Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Chronicles

Old 02-07-19, 11:09   #21
Maverin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
As far as including the TR1, 2 and 3 expansions, I'm not so keen on that idea. This is partly because I like how the Chronicles "stories" are very episodic and all take place in one location per level, while those expansions don't. If we're doing remasters or even remakes, I like the idea more of those segments being unlockable hidden mini campaigns for each of their respective games, where you unlock them by say finding all secrets in the main campaign or something. I like the idea of giving Lara new outfits for them though, instead of just recycling ones from the main campaigns.
I really like this idea. That would be one one the most rewarding bonus ever for finding all the secrets and would definitely stimulate the player to look for them.
Maverin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-19, 23:37   #22
Yeauxleaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
Regardless...

I feel like the out of order gameplay reflects on how people sit down and share memories and they aren't always brought up in order (actually hardly ever are), so I would be fine with having it kept the way it is now. But plot holes should definitely be fixed.
Yeah I don't mind the disjointed non-chronological format of Chronicles either. I think it worked. I would only understand making them chronological if you're carrying over equipment between each one, as that would get Teen Lara's weaponless bit out the way first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverin View Post
I really like this idea. That would be one one the most rewarding bonus ever for finding all the secrets and would definitely stimulate the player to look for them.
Yeah exactly. The thing about secrets in the originals is that, outside of extra ammo pick-ups in each individually, there wasn't really a reward for getting them all. It didn't matter if you missed some if you were a skilled player, and there weren't trophies back then.

TR3's secrets do already unlock All Hallows. In a TR3 remaster though, tbh I'd just refine that level and put it in the main campaign between Thames Wharf and Aldwych, then unlock Lost Artefact by finding all secrets instead.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-19, 10:00   #23
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

I was happy with TR Chronicles and liked the separate stories all tied into the narrative of Lara's assumed death, and it was a good continuation from TR4, as we did not know if Lara Croft was dead by the tomb cave-in, and TRC continued with her friends believing her dead.

Even players were wondering would there be another TR game after this one

The only downside of Chronicles that players mention is the short levels, but all are very playable, and still have enjoyment playing them again and again.

As for a remake, well I just like it, as it is. Its a classic
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-19, 21:56   #24
JsotoTRSaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
pierre and larson's scenes should be expanded

that's the tea
Oh yes! they should add a homoerotic scene between them set in the fountains of Rome while they're at it.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-19, 23:27   #25
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga View Post
Oh yes! they should add a homoerotic scene between them set in the fountains of Rome while they're at it.
Do they have a scene similar to when Lara/Kurtis hold each other up in AOD?
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-19, 03:21   #26
LateRaider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga View Post
agreed. they need to kiss as well btw. oh and they should lose their shirts, possibly have a scene like when teen lara stops in the middle of undressing for bed (but not as creepy because it's two adult men instead of being a teenage girl)

hi
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-19, 17:23   #27
Sardoc

To be fair, Pierre did invite Larson for a milkshake.
Sardoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-19, 18:50   #28
Zsott

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
the sinking submarine (something like the sinking ship in TRU) and the whole VCI section, reimagined ...I'd love to see that!
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-19, 03:25   #29
LateRaider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardoc View Post
To be fair, Pierre did invite Larson for a milkshake.
they be havin milkshakes all night... thats one of the reasons lara beat them, they had tummy aches for days. too much sugar
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-19, 23:13   #30
TombRaiderTim

It is just the whole fact Larson and Pierre had plot holes due to dying or at least Pierre did, Larson could have survived the serpents attack but the fact Pierre fell down a death pit and we heard his bones shatter, pretty much confirmed he died (unless he somehow crawled out of the past timeline back to the present) but it cannot be before or after TR1 as he is shot to death along with Larson on that game.

So it seems Larson and Pierre are just incredibly lucky with near death experiences but they attempted to attack Lara in TR1 which is pretty much a death wish in itself so it would have made sense to have two total new characters for Rome but TRC was rushed and unexpected.

Last edited by TombRaiderTim; 07-07-19 at 23:16.
TombRaiderTim is offline   Reply With Quote