Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Technical Support

Old 26-03-22, 17:18   #1
Mik9517

Default Tomb Raider Anniversary Palace Midas Flame Room Fires Didn't Start

Hi everyone,

I've been playing through Tomb Raider Anniversary Steam version for the first time. I've played it before on PS2 but I got to the room in Palace Midas where you have to get the lead bar and noticed that the flames didn't actually start when I pulled the lever.

It did make the room really easy to do but just wondered if anyone else had encountered this?
Mik9517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-22, 20:36   #2
janissary

Never happened to me. But I've heard lot of people having this issue.

So far the most remarkable bug I've had was at the Croft Manor. I don't know which button combination did I performed, but cutscene triggered as third person point of view. She just walked up to table, took Winton's letter and read it just like she did in the actual cutscene. All while camera locked on in-game perspective –couldn't move it around.

I guess this type of stuff happens. But hey, no fire no problem. I hope restarting the level or latest checkpoint resolve the error though.
janissary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-22, 22:47   #3
Rai

The fire not starting happens sometimes. I think there's a way in which to deliberately avoid it but I can't remember what to do. If you go back to the pressure plate near the entrance, it can start up. But if you avoid it by going through the room, it will stay off,which can be helpful going after the relic .
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-22, 13:58   #4
Mik9517

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
The fire not starting happens sometimes. I think there's a way in which to deliberately avoid it but I can't remember what to do. If you go back to the pressure plate near the entrance, it can start up. But if you avoid it by going through the room, it will stay off,which can be helpful going after the relic .
That was true I had forgotten the location of the relic until I noticed the horizontal poles at the end but I'll have to try that and see if it works - though it does sound like I just want to sadistically make Lara toast

That's a strange bug janissary I haven't played the Croft Manor level on the Steam version yet but will let you know if I come across it

Last edited by Mik9517; 16-04-22 at 14:14.
Mik9517 is offline   Reply With Quote