www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 22-06-20, 17:52   #3131
Costel
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayB_1988 View Post
Ellie from TLOU2 is so bad ass! This game is amazing. I love the animations, the graphics, the story, gameplay mechanics, the enemies,... and itís so much better than Uncharted. I wish Lara Croft would be so cool like Ellie. Lara seems so boring and prude next to Ellie. I just canít take her serious.
You know there is a thread dedicated to TLOU 2. You can go there an praise Ellie as much as you want.
Also Lara did not let Dominquez alive knowing that he ordered the murder of her father. She did not let people that have done some ****ed up things(Mathias, Konstantin) alive. She did not fight them and then let them leave. Just saying.
Old 22-06-20, 17:56   #3132
LNSNHGTDS
Tomb Raider

Kid Ellie was kinda cool. Adult Ellie is as plain and boring as they come so no, I don't want Lara to be like Ellie, or Chloe, or Aloe or anyone else. Lara is Lara and that's that. Keep the rest far away.
Old 22-06-20, 17:56   #3133
TrustyBow
Professor

No offense but I wonder if all of you saying Lara should be more like Ellie finished the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft View Post
I agree to an extent. I'd like Tomb Raider to have the same graphic fidelity, animations quality and character performance. However, I'd want a much better quality story than what The Last of Us Part II ends up being. As the game pushed forward they give Crystal a run for their money on sloppy storytelling.
I agree. TLOU2's animations were beautiful, and as someone that doesn't usually pay attention to that stuff, it made me kind of jealous that Tomb Raider wasn't up to that standard.

As for story though... yeah, no.
Old 22-06-20, 17:56   #3134
ivaneiroX
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costel View Post
You know there is a thread dedicated to TLOU 2. You can go there an praise Ellie as much as you want.
Also Lara did not let Dominquez alive knowing that he ordered the murder of her father. She did not let people that have done some ****ed up things(Mathias, Konstantin) alive. She did not fight them and then let them leave. Just saying.
Oh wow you didn't really get tlou2 story...

Lara and Ellie are very different let's keep it like that.
ivaneiroX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-20, 18:07   #3135
Costel
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivaneiroX View Post
Oh wow you didn't really get tlou2 story...

Lara and Ellie are very different let's keep it like that.
I did not played tlou2. And I am sure even if I not played it that Ellie is cool and bad ass. My intention is not to talk bad about Ellie. It was a response with the little I know about tlou2 to someone that used a female character again to badmouth reboot Lara.
Old 22-06-20, 18:13   #3136
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Can we all appreciate that Ellie has to sprint before a jump to make it in TLOU2 and we've been asking for something like this in TR for years now? Hopefully this spurs on CDEM to do it in the next game.
Old 22-06-20, 18:42   #3137
Chamayoo
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
Can we all appreciate that Ellie has to sprint before a jump to make it in TLOU2 and we've been asking for something like this in TR for years now? Hopefully this spurs on CDEM to do it in the next game.
Really ? Didn't expect a game like TLOU to implement a mechanic like that, at all !
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-20, 18:44   #3138
CroftManiac05
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
TLOU2's animations were beautiful, and as someone that doesn't usually pay attention to that stuff, it made me kind of jealous that Tomb Raider wasn't up to that standard.
If this attention to detail is a product of hours upon hours of crunch, stress and an unhealthy obsession for perfection, then I'd settle for a less detailed game.

To add to the ND conversation, it is really strange to me how people put story and characters first over gameplay. ND can make the most interesting story and characters but they can't make gameplay, let's be real. Even UC:Lost Legacy (their best game imo), still has a pretty basic gameplay. Generally speaking, I'm sick and tired of overly cinematic games to be considered masterpieces,while completely overlooking the bare-bones gameplay. This is a trend that started with 2010's Heavy Rain and I think it needs to die.
Old 22-06-20, 18:51   #3139
amiro1989
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroftManiac05 View Post
If this attention to detail is a product of hours upon hours of crunch, stress and an unhealthy obsession for perfection, then I'd settle for a less detailed game.

To add to the ND conversation, it is really strange to me how people put story and characters first over gameplay. ND can make the most interesting story and characters but they can't make gameplay, let's be real. Even UC:Lost Legacy (their best game imo), still has a pretty basic gameplay. Generally speaking, I'm sick and tired of overly cinematic games to be considered masterpieces,while completely overlooking the bare-bones gameplay. This is a trend that started with 2010's Heavy Rain and I think it needs to die.
I do agree with that though. The gameplay is stuck in early X360-PS3 games... We're litterally one generation behind. I laughed when they said that jumping and swimming around was such a great overhaul of the gameplay. It's a bit silly and ridiculous.

However, we can't deny that they are pushing the enveloppe when it comes to storytelling in video games, and also the acting is top-notch. The characters are very lifelike.

As for the crunch time, I do think this is required for any sort of hugely ambitious projects. Perhaps, they should avoid having crunch time for more than month's time, but I really do believe it almost cannot be avoided. Let's hope for better management who can find ways to make game development a less inhospitable environment. I really do think that over a month of crunch is absolutely irresponsible.

Last edited by amiro1989; 22-06-20 at 18:56.
amiro1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-20, 18:52   #3140
Linoshi Croft
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
Really ? Didn't expect a game like TLOU to implement a mechanic like that, at all !
Sadly, they hardly use it, which is kinda annoying. It's definitely something I'd like to see in Tomb Raider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
No offense but I wonder if all of you saying Lara should be more like Ellie finished the game
I have finished the game. Though, I didn't need to finish it to say I wouldn't like Lara to be like Ellie. They're equally bland in different ways. Ellie is only held up through her interactions with other characters IMO.

Last edited by Linoshi Croft; 22-06-20 at 18:55.
Linoshi Croft is offline   Reply With Quote