Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 03-05-15, 19:18   #14011
FreakRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
No I don't think so.. you can also use Meta's own format fine with TRLE
DXF is an option too obviously..

Anyone know a better way of texturing a complex object - coz the old method of doing every polygon looks horrible!

Made an object with a lot of triangles (to make up rectangles etc)
but obviously this looks bad.
I found a tutorial with a snake head and tried to do this (fake UV mapping)
but when I click the little arrows in Strpix, nothing highlights.. so I cannot do it.

I really don't want to mess around with Meta just for texturing 1 object
I think I once read about a solution for something like this on the forums, but since I have no clue where that was and when (and because I am very noobie at strpix or texturing in meta) I can't help you, sorry
FreakRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-15, 19:22   #14012
dcw123

There are 2 or 3 different methods yeah.. 2 of them seem like too much work (since I have several objects to texture, this would take too much texture space and would put strain on NGLE)

Tried to use an older method, but StrPix isn't responding when I get to the final steps (clicking all those little black arrows on the left of the screen to change textures apparently)

EDIT: Did the best I could editing textures using the old TRLE original method - which looks kinda crude now, but most objects on the net are made this way... I think StrPix makes everything look worse than it is LOL

EDIT 2: Ran into another strange problem. I made some new WADs saved using StrPix (importing models and textures)

However, when I try to load these in WADmerger, nothing shows up! So I have fully textures objects that I cannot access..
Should I export them to MQO and import them back into another WAD? That way I can keep the textures intact

Last edited by dcw123; 03-05-15 at 23:20.
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-15, 07:59   #14013
sapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourierNumber6 View Post
Would I need to purchase a program like MetaSequoia to change the axis of an object and save it as a new object in my WAD? I'd like to have some flipped static objects for reflections in the floors, and the only program I've come across to let me do that is Meta, but I need to purchase the full version to export the file into .dxf format. I don't have $45 to spend just yet, just to flip an object.
If you want .dxf export, download the version 3 LE Metasequoia which is free.

In StrPix you can mirror any mesh using Edit>Mirror Mesh. Use XZ to flip for floor.

Quote:
EDIT 2: Ran into another strange problem. I made some new WADs saved using StrPix (importing models and textures)

However, when I try to load these in WADmerger, nothing shows up! So I have fully textures objects that I cannot access..
The meshes are only available in Wadmerger's Mesh Editor if you used Edit>Add empty mesh in StrPix.

Last edited by sapper; 04-05-15 at 08:02.
sapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-15, 08:59   #14014
dcw123

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper View Post
If you want .dxf export, download the version 3 LE Metasequoia which is free.

In StrPix you can mirror any mesh using Edit>Mirror Mesh. Use XZ to flip for floor.

The meshes are only available in Wadmerger's Mesh Editor if you used Edit>Add empty mesh in StrPix.
I didn't.
I loaded a WAD that I downloaded (I use other objects as a guide to size in TRLE)
I exported a model, edited and reimported, changed some textures and saved the WAD with a new name..

Yet when I load WADmerger and click Load, the folder is empty.
Seems WADmerger loads WAS files, yet I only have WAD files from STRPix
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-15, 09:11   #14015
Titak

^
Exactly. Strpix does not save all wadfiles like WADMerger does.
So edit the objects in the wad, make a copy of the original files, and save the wad without renaming. Then it can be opened with WADMerger with the edited objects visible.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-15, 15:26   #14016
Piega

I have a question about the object limit. In the editor you can place 1048 or something but i recall not placing enemies and stuff beyong the old limit because they are not kept in the savegames. Is this still so or can we just use those 1048 slots without savegame issues?
Piega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-15, 15:29   #14017
Titak

Good question. No idea...
I still do it that way just to be on the safe side though.

What I do when I start a new level, is to place numerous animatings in a seperate room. When I want to add a new enemy I delete one of these objects and then place the enemy so it gets the ID number of the deleted object.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-15, 15:36   #14018
tomb2player

In my old level I crossed the 256/256 limit for sure. And as far as I remember everything was ok.
tomb2player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-15, 16:28   #14019
DJ Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piega View Post
I have a question about the object limit. In the editor you can place 1048
Now it's 6000

Quote:
i recall not placing enemies and stuff beyong the old limit because they are not kept in the savegames
I think I could fight 24 knights in the same moment, all visible. I think they won't disappear at reload as well.

Also, there have been some TRNG bugfixes, e.g. for locusts so they don't disappear at save/load, or for spikes to be survivable by slowly walking through them. These properties are mostly applicable to new script commands of Enemy= and Customize= , and everything is explained in the Reference panel of NG_Center

Last edited by DJ Full; 04-05-15 at 16:29.
DJ Full is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-15, 18:23   #14020
Piega

Well I guess everything should work then I just continue if it does not work well I just stop the whole thing
Piega is offline   Reply With Quote