www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 08-04-21, 16:22   #271
Kubsy
Historian

Well, if the deadline was postponed again, I wouldn't be able to make it anyways. I will release the level whenever I can.
Old 08-04-21, 17:04   #272
Mulf
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaniHeger View Post
Great idea Tombraider95, but if wasn't proposed, I can't believe people would prefer other levels out of the competition because they couldn't... wait? While you're in so much anguish about your impatience, there is someone else there just trying their best to do a decent level, just look at the big picture, it's extremely selfish and irrational.
I'm not entirely sure I understand this as intended, or at whom it was directed. I'll just say this: it's a competition; building time has already been extended by more than a month; there will always be participants who won't be able to finish on time for one reason or another. Do you want the deadline for the 2021 competition extended into next year?

I think Tombraider95 came up with an excellent compromise. Speaking as a prospective player rather than a participant, I find eight or so levels released at the same time much better than being suddenly inundated with twice that number or more. The 'second wave' also gives players something to look forward to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaniHeger View Post
It's not the end of the world to wait a little more either, actually pretty much less of the end of the world than having you level out of the competition, competition you built and wasted time for.
Again, not sure I fully understand what you're going for, but time wasted building is not time wasted. Speaking as a builder now, whatever you've built may just as well be released as a stand-alone level unattached to any competition. It's known to have happened before. If nothing else, you will have acquired experience on which you can build in the future.
Mulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-21, 18:29   #273
egypt_gypsie
Professor

A deadline is a deadline. It was already postponed once. If people can't make the new deadline, they can either release their levels separately, or try to meet the deadline next time.
Old 08-04-21, 18:37   #274
maati139
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentXP View Post
^ Ditto! Progress is slow, but steady, hoping I can make it!

In the meantime, a new teaser:
I know I shouldn't quote such big image to just say that I love the mood of this shot! Love the greenish - bluish atmosphere, I was in huge love with that in TRA era, but also in Shadow. Anyway, great work!
Old 09-04-21, 06:25   #275
HaniHeger
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulf View Post
I'm not entirely sure I understand this as intended, or at whom it was directed. I'll just say this: it's a competition; building time has already been extended by more than a month; there will always be participants who won't be able to finish on time for one reason or another. Do you want the deadline for the 2021 competition extended into next year?
This is directed to whoever thinks that other people's levels should get out of the competition because the others can't wait. Saying that it would get out next year is an exaggeration.

I guess that some people's idea of time necessary to make a level are different from others, since while some take years to finish, others take months. So if I would say one more month, for some it would be just crazy. (Tbh 6 months is an ideal time for me. The deadline was never strict too.)

I like TR95's idea as well, two waves is much more interesting, so considering what I said, I even think that it should be used more in competitions with this type of time problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulf View Post
but time wasted building is not time wasted. Speaking as a builder now, whatever you've built may just as well be released as a stand-alone level unattached to any competition. It's known to have happened before. If nothing else, you will have acquired experience on which you can build in the future.
It still is a competition isn't it? Something that everyone is doing together, some people might not care, but some, wouldn't they feel left out? If atleast it was for a good reason..

Last edited by HaniHeger; 09-04-21 at 08:23.
HaniHeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-21, 07:57   #276
Mordyga
Historian

Thanks for the clarification Tombraider95! Fine by me

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroTheGamer View Post
^ That was not rude, and I just told the truth.
If you say so. Excuse me, I guess?

Looking forward to playing the levels you listed!
Especially Pedro's.
Mordyga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-21, 08:06   #277
Heckler
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentXP View Post
^ Ditto! Progress is slow, but steady, hoping I can make it!

In the meantime, a new teaser:
https://i.imgur.com/DdGuqKb.png?1
I've been watching some of your streams and videos, and it's insane what you do with your talent in the editor. Everything's so atmospheric, damp and lush. Can't wait to play this!
Old 09-04-21, 13:04   #278
DroneSpencer
Hobbyist

Lightbulb Deadline

So, if the Deadline is today when exactly, I want to play some of those maps

Will be there a list of links so we can just directly click on the link and got to trle site, or how it works... ?
DroneSpencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-21, 15:25   #279
prof.hastig
Hobbyist

Patience my friend, patience.
Today is the deadline to send the levels to Tombraider95, who will send them to MichaelP of TRLE. You have to wait at least one more day.

By the way. What happend to Sabatus Level? I remember him to be the first who finished his level, but he is no longer on the list.
prof.hastig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-21, 16:05   #280
Tombraider95
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by prof.hastig View Post
Patience my friend, patience.
Today is the deadline to send the levels to Tombraider95, who will send them to MichaelP of TRLE. You have to wait at least one more day.
That's the plan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prof.hastig View Post
By the way. What happend to Sabatus Level? I remember him to be the first who finished his level, but he is no longer on the list.
He decided to release it separately. I haven't heard anything so I don't think he did another level.