www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 28-04-21, 17:07   #1
adamtombraider
Explorer

Default Ambience bug

Having just activated the mechanism that raises the four blocks in the main room in 'Hall of Seasons' I have noticed that the ambience from the 'Tomb of Ancients' plays along with the main 'Hall of Seasons' ambience it only appears after that part has been completed and I am not sure what causes it I have also noticed that the ambience from 'Sanctuary of the Flame' plays in the 'Vault of Trophies' over the main ambience of that level but it only happens if you load the game while underwater after getting the Aqua Lung.

Has anyone else noticed this and can anyone explain why it happens.

Also does anyone know if there is an MP3 file for the Underwater Ambience as its not in the sound track.
adamtombraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-21, 06:28   #2
Girafarig32
Professor

For some reason, when you go from one room to another that transitions (fades to black momentarily), the ambience that is intended for the level starts playing. This happens when you go between the large biodome room in bio-research and the room with the poison gas, then back again. I'm guessing the transition tricks the game into playing the music since it otherwise doesn't play due to a glitch-- and I assume the same thing is happening in what you mentioned. I will have to give this a try myself.

As for the MP3, I'm not sure why it wouldn't be in the extracted files. I'll have a look myself and see which one it is.

EDIT: So I couldn't get the one in the hall of seasons to work, HOWEVER I did find that saving right after picking up the aqua lung (in vault of trophies) while in the water, then reloading, triggered a torch/fire SFX. Is this what you were talking about? I tried reloading in different locations, like outside the water and in the small cove, but it oddly only worked right after the aqua lung pickup while underwater.

Last edited by Girafarig32; 02-05-21 at 07:00.
Girafarig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-21, 15:11   #3
adamtombraider
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girafarig32 View Post
For some reason, when you go from one room to another that transitions (fades to black momentarily), the ambience that is intended for the level starts playing. This happens when you go between the large biodome room in bio-research and the room with the poison gas, then back again. I'm guessing the transition tricks the game into playing the music since it otherwise doesn't play due to a glitch-- and I assume the same thing is happening in what you mentioned. I will have to give this a try myself.

As for the MP3, I'm not sure why it wouldn't be in the extracted files. I'll have a look myself and see which one it is.

EDIT: So I couldn't get the one in the hall of seasons to work, HOWEVER I did find that saving right after picking up the aqua lung (in vault of trophies) while in the water, then reloading, triggered a torch/fire SFX. Is this what you were talking about? I tried reloading in different locations, like outside the water and in the small cove, but it oddly only worked right after the aqua lung pickup while underwater.
You can hear a different ambience in this level it happens inside the statue room listen carefully and you will hear a piece of music play just after Lara reads the brothers reunited see the gates thrown open its on the PS2 version I found it while watching this persons walkthrough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LABDTHEPp88&t=151s

Last edited by adamtombraider; 02-05-21 at 15:20.
adamtombraider is offline   Reply With Quote