Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 17-04-16, 14:36   #7011
Tombraider95

I get cautious about coming in this thread too, worried there will be spoilers. Less than a month to go, would be quite stupid now to see spoilers online! Just don't go diggin!
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-16, 15:55   #7012
Jankrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitnrun017 View Post
I keep stumbling on leaked information. A level list is around the interwebs that basically spoils the chronological order of the game. I wish I didn't see it. I hate myself.

Be careful where you go guys.
I know about that. Almost posted the link here before it hit me: "What are you doing?!". My brain had just started to process what I was seeing before I tore my eyes away and ran.

Last edited by Jankrow; 17-04-16 at 15:57.
Jankrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-16, 17:20   #7013
shockwave_pulsar00

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLara_Nathanx View Post
I'm scared ****less for spoilers, even 'minor' ones like "this character is (not) in the game" or "the ending will make you cry" or idk. I'm scurd.
You and me both. I don't wanna know squat about the game. I haven't even watched that Madagascar footage.
shockwave_pulsar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-16, 18:01   #7014
WWETombRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLara_Nathanx View Post
I'm scared ****less for spoilers, even 'minor' ones like "this character is (not) in the game" or "the ending will make you cry" or idk. I'm scurd.
Honestly, me too. May 10th I'm staying off the internet until I've completed it.
WWETombRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-16, 08:49   #7015
dcw123

Replaying the trilogy on PS4 and damn, I forgot just how terrible UC3 was.
After playing UC2, the way Drake controls and his physics are all over the place. I wonder why Naughty Dog decided to do this?
Thank god UC4 seems to play a little better, at least in Multiplayer anyway - they were always kinda similar to the main game.

Not to mention the fact UC3 takes away control from the player a hell of a lot compared to 1 and 2 - enemies can be killed far too easily and the melee felt too light and ''weak''..
They also seemed to make the ''ledge paths'' easier to spot too - almost as if they dumbed down the level design in places.
Some parts in UC2 you couldn't see any white or highlights, and the cracks in cliffs or whatever were totally blended in.

Mega excited for UC4 - I just hope its more like UC1 and 2 - not Drakes Deception...
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-16, 09:04   #7016
Shark_Blade

I don't even know what month this game will come out. That's how much spoiler free I want to be.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-16, 10:42   #7017
Bomb Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
Replaying the trilogy on PS4 and damn, I forgot just how terrible UC3 was.
After playing UC2, the way Drake controls and his physics are all over the place. I wonder why Naughty Dog decided to do this?
Thank god UC4 seems to play a little better, at least in Multiplayer anyway - they were always kinda similar to the main game.

Not to mention the fact UC3 takes away control from the player a hell of a lot compared to 1 and 2 - enemies can be killed far too easily and the melee felt too light and ''weak''..
They also seemed to make the ''ledge paths'' easier to spot too - almost as if they dumbed down the level design in places.
Some parts in UC2 you couldn't see any white or highlights, and the cracks in cliffs or whatever were totally blended in.

Mega excited for UC4 - I just hope its more like UC1 and 2 - not Drakes Deception...
oh my god yes!!! I just platinum´d it on Monday and I hate UC3. Seriously. There are some good parts, but overall it leaves me a bit bitter. I just didn´t want to spread negetivity, but now that you mentioned it...it´s really the weakest of the trilogy.
I think UC3 is the definition of "Too Much". A video plays every few steps, which makes the Time Trails very difficult. Too often"falling from" stuff, even Lara in TReboot can be jealous. And the Crushing difficulty, why did ND think that putting Nate without arms in a fight whre the baddies trow like three granades at once was a good idea? Also the Throw back granade mechanic was very ****ty, at least for me. Half the time he did not grab the granade even though it was right next to him and the other half there was another weapon lying close by and he switched to it instead of throwing back the granade.
Let´s hope none of these mistakes will be in UC4. I´m optimistic.
Bomb Fighter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-16, 16:03   #7018
Tommy123

Yeah the third uncharted is my least favorite in the series too. It just didn't have the "magic" of the first two amongst all the other issues y'all listed.
Tommy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-16, 18:14   #7019
Lara_Fan1

I must be the only person that actually likes Uncharted 3 just as equal to Uncharted 2. My only problem with it is Chloe isn't in it as much, other than that I love playing Deception.
Lara_Fan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-16, 21:40   #7020
Lara_Fan1

Naughty Dog Compares Tomb Raider to Uncharted and The Last of US

Quote:
I’ve played the first Tomb Raider, but the second one isn’t yet available on PlayStation, so I’ve not had the chance to play that. I like the things that Tomb Raider has done. I saw some of the stuff they did for E3 [for Rise of the Tomb Raider] and going into much more of that survival-type game, which actually seems to borrow more from The Last of Us than Uncharted," Lead Designer Ricky Cambier told MCV.

From the start, we knew that we didn’t want to reboot Uncharted. We wanted to add drivable vehicles and the rope and stuff like that, we didn’t want to introduce weapon upgrades or try to skill up. We want to keep it as the Uncharted you know and now see what that means when we take that to PlayStation 4
Nothing major I just thought y'all would be interested .
Lara_Fan1 is offline   Reply With Quote