Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 29-05-20, 12:42   #29901
suli
Inactive

I noticed whenever I watch a walkthrough of Rise or Shadow on YT, players almost always choose the tribal/armored outfits. a small part of me dies.
suli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-20, 13:02   #29902
TombRaiderLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by suli View Post
I noticed whenever I watch a walkthrough of Rise or Shadow on YT, players almost always choose the tribal/armored outfits. a small part of me dies.
The thing that bothers me most with walkthroughs of Shadow is that folks almost always avoid hard exploration difficulty. Those white ledges hurt my eyeballs.
TombRaiderLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-20, 13:13   #29903
suli
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombRaiderLover View Post
The thing that bothers me most with walkthroughs of Shadow is that folks almost always avoid hard exploration difficulty. Those white ledges hurt my eyeballs.
I KNOWWWW!!! the other day a youtube channel that does amazing TR reviews (the game statistics) was doing a stream of him playing Shadow for research for the review and he had the white paint on. so I commented that I won't accept or watch his review if he didn't turn that white paint off.

also the over spamming of survival instinct..they would just enter a room and immediately use survival instinct to know what to do. It's truly tragic.
Old 29-05-20, 15:31   #29904
tomblover

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
People, aside from most here, actually like the tribal outfits. Just like in Rise, many people actually preferred the armor outfits. It’s just their preference I guess.
To be honest, I don't even think it's a preference thing - people just think these outfits are cool and unusual additions, meanwhile, many fans are still hung-up on various aspects of Lara's appearance which they think are lacking, so to them, it's a much bigger deal.

Like, I know for me if it wasn't so important for Lara to look as much like herself as she can - the Sacra Umbra outfit in Rise is awesome, I'd wear it everywhere.

Last edited by tomblover; 29-05-20 at 15:33.
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-20, 20:22   #29905
ANoDE
Golden

Quote:
I KNOWWWW!!! the other day a youtube channel that does amazing TR reviews (the game statistics) was doing a stream of him playing Shadow for research for the review and he had the white paint on. so I commented that I won't accept or watch his review if he didn't turn that white paint off.

also the over spamming of survival instinct..they would just enter a room and immediately use survival instinct to know what to do. It's truly tragic.
One would think, that with all these options the game would actually be challenging puzzle-wise on higher difficulties. (Not counting Deadly obsession here, since to me this mode is mainly frustrating and not challenging).
ANoDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-20, 07:21   #29906
lance6439

wow just wow

Shadow is such a great game once you rush the entire story and do the side missions and quests after Lara saves the world. This is almost as good as AOD. I cannot believe it!

lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-20, 08:07   #29907
suli
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
wow just wow

Shadow is such a great game once you rush the entire story and do the side missions and quests after Lara saves the world. This is almost as good as AOD. I cannot believe it!

[youtube]9nvILQqc6wI[/youtube
hashtag we been knew
Old 31-05-20, 11:36   #29908
Athukraz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
wow just wow

You literally have to mess up the games story and the timeline of the events to find enjoyment in it
Athukraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-20, 11:43   #29909
suli
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
You literally have to mess up the games story and the timeline of the events to find enjoyment in it
my gurl lance was talking about optional stuff..how is not doing optional side missions messing up the timeline and story?

is quarantine messing up y'alls brains?
Old 31-05-20, 12:06   #29910
LNSNHGTDS

Quote:
my gurl lance was talking about optional stuff..how is not doing optional side missions messing up the timeline and story?

is quarantine messing up y'alls brains?
Ι think they mean how Rourke and Amaru are still alive in some of the DLC.

But I don't think that contradicts the story because the game specifically tells you that you are returned to the point just before the final battle with Amaru so both of them are still alive at that point. (I've only played the first four DLC at the time of posting this so I don't know about the rest yet)
LNSNHGTDS is offline   Reply With Quote