www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 27-01-21, 15:19   #11
TombHackR
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delroj View Post
I'm having problems with 2 things the HUD is very smail and all the texts are super small.

The gates and fences in the game look more pixelated than before, which improves when I deactivate the bilinear filtering but causes the rest of the scene to look too pixelated. Has anybody this happened to anyone?
This is a well known problem and there's not much you can do about it.

The only way you can get a large HUD is by running the game in real 640x480, and having your display enlarge it to 1920x1080.

If you select 640x480 in the Tomb Raider 3 setup, but select 1920x1080 in dgVoodoo... the game will play in 1920x1080, and all the game's polygons will be rendered in 1920x1080, and you will get enlarged text but you will see weird lines across the health bars (at least this is what happens to me). These weird lines will not go away until you select a resolution as high as 1280x1024, which is how I have mine set up .

This is all assuming you have a 1920x1080 monitor lol, I think the days of 1366x768 are over.

There's absolutely nothing you can do about the pixelated edges on windows, gates, and stuff. At least I have never ever heard of a solution. I'm afraid it's just how the game handles transparency.

Last edited by TombHackR; 27-01-21 at 15:29.
TombHackR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-21, 11:14   #12
Red46
Hobbyist

I would wait to replay TR3 due to the annoying bug with sound that is currently not fixed. If you're in a level where the background music track switches at a certain point (like temple ruins where the music changes from the jungle wildlife sounds at the starts to that gloomy tune when you enter the temple) if you happen to reload a save, the music track will revert back to the initial one for the level which, kills the atmosphere.
Red46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-21, 21:36   #13
LateRaider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red46 View Post
I would wait to replay TR3 due to the annoying bug with sound that is currently not fixed. If you're in a level where the background music track switches at a certain point (like temple ruins where the music changes from the jungle wildlife sounds at the starts to that gloomy tune when you enter the temple) if you happen to reload a save, the music track will revert back to the initial one for the level which, kills the atmosphere.
thats an engine problem and not likely to be fixed
Old 29-01-21, 09:48   #14
TombHackR
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red46 View Post
That bug has always been there since the game’s release, it has never been fixed and it never will if the atmospheric music track is not stored in the save game files. From my memory this doesn’t happen in the PlayStation version.
TombHackR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-21, 11:21   #15
Red46
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombHackR View Post
That bug has always been there since the game’s release, it has never been fixed and it never will if the atmospheric music track is not stored in the save game files. From my memory this doesn’t happen in the PlayStation version.
You're correct, it doesn't happen in the playstation version.
Old 29-01-21, 13:25   #16
laravision
Archaeologist

No task is too big for Arsunt. When he officially announces TR3Main, I'm sure this feature will be on his to-do list. Currently, the focus is still on TR2.
Old 30-01-21, 18:26   #17
Red46
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by laravision View Post
No task is too big for Arsunt. When he officially announces TR3Main, I'm sure this feature will be on his to-do list. Currently, the focus is still on TR2.
Yeah I am confident that Arsunt will be able to address this easily too.
Old 31-01-21, 18:50   #18
TurboPizza
Hobbyist

Last edited by TurboPizza; 02-02-21 at 14:35. Reason: Ignoring
TurboPizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-21, 20:17   #19
Delroj
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombHackR View Post
This is a well known problem and there's not much you can do about it.

The only way you can get a large HUD is by running the game in real 640x480, and having your display enlarge it to 1920x1080.

If you select 640x480 in the Tomb Raider 3 setup, but select 1920x1080 in dgVoodoo... the game will play in 1920x1080, and all the game's polygons will be rendered in 1920x1080, and you will get enlarged text but you will see weird lines across the health bars (at least this is what happens to me). These weird lines will not go away until you select a resolution as high as 1280x1024, which is how I have mine set up .

This is all assuming you have a 1920x1080 monitor lol, I think the days of 1366x768 are over.

There's absolutely nothing you can do about the pixelated edges on windows, gates, and stuff. At least I have never ever heard of a solution. I'm afraid it's just how the game handles transparency.
I've never used dgvoodoo, i ask how to use it time ago in this forum but i think post was deleted because nobody answered

If anyone could give me instructions i will aprecciated a lot
Delroj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 10:24   #20
LateRaider
Professor

you basically just download it, paste in the files, run dgVoodoo, then run the game

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...88&postcount=4

check here