Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 20-08-19, 17:23   #11
charmedangelin

ThE teChNolOGy isNt rEadY

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
Yes, BlackWidow remembers Lara's outift in London on TR3
Girl be snatching stuff that don't belong to her.

What's next, the braid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldt View Post
Lara isn't a Marvel property
She should be, marvel girls always get what they want

Last edited by charmedangelin; 20-08-19 at 17:25.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-19, 17:31   #12
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
Gameplay as in the shooting of the Duals? Because that's all it would be... instead of shooting one gun, Lara holds two and fires both. It's really not that much different yet makes a huge difference to the character.
Again, I can't really tell what it is that it is making them feel so off putting to me. But it really makes them feel really off putting to me.

Because I agree, the reboot games (or at least RotTR and SotTR, since there was a story build up towards the duals in TR2013) should have just make a different animation for Lara wielding one or two pistols at the time, perhaps diminishing accuracy and increased reload rates, while also increasing damage and fire rate (when compared to one pistol).
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-19, 17:32   #13
Grimaldi

It looks really good. Wish they’d committed to doing this first with Lara.
Grimaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-19, 17:34   #14
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimaldi View Post
It looks really good. Wish they’d committed to doing this first with Lara.
Whose Lara? Honestly feels like Reboot was just a beta test for Marvel. The engine is the same, the jumps are the same, it's like they took out the best parts of gameplay in order to hand it over to their Golden child.

The greedyness of them, they done reboot Lara dirty. Reboot fans should be angry.
Old 20-08-19, 17:38   #15
Portugalraider

Quite honestly, all three reboot games look like better games than this, so no, I'm not mad for the reboot games.

Quite honestly, I am more disappointed for this and future CD games: the leap between TRU and TR2013 was quite big, even if they were in the same generation of consoles. I was expecting a similar leap in technology for The Avengers, which apparently didn't come.
Old 20-08-19, 17:40   #16
VictorXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Again, I can't really tell what it is that it is making them feel so off putting to me. But it really makes them feel really off putting to me.

Because I agree, the reboot games (or at least RotTR and SotTR, since there was a story build up towards the duals in TR2013) should have just make a different animation for Lara wielding one or two pistols at the time, perhaps diminishing accuracy and increased reload rates, while also increasing damage and fire rate (when compared to one pistol).
Could it be the animation?? She keeps them close together and her arms are a bit bend, maybe that's what is bothering you?

All I know is that for me, Black Widow's combat is 100% what I wanted for the reboot (at least for Shadow or Rise to show her progress as a character). Optional melee combat, skilled and cool but not over the top acrobatics, moving around a lot, etc. Even her dodge animations are exactly what I wanted for reboot Lara as a fully grown character.
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-19, 17:49   #17
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
Could it be the animation?? She keeps them close together and her arms are a bit bend, maybe that's what is bothering you?

All I know is that for me, Black Widow's combat is 100% what I wanted for the reboot (at least for Shadow or Rise to show her progress as a character). Optional melee combat, skilled and cool but not over the top acrobatics, moving around a lot, etc. Even her dodge animations are exactly what I wanted for reboot Lara as a fully grown character.
It might be part of it, but it isn't just that. There is something in the actual gameplay as well, like something important is missing there. I don't know what is it, I just know that between this and what we already have, I prefer what we have.

Of course I want duals back, mind, and even if not acrobatic, a much more "active evasion" Lara. Just not how it is being done in The Avengers.
Old 21-08-19, 00:58   #18
Gemma Darkmoon

'Crystal gives twin pistols to Black Widow in Avengers but not to Lara?' … not yet at least.

The technology isn't ready excuse is gone. I think probably the next game has duals perhaps with a tie in to second movie. Now everyone has seen BW wielding them patience in the fandom is running low and casual fans are seeing a CD character wielding duals. It's going to come up as a big negative in the feedback the devs get on the next TR game if it isn't already sorted by then.
Gemma Darkmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-19, 01:10   #19
SoraSakai
Inactive

When did they even say the technology isn’t ready? Is there any sources for that?
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-19, 01:18   #20
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
When did they even say the technology isn’t ready? Is there any sources for that?
Former employee of CD had beef for some reason was gonna spill some tea, but didn't. They wrote on twitter however that CD told them regarding the duals that the technology wasn't ready.