Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 27-01-19, 17:12   #21
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbunnig View Post
Black Water and Rogue. Both killer croc films set in Australia's Northern Territory. Not that it's a genre I'm a massive fan of, just the first two films that came to mind.
I've seen Rogue I only watched it because Radha Mitchell was in it I didn't know the guy from Avatar was in it until I watched it, one thing I would have changed was it really necessary for them to kill the dog, couldn't they have used a goat instead of the dog.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-19, 16:50   #22
DragonSlayer

Nerve, the basic plot is the main character plays a game called Nerve where she has to do dares that are chosen for her by others on return for money.

If I were to say anything more I'd end up giving away the story of the movie, just watch it, it's a really good movie.
Old 30-01-19, 17:57   #23
Zsott

'3 Billboards'
It's very recent movie from last year, but I didn't see many people discussing it. I personally loved it, it think it's great.

'Now is good'
When it came out, got some kind of attention, I think it won some awards too, but seems forgotten a bit. (at least my friends not heard of it, before I recommended it)

'Summer storm'
It's very known in the LGBTQ communities, but outside of it, not really.

Last edited by Zsott; 30-01-19 at 18:03.
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-19, 20:29   #24
scion05

Mulholland Drive.

Obviously seriously well known amongst cinema and cult fans, but the general public? Nah.
scion05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-19, 18:19   #25
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scion05 View Post
Mulholland Drive.

Obviously seriously well known amongst cinema and cult fans, but the general public? Nah.
I picked that up recently from CEX I'm going to watch it first chance I get.
Old 19-02-19, 13:38   #26
DragonSlayer

Bump

Joy Ride and Hours, both starring Paul Walker these two movies are among his lesser known movies and are well worth watching, it seems that any Paul Walker movie that wasn't The Fast and The Furious is not as well known as the Fast and Furious movies.

The Cyberbully aka Cyberbully starring Maisie Williams I've mentioned this movie once already in this topic but I'm mentioning it again as some may not have heard of it.
Old 21-06-19, 18:47   #27
DragonSlayer

Bump

I would recommend the movie You're Ugly Too starring Aiden Gillen it's about a guy and his niece who following a tragic event move to a remote area of the Irish Midlands, with him being mostly absent from her life for reasons that I won't spoil they gradually get to know each other.
Old 21-06-19, 21:23   #28
Nigel Cassidy

The Man Who Copied

A Brazillian film about a poor boy trying to get money to get the things needed to impress his girl. Very charming film that knows how to show and not tell.

The Lost World (2001)

BBC made for tv adaptation of the Conan Doyle novel. Combining the two things that BBC is good at: costume drama and GCI dinosaurs.

Both of these films I bet you never heard of, but they are my favourite films.
Nigel Cassidy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-19, 21:31   #29
dirrtytomboi

Reefer Madness: The Movie Musical. It's one of the most fun movies I have ever watched. And it's on Amazon prime right now.
dirrtytomboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-19, 22:08   #30
Zebra

Pure (2010) (Till det som är vackert)
Watched this when it was first announced that Alicia Vikander was cast as Lara. It's a Swedish drama starring Alicia. Very well-written and well-acted, interesting characters, engaging plot. It's about a troubled young woman from a working class family who falls in love with classical music but doesn't really fit into that world. Definitely recommend this one.

In the Grayscale (En la Gama de los Grises)
Chilean drama/gay romance film. Basically about a married guy who falls in love with another man. The premise in the beginning feels a bit forced but once that's out of the way, it's a really good watch.

The Girl in the Book

American drama about a young woman who was taken advantage of by an older man as a teenager and has to struggle with the psychological fallout as an adult when he re-enters her life.

Agora
Spanish-produced English-language historical drama starring Rachel Weisz set in 4th-century Alexandria. Tells the fictionalised life story of female mathematician and astronomer Hypatia who is stuck in the middle of the conflict between Christians and Pagans. Incredible film. Highly recommended!
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote