Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 03-05-21, 09:49   #111
killchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
I was just thinking, when we say ports, what kind of ports would we want exactly?

Emulated ports of the games on modern consoles, or direct ports from the source code?

I'd imagine emulation would be the easiest route, but direct ports would be more future proof.
Speaking of , weren't the mobile guys doing direct ports with enhanced textures?
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 13:10   #112
reborninshadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by killchan View Post
Speaking of , weren't the mobile guys doing direct ports with enhanced textures?
Yes, mobile versions were ports, not emulation and in fact they were doing modern PC ports also with new graphics options, 60fps, easy modding support etc. but Square shut the project down. Which was kind of their fault for not asking for permission first so can't blame Square much on this but this means that they COULD easily make those ports/remasters we've been asking for.
reborninshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 13:50   #113
Boobandie

Game companies often do 'proof of concept' work before presenting it, Core even made an Indiana Jones build of TRAE to pitch to LucasArts.

I always found that excuse to be a cop out. Square finding out early should have resulted in funding, not cancellation. We CAN blame square for this, they didn't pass the project to anyone else. They shut it down because they didn't want it to happen for whatever reason.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 14:01   #114
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
Game companies often do 'proof of concept' work before presenting it, Core even made an Indiana Jones build of TRAE to pitch to LucasArts.

I always found that excuse to be a cop out. Square finding out early should have resulted in funding, not cancellation. We CAN blame square for this, they didn't pass the project to anyone else. They shut it down because they didn't want it to happen for whatever reason.
Actually SE wasn't impressed with what they were presented with, but they did give Realtech VR permission to continue development, they just refused to pay them for the ports because the PC ports and other mobile enhancements was work that SE did not commission Realtech VR to do. It was outside the scope of the contract that they had so naturally SE wasn't going to pay them for work they did not ask for.

I actually remember some of the details of the ports as they did post a few screens here and I remember it not looking so hot, especially when they revealed some gameplay for TR 1's PC port.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 14:04   #115
dg1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post

SE was always over protective of their ips.

I remember they prevented some Chrono Trigger fans to make a fan remake or something.
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 14:10   #116
charmedangelin

Found the thread with the remasters, seems Realtech VR has privated the videos though.

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=217643

Edit

The TR2 thread

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...53#post7730353

Last edited by charmedangelin; 03-05-21 at 14:15.
Old 03-05-21, 16:27   #117
lance6439

Is there a way to play the iOS TRII mobile version? I remember seeing a video once on Youtube and the sky looked pretty. So now I want it.
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 16:53   #118
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
Is there a way to play the iOS TRII mobile version? I remember seeing a video once on Youtube and the sky looked pretty. So now I want it.
Not that I know of, I know if you already purchased it you can download it on your IPhone or iPad. But the app doesn't support current iOS versions. You'd need a device that's running an older version of iOS I believe.
Old 03-05-21, 17:20   #119
Jamise_Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Found the thread with the remasters, seems Realtech VR has privated the videos though.

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=217643

Edit

The TR2 thread

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...53#post7730353
Any way to see the videos? I want to see how It looked like
Jamise_Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 17:25   #120
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamise_Croft View Post
Any way to see the videos? I want to see how It looked like
Just imagine Lara glowing like a Christmas tree decoration. I remember in the video it showed Lara running in the caves to show off the new bloom effects, but it was way too excessive.