Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 29-06-19, 21:02   #781
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girafarig32 View Post
^ That's a good thing. Every time I replay AoD, I find something new.
Same here honestly.

I keep finding pick-ups that I forgot about when I comb the stages.

There's something about it that makes it highly replayable for me.
Of course, the new fixes/graphics Nakamachi's EXE multi-patcher adds with each update increases that.

I really wish Core got another chance, AOD clearly with a little more love could have provided the best TR game engine.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-19, 21:12   #782
Tomb Raidering

I have a weird experience to write down. Start Bouchard’s Hideout (be it by playing the campaign normally or with TRAODSCU) and talk with Bouchard then exit to the church. While in the ghetto ‘fly’ through Francine’s password door and enter Francine’s apartment to start St. Aicard’s Graveyard again then ‘swim/fly’ through the mausoleum to enter Bouchard’s Hideout again. Start the cutscene with Bouchard again. He will kill her without even talking!!! I found this accidently by fooling around AOD. I don’t know if it’s the passports being in Lara’s inventory doing this......

Last edited by Tomb Raidering; 02-09-19 at 21:01.
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-19, 14:20   #783
Tomb Raidering

I think it’s okay to bump this thread and double post because it’s been nearly one month and I have things to add...
_________

If you take Francine’s sports watch and bypass Bouchard’s cutscene by flying around the room towards the hideout’s exit (with AoD SCU), you can go to Rennes’ Shop in the Ghetto to sell the watch. This proves that Core left that sports watch in Francine’s flat for something... I think the reason to be able to sell the watch (and Rennes not being dead) is Bouchard’s passports not being in the inventory.....
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-19, 15:51   #784
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
I think it’s okay to bump this thread and double post because it’s been nearly one month and I have things to add...
_________

If you take Francine’s sports watch and bypass Bouchard’s cutscene by flying around the room towards the hideout’s exit (with AoD SCU), you can go to Rennes’ Shop in the Ghetto to sell the watch. This proves that Core left that sports watch in Francine’s flat for something... I think the reason to be able to sell the watch (and Rennes not being dead) is Bouchard’s passports not being in the inventory.....
Since buying items was originally a thing, I presume there would have been a sort of smaller non-plot relevant shop of some kind in Prague.
Old 12-10-19, 22:22   #785
Samz

The Brother Obscura fight has one of the shotgun ammo pick ups become 2 pick-ups (you get 12 reloads instead of 6) and respawn if you run out of ammo for everything, however this will not spawn if you picked up the Viper Ammo in the Hall of Seasons since it will still count as ammo the game thinks you can use. This was tested on PC I don't know about PS2. EDIT: I think maybe the dual pistols might have done it in hindsight, if you have both Dual Vectors and the Regular Vector, the game will list Dual Vector ammo as "?" if you try to look at Dual Vector ammo in the inventory.

Submachine guns in AOD actually have less lock-on range than handguns, this can best be seen by the Cleaner fight at the very end of Von Croy's Apartment, you have to get very close to hit him with the SMG while you can fire away at him safe from the explosives with the Rigg 09.

Last edited by Samz; 23-10-19 at 07:59.
Old 17-10-19, 12:31   #786
Ruu11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamichi680 View Post
Have you ever wondered what beta training area in Parisian Back Streets looks like?

As you may know, this area had many objects that were removed when the game went gold.
Geometry was lost but luckily collisions survived. I enjoy thinking about these objects like Dark matter: we know they're there (well, they were), we have an indirect sign of their presence but we cant's see them because collisions are invisible...

... until today

After struggling for days I've succeded in reverse engineering the collision files so now we can see levels in a completely different way.

This is how the beta training area used to be:

Found a little evidence of the invisible wall in this screenshot:

crying :__

(EDIT- i'm starting to see a balcony with ripped curtain instead of just a wall thing???)

Last edited by Ruu11; 17-10-19 at 12:35.
Ruu11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-19, 14:12   #787
Caesum

For me it looks like a green plate aluminium/tin wall, the one which is used rather extensively on buildings in the next level.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-19, 03:51   #788
Girafarig32

^^^ very neat! I can see the curtains now that you mention it.

So something minuscule I noticed in the cutscenes with Kurtis ambushing Lara is that there's dub-techno like music that plays faintly in the background as soon as Lara turns around to look at Kurtis, and then again just before Lara makes a run for the door before being shot at.

Also more commonly known, when Kurtis cuts down the giant gong with the churgai, the sound is the same as the crossbow in TR4.

Last edited by Girafarig32; 23-10-19 at 03:58.
Girafarig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-19, 06:07   #789
JoelCaesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girafarig32 View Post
Also more commonly known, when Kurtis cuts down the giant gong with the churgai, the sound is the same as the crossbow in TR4.
Excuse me what.
How did I not realise this?
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-19, 07:45   #790
Girafarig32

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelCaesar View Post
Excuse me what.
How did I not realise this?

This wall where the plant is growing is climbable, but only from the top down.
Girafarig32 is offline   Reply With Quote