Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Last Revelation

Old 03-08-05, 06:32   #1
BoyTRaider

Red face

I loved this game...but it I had to use a walkthrough once....Shame on me!
BoyTRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-05, 12:07   #2
Thorir

I never used walkthroughs for any TR game, except the city levels in TR4...
Those were hard! Dark and spooky!

But this game is huge, so I don't think there is any shame in using a guide. Better to use a guide, than be stuck and never play it anymore.

And I think I used a guide for that robot-bug thing at the end of TR5.
Thorir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-05, 12:26   #3
ELEN
Golden

Arrow

I haven't used a walkthrough for the games. When I played them, I didn't have internet connection, so I didn't even know about the walkthroughs. I remember that it took me some time in order to figure out the puzzle in Tomb of Seth.

Thorir made a good point. In TRC I encountered a bug in the last level. I didn't know it was a bug, so I gave up playing for about a week. When I started again, I loaded a previous saved game because I thought I had forgotten something. And because I knew what I had to do, I didn't save at all. I was just going, until I reached the bugged point. When I saw that I could continue, I was wondering what was the different thing I did the second time.

So, sometimes it's not bad if you use a walkthrough. It can save you from many hours of frustration...
ELEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-05, 12:34   #4
MikeJM

TR4 was the only game I needed a walkthrough for. It's such a big game, and there are some really tough levels in there.
I know most of the games pretty much off-by-heart, except this one.
MikeJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-05, 12:40   #5
LaRaMaster

TR4 completing without walkthrough ...

For me its impossible

Surely in those frustrating Cairo levels !
LaRaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-05, 15:48   #6
Blue Harvest
Inactive

Quote:
Originally posted by ELEN:
it took me some time in order to figure out the puzzle in Tomb of Seth.

I got very stuck in the room with the pool of fire under it but was chuffed to bits when I figured it out for myself!

I used a walkthrough in a magazine but only for the Cairo levels (I cannot imagine playing those without a walkthrough!)

A friend of mine used the Core Design Telephone Helpline....it cost him over £80 for all the calls he made!

What a muppet!
Blue Harvest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-05, 16:32   #7
ben croft

For the first time I played TR4, I had to use the walkthrough. But at the second time I played it without any cheats and walkthrough. It's difficult, but never impossible.

I only use cheats to have fun. When I'm playing a TR game for the first time, I don't use any kind of cheats. They're useful only when I have completed the game, and want to replay it and use some weapons I wouldn't have in the first level.
ben croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-05, 16:36   #8
newdude9386
Inactive

Talking

i always use cheats to first see the story but it kinda ruins the game but TR4 is so hard to skip the level because of the facing north thing but i use that trick about hanging from a block some guy or girl (don't know) made a level after she got trapped here's the link http://www.aspidetr.com/search.asp?T...otipo=liv_nome (many level's, enjoy those too but please check what i posted in trle under new player about the CLI suite (don't have all the fun with out me)
newdude9386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-05, 22:15   #9
Camera Obscura

Tr 1 is the only game without walkthrough.
Tr 2 just in the levels with non-human enemies.
Tr 3 my uncle gave me the game including a walkthrough from Prima.
Tr 5 Got stuck in second level with the big head. lol and used Walk. for rest of game.

Tr4 is the only game I DIDN'T use one. I see how most people used them, but I didn't, not even in the cairo levels, but it took half a year to pass it.
Camera Obscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-05, 10:38   #10
Anise

I never needed any walkthroughs. Took me 30 hours to complete the game the first time. TR 4 is my most favorite of all the TR games.
Anise is offline   Reply With Quote