Originally Posted by tomee View Post
This will literally never happen.
Not with crystal dynamic's mentality.
klona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-19, 23:37   #32
tomee

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaraCablara View Post
Why couldn't reboot Lara go on one off adventure?
Reboot Lara especially won't go on these adventures, she lives in a whole different universe. The most I can envision is a GoL/ToO type of reimagining for TR2, but most definitely not a fully fledged remake. I don't understand how fans can think the developers/publishers could go on a journey to remake several classic games in a row, which would take several years, almost a decade to complete, instead of just developing new stories.

Also people hate, HATE, HATE TRA for modifying both the story and the design of TR1 instead of being a carbon copy. Why would a remake of TR2 or TR3 would be any different?

Quote:
Originally Posted by klona View Post
Not with crystal dynamic's mentality.
I'm sure CD plays heavily into this conversation, but the fact that the franchise is alive and successful right now alone negates any urge for remakes. Square would rather invest into new titles, which are the large cash grabs, as opposed to remakes.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-19, 00:06   #33
krycekuva

TRA had many isues, but to categorically hate it? i think you are wrong. I for one rather play TRA over TRL or TRU any day now.

the story is much more polished than TR1 (though not perfect)

the voice acting is considerably superior to any other voice acting before and after (keeley and grey delisle)

the controls, laras designs and animations are better than TRL and TRU...

considering how much they have learned in the reboot, i dont doubt level design, which was a mayor issue in TRLAU will be adressed accordingly and make as good or better as all other TR this far.
krycekuva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-19, 00:21   #34
tomee

Don't look at me, I actually prefer TRA to the original, but I am in a very tiny minority in this. The overwhelming majority of fans view TRA as some spawn of evil that has no right to exist.

Having said that, I really don't see the appeal of remaking classic TR's. Not now at least. It's like... What's the point? The magic of the original would sure be lost, the graphics, while prettier, would look 90% greyer, the story would be littered with retcons and I'm sure so many other things would be revamped. It just makes no sense to me. Developing their current timeline instead is more desirable to me and I'm sure they have no intentions making more remakes. Keep the remakes for when the franchise is dead.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-19, 00:31   #35
charmedangelin

TRA is the best among LAU, I don't get the massive hate myself. I even love the model and her clothes and I love the top being the cotton top. If people weren't such sobs about TRA we would have had TRA2 by now.

Although I do hate the swimming in that game and how simple some of the puzzles are.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-19, 00:40   #36
krycekuva

i sort of agree with that you say. but then i dont.

any remake they would choose to go for will undoubtedly look good, judging by shadows design and presentation.

retconing the classics is by default the only way to make them work. every worthy remake ever done, has to improve upon the original. otherwise its a remastering or a different port of the same game, movie, book etc.

and no... the magic wouldnt be lost. if you love TRX you stick to it, regardless of whatever comes afterwards. TRX isnt suddenly being burnt out of existence.

that being said... if theres a remake in the air, i would rather have a TRAOD or a complete new story. TR2 just doesnt cut it with the novelty enough for me to crave it. the setting is just still too fresh. its probably from the classic the one that felt the least inspired... venice is rather boring, the underwater levels arent exotic, the off shore rig is redundant, the mountains, etc...

basically while i disagree with most thing you just said, the result is very much the same. i would rather have instead an original story..

or a remake of TRAOD... but otherwise, an original story

Last edited by krycekuva; 21-09-19 at 00:41.
krycekuva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-19, 00:51   #37
lance6439

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
Don't look at me, I actually prefer TRA to the original, but I am in a very tiny minority in this. The overwhelming majority of fans view TRA as some spawn of evil that has no right to exist.

Having said that, I really don't see the appeal of remaking classic TR's. Not now at least. It's like... What's the point? The magic of the original would sure be lost, the graphics, while prettier, would look 90% greyer, the story would be littered with retcons and I'm sure so many other things would be revamped. It just makes no sense to me. Developing their current timeline instead is more desirable to me and I'm sure they have no intentions making more remakes. Keep the remakes for when the franchise is dead.
That's because TRA is nothing like the original. Not even Lara. It's straight up garbage and deserves the hate it gets.
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-19, 01:08   #38
Melonie Tomb Raider
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
That's because TRA is nothing like the original. Not even Lara. It's straight up garbage and deserves the hate it gets.
I mean, yeah I agree when comparing to the source as it's supposed to be for sure

It's super fun when I disconnect it as something entirely different with a different main character, but when comparing it to the original it falls sooooo short.
Melonie Tomb Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-19, 05:21   #39
SoraSakai
Inactive

TRA is way better than the original.
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-19, 05:43   #40
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
TRA is way better than the original.
This..........

Fleshed out story and voice over...
Replayability... (Chapter Select, Outfits, Cheats)
Thought-out secret system
A better Croft Manor
Epic music

A shame it didn’t sold well...
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote