Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 18-01-22, 12:37   #19181
Tonyrobinson

When I look back on that initial tweet from Misha I get very excited. It seemed like there were definite hints in there regarding the story. I know for sure she put some very obvious things into her tweet about Black canary which line up with the comics so perhaps there really is more to it.

The undead/zombie emoji excites me so does the duals and the dinosaur. I also wonder if the Easter Island reference was a big hint to something maybe we are getting a Polynesian adventure.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-22, 13:19   #19182
Ellioft

https://twitter.com/GeekVibesNation/...25504795447296

Was told the wheels might finally be starting to turn on the #TombRaider sequel with pre-production possibly starting up soon
Was also told Drew Pearce (Iron Man 3, Hobbs & Shaw) was consulted to “punch the script up a bit more”

Some news
Ellioft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-22, 13:29   #19183
Tonyrobinson

I have a hard time believing this to be honest. I would like it to be true but I don't trust the fact its only ever this website reporting on stuff.

Also is it in bad taste that Misha as director was asked presumably by MGM to "punch up the script" with a different writer?

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 18-01-22 at 13:55.
Old 18-01-22, 14:00   #19184
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
I have a hard time believing this to be honest. I would like it to be true but I don't trust the fact its only ever this website reporting on stuff.

Also is it in bad taste that Misha as director was asked presumably by MGM to "punch up the script" with a different writer?
Well maybe because they are interested in the movie too ?
I've asked them in december if they have some news and they told me no but they would inform me if something new would surface.

Maybe it's like adding something like a new action scene or writting something more catchy.

Last edited by Ellioft; 18-01-22 at 14:02.
Old 18-01-22, 14:14   #19185
Tonyrobinson

Don't get me wrong I'd love all this recent news to be true after the drought we have had but I really want something concrete like a release date. This film franchise gives me anxiety.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 18-01-22 at 14:15.
Old 18-01-22, 14:34   #19186
Rai

Usualy, when a line is described as 'punchy', it means it's to the point, and flows well. Maybe there's just a few scenes that are a bit too wordy. If this is true.

As nice as it is for Geek Vibes Nation to keep an eye on the film and keep us informed, I'd like to see something official soon.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-22, 14:46   #19187
Tonyrobinson

I am following TRmovieupdates on Twitter and see they're saying Cara Brower has been added to IMDb as the production designer. I hope with all of this news they're about to announce something!
Old 18-01-22, 15:11   #19188
Rai

Cara has been added, yeah. That's like, really recent too. *fingers crossed*.

Kristin Scott Thomas is still in the cast list, are we hopeful she is still involved?
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-22, 15:15   #19189
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post

Kristin Scott Thomas is still in the cast list, are we hopeful she is still involved?
What question is this of course I'm hopefull I love her
Old 18-01-22, 15:17   #19190
Tonyrobinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Cara has been added, yeah. That's like, really recent too. *fingers crossed*.

I hope so she is such an amazing actress that it would be a real shame not to have her involved. She could really make something dramatic and special out of the character if she is given the right material.

Walton Goggins is a great actor but I never felt he got the opportunity to shine with the material like he should have and in my opinion in the small part that Kristin played portraying Ana she was able to scene steal.