www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 20-04-21, 17:09   #81
Arsunt
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
Hello Arsunt,

the Game freeze when i try to save...in Tomb Editor is all fine.
i can choose the saveslot in Game but hit enter an when the game try to get back from menu...it freeze.
I have reducet the limits of textinfos... maybe im to stupid
Probably you have too many items or objects in the level (texinfos is not the issue). Of course I have plans to increase saved game file limits, but probably you would like to fix the reason itself. Give me your level file so I could check what's wrong.
Old 20-04-21, 20:48   #82
Sweet
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsunt View Post
Probably you have too many items or objects in the level (texinfos is not the issue). Of course I have plans to increase saved game file limits, but probably you would like to fix the reason itself. Give me your level file so I could check what's wrong.
Okay thank you...i send you pm for this.
Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-21, 11:52   #83
Chrysalis
Hobbyist

Hey there!

I'm new to this forum and I hope this is the right place to post my question regarding TR2Main ... if it isn't, I'm sorry and will delete my post

I've looked everywhere for a solution but couldn't find one so I'm trying my luck here (since this forum is quite active and you seem to be nice people )

I'm currently playing TR II's steam version with Arsunt's TR2Main. Everything is working perfectly, I'm honestly relieved because it wouldn't work any other way, but my question is: Is there any way to keep TR2Main's features while also using a language patch? German is my mother tongue and while I do understand English perfectly fine, I want to play the game in German due to nostalgia (I played it as a kid in German). I don't know how all of these patches etc. work in its core, but I know that TR2Main replaced the .exe so I'm not sure if a German patch could function simultaneously with TR2Main.

I'm thankful for every comment and suggestion etc.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-21, 14:41   #84
Arsunt
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
Hey there!

I'm new to this forum and I hope this is the right place to post my question regarding TR2Main ... if it isn't, I'm sorry and will delete my post

I've looked everywhere for a solution but couldn't find one so I'm trying my luck here (since this forum is quite active and you seem to be nice people )

I'm currently playing TR II's steam version with Arsunt's TR2Main. Everything is working perfectly, I'm honestly relieved because it wouldn't work any other way, but my question is: Is there any way to keep TR2Main's features while also using a language patch? German is my mother tongue and while I do understand English perfectly fine, I want to play the game in German due to nostalgia (I played it as a kid in German). I don't know how all of these patches etc. work in its core, but I know that TR2Main replaced the .exe so I'm not sure if a German patch could function simultaneously with TR2Main.

I'm thankful for every comment and suggestion etc.
Hey! Most localized things for TR2 are stored in
  • data/tombpc.dat - in-game text.
  • data/main.sfx - sound effects, "A-ha!" and "No." phrases.
  • audio/cdaudio.mp3 - music tracks, cutscenes audio and assault course voice lines.
  • data/*.pcx or pix/*.pcx or pix/16x9/*.png - pictures with some text.

tomb.exe normally stores just text for setup dialog box. There is no fast way to localize it right now, but I have plans to make it possible with no need to edit exe at all.
Old 27-04-21, 10:11   #85
Chrysalis
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsunt View Post
Hey! Most localized things for TR2 are stored in
  • data/tombpc.dat - in-game text.
  • data/main.sfx - sound effects, "A-ha!" and "No." phrases.
  • audio/cdaudio.mp3 - music tracks, cutscenes audio and assault course voice lines.
  • data/*.pcx or pix/*.pcx or pix/16x9/*.png - pictures with some text.

tomb.exe normally stores just text for setup dialog box. There is no fast way to localize it right now, but I have plans to make it possible with no need to edit exe at all.
Thanks for the reply

If I understood that correctly, I can replace all those localized things besides the .exe and it should work? I wouldn't mind the setup dialog box staying English ^^

Besides that: Thank you for TR2Main and your efforts I appreciate your fast replies and the possibility to ask you questions
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote