www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 05-12-19, 19:11   #31371
noonbob
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 View Post
^

No, since Resident Evil 4 they’ve really dialled down the graphic deaths in the games so if there is a tentacle death in the game it will be highly censored.
I guessed as much You mean post RE4 right? Because there were still gory deaths in that game. Decapitation was still present, Getting chopped in half and Leon's face being melted off by the acid bug.
noonbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-19, 20:34   #31372
JsotoTRSaga
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave_pulsar00 View Post
They probably just worked on both at the same time. RE3 would take a bit longer than RE2 because of the need to make a lot of city locations. Devil May Cry 5 was also made at the same time, however, so a lot of city environments can be used from that game as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gian Carlo View Post
Well, RE2 was developed in 3 years and a half. For RE3 most of the work with the engine was probably done when they started.
Yes the only explanation would be they developed both simultaneously and going by the little hints here and there present in RE2Remake I would say this is the case. The broken wall in the Shower room of the RPD was obviously planned ahead and I am glad. Nemesis and Jill will have an encounter there. I would say the lack of RE2 DLC is precisely bc of the work on RE3 remake. I think RE3 is a way more complex game to develop compared to RE2. I hope they don't screw up bc there are so many areas where they potentially could but I trust they won't.

Last edited by JsotoTRSaga; 05-12-19 at 20:38.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-19, 20:47   #31373
Daft Raider
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonbob View Post
Exactly and the original looks much more detailed and better in those areas. Loved how the prerendered backgrounds had corpses, blood and debris everywhere. When I think of Remake streets I see a bunch of pristine vehicles all shoved together in one space.
The best setting in RE2R is the Police Station. Everything else is either very bare or rushed.
TLOU was developed how many years ago and look at how great they made the city area at the beginning of the game. It felt huge and open.

The sewers & lab in Remake are terrible.
Yeah, I agree. Even though they didn't make much sense in the originals, at least it was detailed and the environments still felt lived in and alive. Remakes streets were so bland and lifeless. ):

Right.. once I get to the sewers in the remake I stop, I really can't stand the sewers, why they chose to expand them and not the lab I'll never know.
Old 05-12-19, 22:38   #31374
Jill Lover
Explorer

Bad news
https://www.pcgamesn.com/the-game-aw...ouncements?amp
Old 05-12-19, 22:41   #31375
Tombraider95
Relic Hunter

noooo. Maybe they're lying and are gonna surprise us As it did leak.
Old 06-12-19, 05:35   #31376
michaeldt
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga View Post
I don't know about you guys but I hope the water sample puzzle gets cut for Good. And the other puzzle with the pressure valves in the hospital that must go too.
I found the hospital puzzle worse than the water sample puzzle!

Atleast with the water sample puzzle, I eventually worked out what the puzzle was wanting me to do- it was just a matter of getting there.

The hospital puzzle however... I kept thinking I was onto something, and seeing patterns- only for my next move to completely disprove said pattern. The hospital puzzle I just fluked in the end .
Old 06-12-19, 11:22   #31377
killchan
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill Lover View Post
There's no necessity. This new looks fits perfect.
Sure, but they will anyway. Every single RE game has a Julia Voth mod
Old 06-12-19, 13:01   #31378
rewak
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill Lover View Post
There was a rumour going around before Keighley said this that it wasn't going to be at TGA, but it would instead be announced just before TGA. Possibly in Sony's next State of Play which is rumoured to be happening just before TGA.

Also preorders have started popping up - https://www.base.com/buy/product/res...resi2rmps4.htm
rewak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-19, 13:46   #31379
Jill Lover
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
There was a rumour going around before Keighley said this that it wasn't going to be at TGA, but it would instead be announced just before TGA. Possibly in Sony's next State of Play which is rumoured to be happening just before TGA.

Also preorders have started popping up - https://www.base.com/buy/product/res...resi2rmps4.htm
Release Date: 31 March 2020
I hope they reveal a teaser but before TGA? I doubt it. That screenshot of Jill that leaked its definitely from a trailer.
Old 06-12-19, 13:59   #31380
rewak
Professor

The release date is obviously a placeholder but it does show they're expecting the release in the first quarter of the new year.

Also State of Play was just announced for Tuesday
rewak is online now   Reply With Quote