www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 06-08-22, 00:18   #11411
.snake.
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS View Post
Yall's ability to twist positives into negatives is really astonishing.

Just tell them why you like Lara this is literally all they're asking. It's probably just for social media engagement but still. Or don't, it's your life.
I get your point, but I think at the same time people are just sick of the "Everything is valid" argument being used lately - for all things, not just Tomb Raider.

It's like everyone getting a participation trophy.
.snake. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-22, 00:18   #11412
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:

Just tell them why you like Lara this is literally all they're asking. It's probably just for social media engagement but still. Or don't, it's your life.
It's not really positive if studio is lacking standards. There are right and wrong answers when it comes to answering who Lara Croft is.

Lance once talked about forced positivity and they are 100% right about it. The fakeness in this forced positivity isn't doing anyone any good tbh. It's just proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that CD do not intend to adhere to the standards that have established this franchise for more then 25 years.

Edit

Gordon Ramsey would not be happy with a restaurant lacking standards and claiming all cooks of meat are valid, even raw pink chicken and overcooked rubbery stake.

Last edited by charmedangelin; 06-08-22 at 00:20.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-22, 00:37   #11413
LNSNHGTDS
Tomb Raider

Realistically yes, there are right and wrong answers, you can't say you like Lara for her flowing blonde hair and psychic abilities, for example, but the supposed idea to unify the timelines is to incorporate both Classic and Survivor features in a (hopefully) cohesive manner so they just wanna double down on that idea. That's how I'm interpreting the tweet at least.

Maybe if the weird rumours weren't flying around it would work better but still, I think that if there's a time to reinstate why a preferred iteration of Lara is favoured by people it's a good time to say so.

Saying that one likes Lara for refusing to live up to society's expectations of her and doing her own thing while another likes her for her ability to keep on moving forward no matter how many adversities come her way are not contradicting qualities for example.
Old 06-08-22, 00:45   #11414
Error96
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
The Instagram page has openly asked the public who Lara is to them, which is hope is them humbling themselves and truly opening their minds to the idea of actually getting her character right. (But probably not.)
Sounds like the leaks are true and from the reaction, they figured out they totally mucked up. They are now trying to salvage something with some feedback.
Old 06-08-22, 00:47   #11415
Rai

Quote:

It's exhausting. CD / TR socials don't interact, they're in the wrong. They do, it's wrong. They're asking for people's views on Lara and what she means to them, not for a definitive description of the character. And of course all views are valid, they're opinions. It's become apparent over the years that Lara means different things to different people. And as you say in your 2nd post (I've just seen it), people admire different aspects of her character.

Last edited by Rai; 06-08-22 at 00:50.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-22, 00:49   #11416
tlr online
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
The Instagram page has openly asked the public who Lara is to them, which is hope is them humbling themselves and truly opening their minds to the idea of actually getting her character right. (But probably not.)
The first step is admitting you need help. Proud of you @tombraider.
tlr online is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-22, 00:52   #11417
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlr online View Post
The first step is admitting you need help. Proud of you @tombraider.
Old 06-08-22, 05:26   #11418
Soma Holiday
Relic Hunter

Pretty hilarious that on Instagram people are actually answering the question with thoughtful responses but on Twitter people are just spamming "gay" and "lesbian." I just don't understand why so many people make sexually the only thing about a person that makes them special to them. It's really sad they need to hijack every character to make them feel seen. All they are doing is making people hate them.

That's why I hate how so many companies pander to Twitter when it's literally a club for woke people even though only like 2 percent of the population even uses it. I hope they read the Instagram responses some of them are really special.
Soma Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-22, 05:40   #11419
.snake.
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soma Holiday View Post
Pretty hilarious that on Instagram people are actually answering the question with thoughtful responses but on Twitter people are just spamming "gay" and "lesbian." I just don't understand why so many people make sexually the only thing about a person that makes them special to them. It's really sad they need to hijack every character to make them feel seen. All they are doing is making people hate them.

That's why I hate how so many companies pander to Twitter when it's literally a club for woke people even though only like 2 percent of the population even uses it. I hope they read the Instagram responses some of them are really special.
Personally, I can't stand what I've seen from some of the bigger name TR "influencers" on social media, trying to lecture everyone by saying "Well I've been biting my tongue all week" and "I really didn't expect this much homophobia from everyone" and "It's nice to see some people's true colors come out."

Considering over 90% of the fanbase seems to be vehemently against the information in this leak, and that same fanbase seems to be over 90% gay, perpetually using the witch-hunt attack of "Well, you're just a homophobe" is entire invalid now. News flash: gay men and women don't have to support the idea of Lara becoming a lesbian or this being a central part of the story.
.snake. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-22, 06:00   #11420
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by .snake. View Post
Personally, I can't stand what I've seen from some of the bigger name TR "influencers" on social media, trying to lecture everyone by saying "Well I've been biting my tongue all week" and "I really didn't expect this much homophobia from everyone" and "It's nice to see some people's true colors come out."

Considering over 90% of the fanbase seems to be vehemently against the information in this leak, and that same fanbase seems to be over 90% gay, perpetually using the witch-hunt attack of "Well, you're just a homophobe" is entire invalid now. News flash: gay men and women don't have to support the idea of Lara becoming a lesbian or this being a central part of the story.
Exactly, people saying is homophobic to not want a gay Lara are completely delusional and are doing injustice to actual instances of homophobia. Lara was never established to be gay. Second the gayness is only coming about because CD seems to want to check all the struggling minority boxes. We got the gay, the POC, and the woman all rolled up into an epic **** show that nobody wants to see or deal with.

Has absolutely nothing to do with being homophobic. I've seen these kinds of tweets too lately. Honestly I don't care anymore, I'm not going to sit quietly while CD continues to butcher TR and make.a complete mockery of minority groups who have real struggles besides needing a fictional character to be lesbian or some walking talking stereotype.