www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 21-10-19, 03:55   #18041
Lyle Croft
Relic Hunter

whatever tf they did to Shadow Lara's hair and face...i'de like to see it in game for Shadow. Mop hair looks somewhat better. ugh.
Shadow Lara actually looks like a Lara Croft here.

Old 21-10-19, 10:25   #18042
XXIIXX
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle Croft View Post
whatever tf they did to Shadow Lara's hair and face...i'de like to see it in game for Shadow. Mop hair looks somewhat better. ugh.
Shadow Lara actually looks like a Lara Croft here.

This is so sweet!

Kinda reminds me of that one 2013 render where that Lara also looked like an actual Lara too

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/00/f6...0d91e47057.jpg

Last edited by XXIIXX; 21-10-19 at 10:27.
XXIIXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-19, 11:29   #18043
Lyle Croft
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXIIXX View Post
This is so sweet!

Kinda reminds me of that one 2013 render where that Lara also looked like an actual Lara too

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/00/f6...0d91e47057.jpg
ONE OF MY fave renders. Hair is atrocitÚs but her body, and face make up for it.
Old 21-10-19, 11:39   #18044
XXIIXX
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle Croft View Post
ONE OF MY fave renders. Hair is atrocitÚs but her body, and face make up for it.
I seriously don't know what the hell she's been doing with her hair for the past six years.

Is it too go with the "I work at a bar and live in an apartment instead of Croft Manor" aesthetic?

If so... Disgusting.
Old 21-10-19, 19:53   #18045
ryan91

The original Jungle always intrigues me very much. I can't believe no one remade this on TRLE, but a new TR2 remake comes like every other week. If I see another TR2 remake, i'm finna cut a bitch.
ryan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-19, 20:06   #18046
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

So yesterday I was watching The Dark Knight with my boyfriend then proceeded to watch Suicide Squad and I kept thinking... Heath Ledger's Joker is what CD was trying to do with Reboot Lara but we ended up getting Jared Leto's.

Both HL's Joker and RLara were aiming for a more realistic, mature and modern version of the character, but only one of them actually succeeded.
Old 21-10-19, 20:28   #18047
biscuits
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
So yesterday I was watching The Dark Knight with my boyfriend then proceeded to watch Suicide Squad and I kept thinking... Heath Ledger's Joker is what CD was trying to do with Reboot Lara but we ended up getting Jared Leto's.

Both HL's Joker and RLara were aiming for a more realistic, mature and modern version of the character, but only one of them actually succeeded.
Honestly if you take out Rise and Shadow and pretend they never existed, the reboot would be an incredible take on the origins of Lara Croft IMO.
It's turned into a coping mechanism for me, where I just pretend that Rise and Shadow are non-canon pieces of fanfiction
Old 21-10-19, 20:42   #18048
TrustyBow
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post

LOL! Interesting analogy but no way is Reboot Lara as bad as Jared Leto's Joker

I'd probably compare her to Henry Cavill's Superman. A character that wasn't necessarily bad, but just came across as boring and melodramatic.
Old 21-10-19, 21:07   #18049
scion05
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan91 View Post

The original Jungle always intrigues me very much. I can't believe no one remade this on TRLE, but a new TR2 remake comes like every other week. If I see another TR2 remake, i'm finna cut a bitch.
Lmao, I highly recommend trying Reggie's Create a Classic level when they're released
Old 21-10-19, 21:10   #18050
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
Honestly if you take out Rise and Shadow and pretend they never existed, the reboot would be an incredible take on the origins of Lara Croft IMO.
It's turned into a coping mechanism for me, where I just pretend that Rise and Shadow are non-canon pieces of fanfiction
Indeed, it's a huge shame. I'll never get over the wasted potential after 2013.

Lara during the last quarter of the game is the only time I feel like they achieved what they were trying to do with the character.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
LOL! Interesting analogy but no way is Reboot Lara as bad as Jared Leto's Joker

I'd probably compare her to Henry Cavill's Superman. A character that wasn't necessarily bad, but just came across as boring and melodramatic.
I dunno, I think superman is the most boring and vanilla character that ever existed anyway so I can neither agree nor disagree

But yeah, while I feel like RLara is not a bad character on her own, I think she falls flat when you consider the one she replaced. Instead of updating and making her less over the top, they just removed 70% of her personality and called it a day.