Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 25-01-21, 10:27   #20341
sebsen

Question

So, I am not sure if this is the correct thread for my question, but anyway:

I am trying to incorporate Krystian's Monkey to Overhanging Ladder move in my level (https://www.trsearch.org/item/4790), but I've run into several issues. The first one is that while it does work when I use a similar setup to Krystian's example video, Lara does not smoothly transition, the edge forces her either to the left or the right, the animation only works when she is completely still at the edge of the monkeyswing.

The second issue I'm facing is that I have several stacked rooms and I want Lara to be able to climb into an opening - unfortunately she does not want to use the animation, no matter what.

Here's a screen so that my issue can be more easily understood:

There's a monkeyswing leading to the ladder in room 2, and I'm not sure if this is something that I have setup incorrectly or if it is just not possible. If its the latter, I'll just have to think of doing something else.

Edit: Just wanted to add that I use the script entries provided in the download

Last edited by sebsen; 25-01-21 at 10:36.
sebsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-21, 12:23   #20342
laras

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlr online View Post
They work for me. What message are you getting?

No message, when I click on the zip file link, the window opens and immediately closes.

EDIT I tried right clicking on the link, it said that file is not safe to download. I disabled my antivirus and now it works... Seems like the problem was on my side.

Last edited by laras; 25-01-21 at 12:25.
laras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-21, 12:29   #20343
Krystian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebsen View Post
So, I am not sure if this is the correct thread for my question, but anyway:

I am trying to incorporate Krystian's Monkey to Overhanging Ladder move in my level (https://www.trsearch.org/item/4790), but I've run into several issues. The first one is that while it does work when I use a similar setup to Krystian's example video, Lara does not smoothly transition, the edge forces her either to the left or the right, the animation only works when she is completely still at the edge of the monkeyswing.

The second issue I'm facing is that I have several stacked rooms and I want Lara to be able to climb into an opening - unfortunately she does not want to use the animation, no matter what.

There's a monkeyswing leading to the ladder in room 2, and I'm not sure if this is something that I have setup incorrectly or if it is just not possible. If its the latter, I'll just have to think of doing something else.

Edit: Just wanted to add that I use the script entries provided in the download
Hi!
I can see that in your setup, the monkey is in a different room (Room 1) than the ladder (Room 2). This might be the cause of your problems.

From my testing, the animation still worked properly if there was at least a 1 click high headspace for the ladder, and after that the portal to the next room, i.e. something like this:

So you need at least this 1 click "headspace" before going into the next room, that may fix your problems.
Also, be sure that floor below the square with the ladder is flat or at the very least has a simple slope, not a triangulated one or a triangular floor step, as this also breaks the move, as I've been told by several people.

Many TRNG scripts are quite buggy, especially ones for animations, and they can cause unpredictable behavior in some circumstances. I wish this could be fixable, but I'm afraid there isn't much I can do

Last edited by Krystian; 25-01-21 at 13:26.
Krystian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-21, 12:43   #20344
sebsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystian View Post
Hi!
I can see that in your setup, the monkey is in a different room (Room 1) than the ladder (Room 2). This might be the cause of your problems.

From my testing, the animation still worked properly if there was at least a 1 click high headspace for the ladder, and after that the portal to the next room, i.e. something like this:

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/L6NCLFl.png[IMG]

So you need at least this 1 click "headspace" before going into the next room, that may fix your problems.
Also, be sure that floor below the square with the ladder is flat or at the very least has a simple slope, not a triangulated one or a triangular floor step, as this also breaks the move, as I've been told by several people.

Many TRNG scripts are quite buggy, especially ones for animations, and they can cause unpredictable behavior in some circumstances. I wish this could be fixable, but I'm afraid there isn't much I can do
I see, thank you, I'll give that a try! I recreated my room setup as shown above, and interestingly it did work (although not flawlessly, Lara still stopped). I'll report once I've tried your setup.

EDIT: Okay, I've changed both the actual area and the test setup - only the test setup worked flawlessly, guess I'll have to redo the rooms or use the test setup. Thank you Krystian!

Last edited by sebsen; 25-01-21 at 12:48. Reason: test outcome added
sebsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-21, 14:31   #20345
Richard_trle

is there any sample which sounds like a pulsating heart?
Richard_trle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-21, 19:19   #20346
croftyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_trle View Post
is there any sample which sounds like a pulsating heart?
TR1 Atlantis ambience?

https://youtu.be/e2L2WapUBW8
croftyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-21, 06:26   #20347
Richard_trle

Thank you!

By the way, I have a problem, when Lara gets shot, a water sound is being played, I tried to find it, but it seems hardcoded, can anyone help me with that?

/edit

I have found it, it seems that the UNDERWATER_DOOR is activated whenever Lara is hit by a projectile

Last edited by Richard_trle; 26-01-21 at 06:34.
Richard_trle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-21, 20:16   #20348
A_De

Question Need some help

My friend on another community has problems with some TRLE games, i.e. Himalayan Mysteries. He says that the game crashes when he starts shooting. Here is the crash report file, but I'm not sure if that helps. May be this is related with OS somehow? He said that two years ago he was able to play HM game without problems. Any idea why that crash could happen?
A_De is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-21, 07:39   #20349
Joey79100

He can try adding the tomb4 executable to the DEP (Data Execution Prevention) exceptions list of Windows, this usually fixes these "random" crashes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_trle View Post
I have found it, it seems that the UNDERWATER_DOOR is activated whenever Lara is hit by a projectile
Before TR3, this sound ID was a sound for Lara being hit by bullets. In TR4 they replaced it with the underwater door sound, but forgot to remove the code that called this sound ID when she gets hit.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-21, 10:00   #20350
Mordyga

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...59&postcount=5

Can't download anything from this post
@Titak

NVM, fixed it.

Last edited by Mordyga; 29-01-21 at 10:07.
Mordyga is offline   Reply With Quote