all. Can't be an Anniversary leftover since the gun is nothing like Anniversary's golden shotgun. It is included in the Beneath The Ashes pack.

I have not checked the Xbox executable for any gun name references though it is most likely there.
Ahh... okay Thank you for confirmation. Wonder what happened to it then.
Old 08-03-14, 07:48   #8
mrox2

@Gh0stblade, many thanks for coming in and explaining it, I did have the exact same thoughts, the files of course wouldn't be found but we can tell there were extra outfits that were not released, as well as the possibility of them being released on other platforms, the Doppel bit is very interesting since she has no alternate costume.

Also, very nice to see a golden shotgun for TRU, it's among my favorites in TRA, but uh instead of being untouchables, Crystal decided to make all extras as paid "DLC" and most ended up being 360 Exclusives and the rest is "unreleased"

Last edited by mrox2; 08-03-14 at 09:21.
Old 08-03-14, 18:54   #9
VictorXD

Uuuh, interesting I'm keeping a close eye on this thread!

@Gh0stBlade: what more then you tell us about that shotgun? How did you come by it, could it replace the normal shotgun in the game? Are there more maybe?
VictorXD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-14, 19:09   #10
mrox2

I would say that Golden Shotgun would've had the Shiny gold effect too in game, wonder how would it look like with light maps on, probably shiny gold