Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 08-04-19, 20:37   #1
Robwood

Default Shadow: What you may not have known!

I thought it would be fun to list off a few facts about the game that maybe only a small percentage of the populous knows about. I can only come up with two, though, so I'm relying on you to help make the list grow!

1. You can kill an empress jaguar with just the ax.
2. Unuratu's corpse is fully rendered in game and remains there during your entire stay in the court yard after visiting the emperor's tomb.

EDIT TO ADD: Only genuine entries are permitted. Derogatory entries will be handled in kind.

Last edited by Robwood; 08-04-19 at 20:54.
Robwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-19, 20:48   #2
Athukraz

Use the mud in San Juan and Lara will never say all full up again until you exit and reenter the game.

Yaaxils respawn in Tree of Life tomb
Athukraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-19, 20:58   #3
isanvel

probably everyone knows this but
if you use the mud you can see lara's hair down
isanvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-19, 21:05   #4
Robwood

Lara can stand on lit camp fires and not be injured.
Old 08-04-19, 21:08   #5
xspacedude

When you arrive in paititi and decide to not follow Unuratu and Etzli you can see them arriving in the market if you wait there.
xspacedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-19, 22:24   #6
Noatak

Oh well... I'm pretty sure I was the only one who didn't realize that I could just jump over every single rope (in front of a trap) instead of cutting it.

And even that made me die several times

Image removed. Please use an approved host.

Last edited by Admles; 14-05-19 at 10:10.
Noatak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-19, 23:03   #7
iWANEX
Golden

- When Lara talks, you can actually see her moving her mouth accordingly.

- When you get to San Juan, instead of going with Abby, just stay with Jonah and you'll get to see how he gets the Stations of the Cross pamphlet.

- If you stay with Jonah and Abby after you meet her, they talk about him being single, Abby being a pilot and wanting to travel more, football and rugby, and tattoos.

- There are (at least) 2 instances in the game where Jonah was actually right about their research and Lara acts dismissive. One when he tells her through the radio that he's talking tattoos with Uchu and Unuratu's might be linked to the Silver Box. She says: "I don't think so". The other one is when he tells her he found a pamphlet. She laughs and says "Who knows? Maybe it'll help..."
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-19, 23:08   #8
OrangeJuice

quite a few of the tight spaces lara crawls through that we thought were there to cover up loading times are actually just decorative. if you roll fast enough towards them and manage to avoid a collision between them and lara you'll be able to skip them and nothing will change, the area on the other side of it is loaded just fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWANEX View Post
- When you get to San Juan, instead of going with Abby, just stay with Jonah and you'll get to see how he gets the Stations of the Cross pamphlet.
this is such a nice detail
OrangeJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-19, 23:16   #9
xspacedude

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWANEX View Post
- When Lara talks, you can actually see her moving her mouth accordingly.

- If you stay with Jonah and Abby after you meet her, they talk about him being single, Abby being a pilot and wanting to travel more, football and rugby, and tattoos.

- There are (at least) 2 instances in the game where Jonah was actually right about their research and Lara acts dismissive. One when he tells her through the radio that he's talking tattoos with Uchu and Unuratu's might be linked to the Silver Box. She says: "I don't think so". The other one is when he tells her he found a pamphlet. She laughs and says "Who knows? Maybe it'll help..."
I love when they’re talking after the crash and she asks him if he would rather be in a bar flirting with some girl and then... we know what happens
xspacedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-19, 23:30   #10
Robwood

When visiting the evacuated village in Zipacna's Craving (The Great Caiman) and Lara gets close enough to the dust to start coughing, her mouth doesn't move.