Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 18-11-18, 22:22   #1511
Dustie

The whole Suite's execution makes it feel like a film score I think...
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-18, 23:52   #1512
Teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnay View Post
Surely you didn’t watch the ending of jungle didn’t you
Of course I did. What I mean is it never plays during gameplay. It only plays during that one cutscene, the audio of which I am unable to edit as the music, voice clips, and sound effects are all played from the same audio file.

It's worth noting that every other song from the cutscenes is present in-game and Tony (the Loon) can be heard in full without voices or sounds within the cdaudio.wad. That's why I thought it might be triggered somewhere in-game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.gluch View Post
Is there a reason the TRS opens with Temple of Xian? Seems like an odd choice for the first song on the album.
This was the first song they played on the night. Probably simply because it's an amazingly dramatic build-up to the rest of the Suite.

Last edited by Teeth; 18-11-18 at 23:54.
Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-18, 15:33   #1513
Legends

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.gluch View Post
Is there a reason the TRS opens with Temple of Xian? Seems like an odd choice for the first song on the album.
I wondered about that too. Seems oddly misplaced. Maybe they just really liked that song and wanted to open the album with it.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-18, 08:29   #1514
jhons0529

While I love the album I'm honestly sad with the missing tracks, there's too many for me to smile in fulfilment I mean at least.

Although the most disappointing thing for me has to be the production, its well made but its not like the ones he posted on Soundcloud which is what I had thought was the end goal, those versions are amazing and what I had been expecting it was also much more true.

What I don't get is what are the Soundcloud ones then? Were they just scrapped or is that part of his planned remaster versions for the future?
I get the feeling though he wont actually revisit and remaster the originals which is a pity.

I'm just going to carry on listening to the soundcloud versions really, they're much better. I feel a tad lied to.
Vertigo and She's Cool on the album just doesn't compare at all to what he had uploaded before.

Unless he's cut off variant tracks on the album till physical releases from December?

I don't know but I'm a little disappointed. On the bright side the Jungle track despite being different is fantastic and Skidoo while also not having the same violent beat is a fun take on it, definitely the highlights in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendanlovesu1 View Post
Okay so I asked Nathan if the original soundtracks would be released and his reply was "yes it will be a separate release, coming further down the line."

Good to know it hasn't been forgotten about
He had better or I'll cry. I somehow don't have faith.

Last edited by jhons0529; 22-11-18 at 08:32.
jhons0529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-18, 16:24   #1515
Putai

The only problem with the remaster tracks being made later and on a separate release, is that we'll have to pay apart for them. I was hoping they would be included in TR Suite, but the stretch goal he requested for that wasn't hit.
Also, I miss terribly No Waiting Around, too. It's, imho, the best and most epic track of TR3.

PS: The Temple of Xian track makes sense in the first place if you think the whole album as a real classic suite. It works as the "overture". Just saying.

Last edited by Putai; 22-11-18 at 16:25.
Putai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-18, 12:16   #1516
Brendanlovesu1

^ in regards to the stretch goals, there doesn't seem to be a specific amount of money that would indicate a stretch goal, just that if the project raised more than the basic amount needed, which of course it did.

"If we are fortunate enough to exceed our initial target, we plan to put the additional funding back into the project. There are a number of things we would like to do if this happens:

Increase the size of the Choir for the recording at Abbey Road
Increase the size of the Brass Section for the recording at Abbey Road
Increase the size of the Woodwind Section for the recording at Abbey Road
Record and release the synthesizer only version of The Tomb Raider Suite
Remaster and release the original, unchanged game soundtracks for Tomb Raider I, II and III
Film and release a TV / DVD documentary about the making of The Tomb Raider Suite

So we still have to get the original soundtracks, the synth version of the TR Suite and the TV documentary

------------

They're going to Melbourne, Australia in 2019 with more dates to be announced later

https://musicfeeds.com.au/news/tomb-...ustralia-2019/
Brendanlovesu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-18, 05:16   #1517
Error96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendanlovesu1 View Post
So we still have to get the original soundtracks, the synth version of the TR Suite and the TV documentary
In a recent interview Nathan said there were intention to do the remaster, Synth TR Suite and documentary. He suggested that work on the documentary would be first. He has also hinted at more Australia and European concerts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhons0529 View Post
What I don't get is what are the Soundcloud ones then? Were they just scrapped or is that part of his planned remaster versions for the future?
I get the feeling though he wont actually revisit and remaster the originals which is a pity.
What is it you think sounds better in the soundcloud? More like the originals perhaps or more definition? I think the idea is the soundcloud ones will be part of the synth version of TRS and then the remasters as a separate thing. I kind of wish these 2 would come earlier over documentary. I think we will get them but may be a way off in future.
Error96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-18, 08:29   #1518
ggctuk

Weren't the SoundCloud tracks 'demo' tracks?
ggctuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-18, 13:02   #1519
jhons0529

Quote:
Originally Posted by Error96 View Post
What is it you think sounds better in the soundcloud? More like the originals perhaps or more definition? I think the idea is the soundcloud ones will be part of the synth version of TRS and then the remasters as a separate thing. I kind of wish these 2 would come earlier over documentary. I think we will get them but may be a way off in future.
Both to be honest, the sound cloud versions have more definition and whilst also staying far more true to the classic tracks. I hate to say it but the best example is actually "Vertigo".
The Soundcloud version is fantastic and also very true while still deviating a little whereas the version that was actually released on the suite If I had to be honest is one of the tracks that I'd say ruins it completely.
The suite is very nice but Vertigo is definitely one of the examples of the suite version being far worse.
"She's cool" isn't bad on the suite but it looses more definition vs the soundcloud version which I'd have to say is yet again better.

By definition though I mean things missing or just being done badly for the track.

Yeah I'm hoping we get the synth and remaster versions too. I don't mind the documentary but at the moment I just care for the synth versions and remasters, they'll surely be the best in my opinion. I am truly hoping the ones heard in soundcloud are the synth versions because they sound very good in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggctuk View Post
Weren't the SoundCloud tracks 'demo' tracks?
They make the completed ones look like demo's.
I do hope not, I really want the soundcloud ones to return, they're what I expected mostly and they sound so good. I'll be sad if they're simply just going to be demos and never returned to.

Guess though I'll just be anticipating the synth variants and remasters.
jhons0529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-18, 18:42   #1520
Heartache

i honestly cant wait for the remasters. they are the only reason i pledged.
Heartache is offline   Reply With Quote