Melonie Tomb Raider
Golden

Ok maybe they're more normal than I thought. xD
Melonie Tomb Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-19, 16:02   #2482
LuckyEdge10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish View Post
Dark Souls 3 and The Witcher 3, two fantastic games, had Definitive Editions on the same consoles they were originally released for.
Well, they were not really Definitive Editions but just Game of the Year Editions. It didn't improve graphics or something, they just included all DLCs in that version.
LuckyEdge10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-19, 16:08   #2483
Yuna´s Wish

^ Definitive doesn't necessarily mean "graphically improved", though (or that's what I strongly believe, at least)

GotY, Definitive, Enhanced...they can be whatever the developer/publisher wants them to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonie Tomb Raider View Post
Ok maybe they're more normal than I thought. xD
Yup! And DS3, particularly, also serves as an example for the whole "Definitive Edition is pointless when there already is a Croft Edition" matter.

DS3 also launched with a Deluxe Edition (similar to Croft Edition) and it still got a Fire Fades Edition (all DLC content on disc - what I assume will be Shadow's Definitive Edition's luck) when everything was already out. These editions compile everything released on a disc, updates included (well, there might be one or two patches, tops).

Last edited by Yuna´s Wish; 16-07-19 at 16:14.
Yuna´s Wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-19, 18:17   #2484
tomee

"definitive edition" could also be just a working title and the name of the re release might end up being something different.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-19, 18:38   #2485
DOPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyEdge10 View Post
Well, they were not really Definitive Editions but just Game of the Year Editions. It didn't improve graphics or something, they just included all DLCs in that version.
Yeah but a definite edition doesn't mean it's an upgraded version of an already released game as it's just another term for Complete Edition/GOTY Edition and whatever; don't let the fact that TR2013 port for XONE and PS4 was named that way confuse you.

Last edited by DOPE; 16-07-19 at 18:39.
DOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-19, 19:03   #2486
SpyrosMonster

But the only difference would be that all the DLC would be on the actual disc instead of needing to download them.
Is that reason enough to re-release a game?
SpyrosMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-19, 19:06   #2487
MissJodieG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster View Post
But the only difference would be that all the DLC would be on the actual disc instead of needing to download them.
Is that reason enough to re-release a game?
Plus DLC8 and maybe more, I dunno.

Most often those editions are also cheaper than buying every DLC or the Season Pass separately.
MissJodieG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-19, 19:27   #2488
SpyrosMonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJodieG View Post
Plus DLC8 and maybe more, I dunno.

Most often those editions are also cheaper than buying every DLC or the Season Pass separately.
DLC8 is probably going to be part of the croft edition/season pass though.
Nothing else is announced yet and even if a new mode is announced, it's not really enough to justify a re-release.

The cheaper stuff makes sense to be honest but I just don't see enough reasons for a physical re-release of SOTTR.
SpyrosMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-19, 19:39   #2489
MissJodieG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster View Post
DLC8 is probably going to be part of the croft edition/season pass though.
Nothing else is announced yet and even if a new mode is announced, it's not really enough to justify a re-release.

The cheaper stuff makes sense to be honest but I just don't see enough reasons for a physical re-release of SOTTR.
You’re right, nothing is announced so we don‘t know if it‘s part of the season pass or not.

Most AAA-games get a „game of the year“ edition and it‘s most often just the base game with every DLC released on disc. It‘s nothing special tbh.
MissJodieG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-19, 19:41   #2490
Yuna´s Wish

Some people have slow internet connections.

Should they ever uninstall the game, they'd have to redownload everything again at who knows what speed. Shadows has a huge amount of Gb of patches and DLC, so they'd spend quite some time doing it.

And it'd be wonderful for those here who keep "threatening" to "uninstall this piece of crap that keeps occupying precious space that I could use for other games but I'm stupidly waiting for DLC8 to come SOON!". They could uninstall and reinstall the whole thing in a heartbeat
Yuna´s Wish is offline   Reply With Quote