www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 07-06-20, 04:32   #1
McCheaterson
Hobbyist

Exclamation The Hardest TR2 Challenge You Will Ever Do

Enjoy trying this challenge, and yes, it is possible.

To do this challenge:

Load up and start playing the level Venice.
Leave the boat that you get at the start at the bottom of the Boat Lock. (DO NOT take this boat up the lock and into the next section).
Do the level but stop when you get up to the timed boat run at the end.
You are NOT allowed to swim under the door and not active the timer.

You must complete the timed run with only one boat, and must swim underneath the mines to the levels end.

The timed run route you take:
Press the button that activates the timer once you leave the boat house.
Take your boat out of the boat house (starting the timer and the chimes) and take it up that ramp shortcut in front of you (where the jade dragon is located)
Go through that thin alley where you should have already lifted up the two gates that would otherwise block your path.
Turn right and head straight for the mines.
Hop out of the boat right before hitting the mines so that the boat will make them explode.
Swim to the end and through the doors.
The doors will close just as you get infront of them and ONLY if you have done the run flawlessly will they push you through and allow you to complete the level.

Boy is it frustrating getting so close over and over again. Don’t believe me, try it yourself

Last edited by McCheaterson; 07-06-20 at 13:24.
McCheaterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-20, 06:58   #2
Woops
Archaeologist

2nd try

Last edited by Woops; 07-06-20 at 07:00.
Woops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-20, 09:14   #3
McCheaterson
Hobbyist

Very impressive. So how many tries did it take you really? Just kidding. Great job, and I hope you did find it challenging. You must have gotten lucky.

Last edited by McCheaterson; 07-06-20 at 09:24.
Old 07-06-20, 09:55   #4
McCheaterson
Hobbyist

You are a Pc player right? I play on console and I found it nearly impossible. Please tell me you play on Pc. Please donít make me feel like I am just bad
Old 07-06-20, 10:23   #5
Mek
Student

Interesting challenge, but an easy one It seems a real challenge would be to take the longer route and finish the level. However, after watching the video that Woops posted, I doubt it is possible if you are to destroy the mines with the boat during the run. So the challenge would be to sneak between the mines not destroying them and reach the gate as it was described in thread A disagreement between Father and Son.
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-20, 12:27   #6
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCheaterson View Post
You are a Pc player right? I play on console and I found it nearly impossible. Please tell me you play on Pc. Please donít make me feel like I am just bad
woops is a speedrunner, so I'm not impressed he did this so easy
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-20, 13:11   #7
laravision
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCheaterson View Post
THIS IS THE HARDEST CHALLENGE IN TR2. And boy is it frustrating getting so close over and over again. Donít believe me, try it yourself
You can't be serious? Sure, the timing is tight, but it certainly isn't as difficult as you describe.

Here is my attempt:

It seems that you are in the dark regarding Tomb Raider challenges or even gaming challenges in general. People have accomplished far greater feats and discovered things way beyond the scope of this timed run.
Old 07-06-20, 13:22   #8
McCheaterson
Hobbyist

I just want to say that I do regard myself as a pretty good tomb raider player, I am a lot better on the puzzle side of things compared to the action. I used to think I was ok, and after giving this challenge many attempts myself, I was convinced this would be pretty challenging. Alas, my mind has been changed for me. You guys are the real pros, and I respect you even more now. I would like to recommend this challenge for anyone that is just a causal player. This is because it is difficult, but not impossible and you feel like you should be able to get it. Thanks everyone for showing me the way. You have earnt my respect, and put me in my rightful place. Thank You, and I am sorry if I have offended anyone by saying that this challenge was really hard. I know now and in the future will not make stupid comments like this anymore.