Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 10-05-21, 19:33   #7801
Tombraider95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikky View Post
I find that hard to believe that was the only reason. Natla is an integral part of Underworld and she would not have made sense without Anniversary.
Not the only reason, but the main one. Natla is included in Underworld because they did Anniversary. But my point is there were still plans for a sequel to Legend after Legend. They didn't look at the release of Anniversary and decide whether or not to do a sequel.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-21, 19:42   #7802
Grizzly Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
Not the only reason, but the main one. Natla is included in Underworld because they did Anniversary. But my point is there were still plans for a sequel to Legend after Legend. They didn't look at the release of Anniversary and decide whether or not to do a sequel.
Because of Natla in Underworld, Amanda got a bad storyline in Underworld; she deserved more, she was such a good villain!

I'm still hoping for an Amanda-like character in the Reboot, Sam had the potential to become one but they made her disappear...
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-21, 20:02   #7803
Valentino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post

I'm still hoping for an Amanda-like character in the Reboot, Sam had the potential to become one but they made her disappear...
*the fans
The fans made her disappear. A lot of people weren’t that big of a fan of her. And I absolutely remember no one cared for her post games release. Think having 2 games without her has made some of you rethink that though. Or going back to tr2013 with new eyes you’ve had a change of heart. If fans don’t like a character, Crystal actually does something about it surprisingly. No head set in Underworld because you all found the talking annoying. Then they killed Alister off. They Kept Sam to the comics.
Weirdly they didn’t do anything about reboot Lara’s personality.
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-21, 21:06   #7804
Moon-Safari

Sam was a princess peach reskin who was written in to fulfill her purpose of dying to conclude the plot. She failed to carry out her main mission because she was stopped by a focus group. And that says everything you need to know about Sam. Bye bye Sam.
Moon-Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-21, 21:28   #7805
JuditePrince12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 View Post
I'll just leave this here.
Microsoft did help with the funding of Rise I'll admit that, but where exactly did that take the series? Rise was just a ploy to compete with UC, and the studio that supposedly wanted to help nearly killed it all together by choosing a release date at the same time one of the biggest games at the time released. Not to mention they didn't even market Rise or Shadow correctly. That goes to Sony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
I'm pretty sure Underworld was already in development and planned from Legend. Anniversary was just an extra title they did in the middle to stop Core from releasing their version.
Exactly this. A franchise like TR doesn't just plan things one at a time. Microsoft didn't help TR off their feet. 2013 did and Microsoft just help push the development faster and used the popularity of the reboot for attention. Really wish they would've taken more time on Rise.
JuditePrince12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-21, 23:43   #7806
Lara_Fan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuditePrince12 View Post
Microsoft did help with the funding of Rise I'll admit that, but where exactly did that take the series? Rise was just a ploy to compete with UC, and the studio that supposedly wanted to help nearly killed it all together by choosing a release date at the same time one of the biggest games at the time released. Not to mention they didn't even market Rise or Shadow correctly. That goes to Sony.
I’m sure the extra money from Microsoft helped the development of Rise more but I posted the quote because some people seem to believe that if it wasn’t for Microsoft, Rise wouldn’t have come out. Yet nowhere does it state this as an actual fact. They say they made the “tough” decision (which wasn’t tough at all) to make it exclusive because of their “close” friendship, which isn’t true at all for the reasons you’ve mentioned.

Once they realised Uncharted was being delayed they dropped Tomb Raider like a hot plate in favour for Fallout 4.
Lara_Fan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-21, 01:10   #7807
bublehed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon-Safari View Post
Sam was a princess peach reskin who was written in to fulfill her purpose of dying to conclude the plot. She failed to carry out her main mission because she was stopped by a focus group. And that says everything you need to know about Sam. Bye bye Sam.
This. CD/Square chickened-out.
bublehed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-21, 01:15   #7808
JuditePrince12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 View Post
I’m sure the extra money from Microsoft helped the development of Rise more but I posted the quote because some people seem to believe that if it wasn’t for Microsoft, Rise wouldn’t have come out. Yet nowhere does it state this as an actual fact. They say they made the “tough” decision (which wasn’t tough at all) to make it exclusive because of their “close” friendship, which isn’t true at all for the reasons you’ve mentioned.

Once they realised Uncharted was being delayed they dropped Tomb Raider like a hot plate in favour for Fallout 4.
Completely agree. Thank you for sharing the quote as well
JuditePrince12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-21, 07:20   #7809
SSfox

I'm quite curious on what direction the franchise will take, wonder if Black Window dual pistol gameplay is also used as test for future TR.
SSfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-21, 07:23   #7810
Tombraider95

Lara definitely needs to be an acrobat again. No excuse not to be.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote