www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 06-09-19, 19:51   #51
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

I don't know how likely it is that we will se dinosaurs but I'm thinking with Ben Wheatley at the helm we could get something like the creatures from the Descent.

I would love them to adapt Shadow and have the Yaaxil and Crimson Fire included, they seem like such Ben Wheatley type beings along with Baba Yaga.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 06-09-19 at 19:54.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-19, 20:20   #52
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

I doubt Wheatley will be given the budget for Jurassic World action. Maybe they are doing Shadow but boy did they pick the wrong director for that material. Hope he knows how to navigate Lara around South America without looking like a colonist. I would have went with a POC Director who would think of those things and find a way to make Lara's adventuring more ethical.

Last edited by GeekOfComedy; 06-09-19 at 20:21.
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-19, 20:38   #53
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

Place the bets before its the story of Ana killing Amelia portrayed by Keeley Hawes.
Old 06-09-19, 21:30   #54
Grizzly Bear
Archaeologist

I'm so happy for this sequel, hopefully it's going to be something really original and not the typical popcorn action movie; I don't know this director but from what I've read here it sounds like good news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
Place the bets before its the story of Ana killing Amelia portrayed by Keeley Hawes.
Keeley Hawes as Amelia would be such a great idea, it would really work.
And Ana killing Amelia would make an interesting plot twist, too. She would be such a scarier and ruthless villain after that.

Last edited by Grizzly Bear; 06-09-19 at 21:35.
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-19, 21:32   #55
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
Nah, if the fans and the game industry couldn't do it - The Guardian and other critics did and called out the film for it's Daddy issues so I don't think they'll dip in the parents pool again.
Old 06-09-19, 21:37   #56
Grizzly Bear
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekOfComedy View Post
Nah, if the fans and the game industry couldn't do it - The Guardian and other critics did and called out the film for it's Daddy issues so I don't think they'll dip in the parents pool again.
I mean, some parents issues are needed in the sequel, of course no one wants them to be the main plot again but after what happened in the first movie they can't move on like nothing happened.
Old 06-09-19, 21:43   #57
Tomb Raidering
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
I mean, some parents issues are needed in the sequel, of course no one wants them to be the main plot again but after what happened in the first movie they can't move on like nothing happened.
Legend Lara voice* What! Noooo!

Seriously, enough already! Itís all because of those pesky Top Cow comics and the first Angie movie.............
Old 06-09-19, 21:48   #58
Grizzly Bear
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
Legend Lara voice* What! Noooo!

Seriously, enough already! Itís all because of those pesky Top Cow comics and the first Angie movie.............
I mean, Richard has to be at least mentioned, it's absurd to think that Lara would forget him so quickly.

He won't be the main focus anyway but not mentioning him would be a big plot hole and it would feel like the sequel is not even connected to the first movie.
Old 06-09-19, 21:48   #59
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
No I think the only thing they mentioned was Graham King discussing how in the sequel they might go the route which Richard is in on it which I think would be really sophisticated. I think a really mature route to take this franchise is Vikander's Croft realising the Croft Holdings empire and wealth was built up on her Father stealing artefacts and taking from indigenous for generations with his hands just as dirty as Ana's then Lara having to make the choice if she's also going to be that person or be an explorer adventurer instead who sets out to make a difference.

Now that's very different than a Lara Croft you's want that would match the game who steals for selfish greed but you just can't do that with a passive movie where your watching a British white woman Terrorising POC now most likely with fire-arms so for the movie incarnation, I'd go she decides to become an explorer route. With a video game you can mask the offensiveness of that with gameplay and a story that doesn't make you dwell on it. My bet is Temple Of Doom's racism will come back to haunt Indiana Jones 5.

GK discussing Father's involvement: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ho.../1100-6457560/

Last edited by GeekOfComedy; 06-09-19 at 21:55.
Old 06-09-19, 22:00   #60
FanosCroft
Professor

i hope this director knows about the games