Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Underworld

Old 20-07-12, 01:41   #1
AimlessWonder

Question Texmod not working with TRU!

Hi I have played Tomb Raider Anniversary and Legends and Texmod worked great with them, all the outfit mods I used worked but with Tomb Raider Underworld the mods with Texmod aren't working and I don't know why

I've loaded the .exe correctly, I've put in the .tpf files and it's not working help as there are some great mods I'd like to use.

I also just want to add that I'm not new with using TexMod for games, I used it for mcgee's alice 1 & 2 and other games as well.

Last edited by AimlessWonder; 21-07-12 at 03:18.
AimlessWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-12, 15:13   #2
yaron

Try to go to options and change the quality to 'high'
yaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-12, 17:39   #3
AimlessWonder

In what? TexMod or in the game? Because if you mean the game there's no option to turn the quality to high only the texture quality and I've done that already and still nothing I even changed the resolution to a higher quality (The highest for my laptop) and still nothing so I don't know what you mean an you elaborate?
Old 20-07-12, 19:46   #4
Mytly

Can you please tell us which mod you're trying to use? It could be that that particular mod is not working.

Also, please keep in mind that in TRU, you can use only two or three outfits in any particular level. So if the mod you're trying to use isn't based on those outfits, you won't see it. For example, if the mod you want to use is based on Jungle Heavy, you will be able to see it only in the Mexico and Andaman Sea levels, and only if you choose Jungle Heavy at the beginning of those levels.
Mytly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-12, 01:53   #5
AimlessWonder

I'm using several mods, a heavy snow suit, a bathing suit, a dry suit and a mod for both jungle shorts and pants, I'm also in the Southern Mexico level and the mods for the jungle haven't worked and it isn't the only mod I've tried for the jungle.
Old 21-07-12, 01:54   #6
AimlessWonder

Also sorry about the three threads it's just last time I asked a question on an old account I got no reply even though it was in the correct area -.- so my apologies it won't happen again ^_^
Old 22-07-12, 20:46   #7
Mytly

I'm not sure what you might be doing wrong. Can you provide more details on what you're doing, i.e. tell us exactly which mods you're using, where you downloaded them from, and the process you use to run TexMod. Also, tell us your exact graphics settings for TRU.

Also, please don't bump (I have deleted your post that just said 'bump'). If someone knows the answer to your problem, they'll post it. If not, bumping won't solve anything.
Mytly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-12, 00:09   #8
Rex R

I've had some problems getting mods to work, usually the hard part is knowing just which outfit is modded (the hub has a nice collection but, at times I wished it were organized differently). I think that I've found one or two that just don't work for me, a couple that needed a few repairs(I suspect because of language differences in game versions), and at least a couple that are listed in the wrong sections(on the hub, here; http://www.tombraiderhub.com/tr8/modding/other02.html bolivia fun pack and party are really supposed to be listed under TRL).
which outfits you're trying would be a help...a number of mods are based on the 'white swim suit'.
rex
Rex R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-12, 16:44   #9
AimlessWonder

I'm using a mod called Sonya for the jungle shorts, also a white and black heavy snowsuit mod that I don't know the name of I've tried various bathing suit mods but like you say rex they are all unorganized in that category so I gave up on finding wet suit and dry suit mods.

as for the process I simply run texmod, add the .exe then add the texmod files and run the game from texmod, this isn't my first time using texmod, I used it for Anniversary, Legends and also Mcgee's Alice 1 & 2.

I get the mods from Tomb Raider HUB and my graphics for the game are currently on the lowest setting...I also tried running the mods in various other settings with no change.
Old 23-07-12, 16:45   #10
AimlessWonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mytly View Post
Also, please don't bump (I have deleted your post that just said 'bump'). If someone knows the answer to your problem, they'll post it. If not, bumping won't solve anything.
My apologies I'm used to other forums where no one replies if the thread isn't at the top