Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 25-11-18, 23:45   #1521
jhons0529

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartache View Post
i honestly cant wait for the remasters. they are the only reason i pledged.
I don't quite recall, did they reach all the stretch goals for remasters and synth versions?
jhons0529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-18, 00:01   #1522
Dustie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhons0529 View Post
I don't quite recall, did they reach all the stretch goals for remasters and synth versions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendanlovesu1 View Post
^ in regards to the stretch goals, there doesn't seem to be a specific amount of money that would indicate a stretch goal, just that if the project raised more than the basic amount needed, which of course it did.

"If we are fortunate enough to exceed our initial target, we plan to put the additional funding back into the project. There are a number of things we would like to do if this happens:

Increase the size of the Choir for the recording at Abbey Road
Increase the size of the Brass Section for the recording at Abbey Road
Increase the size of the Woodwind Section for the recording at Abbey Road
Record and release the synthesizer only version of The Tomb Raider Suite
Remaster and release the original, unchanged game soundtracks for Tomb Raider I, II and III
Film and release a TV / DVD documentary about the making of The Tomb Raider Suite
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-18, 01:50   #1523
jhons0529

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
You're rightfully silent.
I noticed that a while ago and didn't edit my bad.
I was thinking when I saw it about Nathan mentioning the stretch and then forgot to edit, apologies. I actually noticed like a second after my post.
Old 26-11-18, 11:34   #1524
Dustie

Actually I typed the 3 dots because you're not allowed to send an empty post and quotes do not qualify as content, so I had to put something
Old 26-11-18, 16:17   #1525
Putai

The remasters are not included in TR Suite, I insist. They are a separate project, which has not date of production. And we'll have to pay for them apart. Which pisses me off because I wanted them to be part of TR Suite, but Nathan said no. The TR Suite has been already delivered and there's nothing more left than getting our physical copies and merch.
I say this because it seems people is still expecting the remaster to be a part of this.

Last edited by Putai; 26-11-18 at 16:18. Reason: typo
Putai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-18, 16:49   #1526
jhons0529

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
Actually I typed the 3 dots because you're not allowed to send an empty post and quotes do not qualify as content, so I had to put something
Oh didn't notice that, still my bad though on missing the text I was being silly.
Old 28-11-18, 11:46   #1527
Dustie

I received the new update mail and it clears up that the documentary is coming along with the the original soundtracks and The Suite synth mixes! Free for backers or not, I'm happy it's now confirmed word from Nathan that these are happening
Old 28-11-18, 14:53   #1528
Heartache

nathan just wrote on kickstarter that the 1-3 ost remaster will include cutscene tracks
Heartache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-18, 16:16   #1529
ggctuk

Here's the news:

Quote:

Dear Backers,

After a very successful release last month, the Digital Download of The Tomb Raider Suite is now available on all major digital outlets and streaming services.

We had the premier airplay on Classic FM and for those of you who missed it here is an edit I made of the John Suchet show from the 26th October 2018.

John Suchet plays the Tomb Raider Theme on Classic FM

We also had another airing on Classic FM the following Sunday (28th October 2018) on Bill Turnbull’s show no less and I have been told that it will be aired across multiple programmes over the next few days and weeks. So I’m really pleased about that.

I hope you all received your download link ok, which was sent out to you on Wednesday 24th October 2018. A few people had problems downloading, mainly to do with them using Internet Download Managers, so if you still have yet to use your download link, please make sure you are on a stable, secure internet connection and that you disable your Internet Download Manager if you use one.

We were limited to the quality of the .mp3s we supplied due to our website bandwidth restrictions. I know some of you want higher quality files so we are working on that and we hope to have high quality mp3s and flac versions available for you very soon.

Merchandise

With the Digital Release practically behind us now, we are focusing on the production of the merchandise. Most of it has been manufactured now and I am flying into London on the 7th December to meet with the rest of the team to prepare the packages for our first shipment.

A quick rundown of where we are is as follows:

CONCERT POSTER (Red & Blue) – Printed, signed and ready to ship

SCORE PAGE 1 – Printed, signed and ready to ship

CONCERT PROGRAMME – Printed, signed and ready to ship

GOLD ULTIMATE EDITION POSTER – Printed, signed and ready to ship

T-SHIRTS – Printed and ready to ship

TRS 3D ACRYLIC LOGO – Manufactured and waiting to receive – to ship mid-December

JEWEL CASE CD – Manufactured and waiting to receive – to ship mid-December

DELUXE TIN CDS – Final adjustments to artwork in progress

VINYL – Final adjustments to artwork in progress

iPhones

This is still happening. We have our list of winners and I will be contacting those people soon about their choice of colour for their phone.

Composer Buffet Reception – San Francisco

This is still on hold but by no means cancelled. Most likely we will be looking to arrange this for somewhere around the Spring or Summer of next year (2019).

The Documentary

We are now in post-production. We will have our first extract trailer ready in the next few days so I will post that here on Kickstarter and on Social Media as soon as it’s ready. It will take approximately three months to complete, but it is progressing well.

TR1, 2 & 3 Original Soundtracks

Still to do

Tomb Raider Suite (Synth Mixes)

This has already been recorded, so I’ve been talking with our mixing engineer Paul Pritchard from Abbey Road about the mixing process for this album to work out our options for next steps. Will keep you posted on that as things develop.

Live Shows

I think I’ve mentioned that we had a very successful show at the Royal Festival Hall in September, which I have still to post about in full detail. I will do that in our next Newsletter, so if you want to hear more about that and you haven’t signed up yet, please do so via our website at www.tombraidersuite.com. You can find the subscription box in the footer on any page.

I am very happy to say that we have another show confirmed at the Hamer Hall in Melbourne, Australia, on the 14th April 2019. So if any of you are over in that neck of the woods, I will be flying out there for the show and I very much look forward to meeting some of you there.

If you can’t make it to the show in Melbourne, please support the event by sharing our posts with your friends. The more successful each show is, the greater our chance of putting on the next, which increases our chances of bringing the show to a city near you.

Once again, I would like to thank you all for your patience and support so far. I can say with confidence now, that you will be receiving some of your TRS goodies in time for Christmas!

Kindest regards

Nathan.

Last edited by ggctuk; 28-11-18 at 16:19.
ggctuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-18, 19:00   #1530
TombRaiderTim

I just compared the tracks from Spotify and Soundcloud and I have to say I prefer the Soundcloud versions. The instruments chosen sound more faithful to the originals and play far better without them sounding off at times like they do in the Suite as in my opinion there is just far too much going on in a lot of the tracks which overpower one another.
TombRaiderTim is offline   Reply With Quote