www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 05-12-19, 07:24   #15281
tlr online
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombRaiderLover View Post
Just noticed that The Cradle of Life was resubmitted to the BBFC in a version labelled 'the domestic cut.' I wasn't even aware the film had alternate versions?
When was this?
tlr online is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-19, 09:13   #15282
ccroft2003
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombRaiderLover View Post
Just noticed that The Cradle of Life was resubmitted to the BBFC in a version labelled 'the domestic cut.' I wasn't even aware the film had alternate versions?
It's a whole 11 seconds longer... Doubt there's anything anyone would really notice, however, it's been granted a UK 12 rather than a 12A.
Old 05-12-19, 10:07   #15283
_Seth
Archaeologist

Do we know what extra content is in those 11 seconds? And what releases feature it? I've never heard of it having a "Domestic Cut."
Old 05-12-19, 17:50   #15284
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

It's probably something stupid like a logo before the film and an extra logo after the credits.
Old 06-12-19, 16:37   #15285
michaeldt
Tomb Raider

Cradle of Life: Definitive Edition. Like Tonyrobinson said though, its probably just some logos .

In all seriousness though, I'd be very curious to see an extended cut of the original 2001 film. Some of the deleted scenes looked pretty interesting!

Old 06-12-19, 19:05   #15286
Ellioft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldt View Post
Cradle of Life: Definitive Edition. Like Tonyrobinson said though, its probably just some logos .

In all seriousness though, I'd be very curious to see an extended cut of the original 2001 film. Some of the deleted scenes looked pretty interesting!

The script I have already have thoses scenes on it you can read it online ^^
Old 07-12-19, 09:01   #15287
_Seth
Archaeologist

I actually think the 2001 film is crap. AJ is the singular only enjoyable thing about it.

I would love to see the 2001 film 8K scanned, colour graded and recut into it's original script, rescored by Alan Silvestri in a similar vein to Cradle of Life. That would most likely be a much more entertaining picture, all round.
Old 07-12-19, 10:38   #15288
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

The problem with the AJ films was that they tried to make Lara a James Bond type character. Atleast the Alicia films avoided that. Cradle of Life has great Tomb moments when they go to the Luna Temple and the shadow guardian scene at the end. The consensus is that it was usually better liked by the wider audience and a decent film.

I hope they next one goes great for them and we get a truly good Tomb Raider film. The first was a step in the right direction but there is still lots of room for improvement going forward.
Old 07-12-19, 11:08   #15289
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

In my opinion, TR 2001 is much better TR movie than TR Cradle of Life. TRCoL is a generic action movie, random, boring ... TR2001 is not perfect, the script is stupid but it is a very TR movie: The assault on the mansion, the part of Cambodia (the best part of all TR the movies in the cinema), Lara fighting the robot and executing game movements... I even like cinematography, darker and less illuminated than the luxurious and saturated cinematography of TRCOL

It's not perfect, but when I watch that movie I see TR in it. TR CoL is a random James Bond movie, all cities (Even a mall, really?) and few and horrific temples (Africa part) and Angelina's ugly outfit doesn't help. I don't see any TR in that movie (maybe the santorini part). Besides, there is always one thing in that movie that makes me laugh. Lara can fight the whole world, even a shark, but in Africa ... Reiss in the end, a flabby man in his fifties, no fighting experience, is beating her and she can't beat him and she has to be rescued by sheridan LOL

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 07-12-19 at 15:25.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-19, 16:45   #15290
michaeldt
Tomb Raider

Tbh, I think that we're lucky that the quality of the AJ movies were even as high as they were . Video game movies still at 2001 were in their infancy (Super Mario Bros only came out 8 years beforehand!), and there was no clear-cut way on how to adapt a video game into a film (still isn't really...). That being said, for the movies to have stuck as close as they did to what the games portrayed, I think was a great step forward for video game based movies.