Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 19-05-21, 10:35   #21
Mani_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochrane View Post
Oh, you DC guys have Bendis now? I feel for you. A lot of his Marvel stuff was fun but utterly forgettable, and yeah, his grasp on character voices is not ideal. His X-Men comics were perfectly acceptable, but every character in them was better in every solo series (e.g. young Scott, and especially Laura Kinney). Even Alias/Jessica Jones, easily the best work of his I've ever read, left a lot of room for improvement, as the excellent and much deeper Netflix series showed.
Unfortunately yeah.
He butchered Superman so much and now he even gets the whole Justice League.
At first it seemed he learned from his Superman mistakes, but i get the feeling he is totally proud of his run and doesnt see anything wrong with it.

When they first hired him, everyone was rather excited due to his X-Men etc run.
But that quickly turned into dissapointment.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-21, 11:14   #22
Mani_Man

The New comics arrived...huzzah. XD

Action Comics was rather neat i have to say and i liked that they slowly try to flesh out Jon.
But they should hurry it a bit up when they want him to take over Superman soon.
Because he still is rather empty at the moment.
Still, the current arc is neat and im always down for a Mongul story.

Batman Black and White is a hit and miss from story to story.
Some mainly due to the art because you have to be careful not to make the art the eyesore.
So some storys in there work, others dont.
Liked the Scott Snyder one the most in this.

Batman/Superman keeps confusing me with its timeline, its art and writing.
I really need to go through this in one go some time because i feel like i get into the Rhythm of this arc.

Of course im mainly into Detective Comics...and it yet again delivered.
Im a bit annoyed at the "slow" pace, which is good because im invested into the story and want it to continue as fast as possible.
It added another layer to the already interesting arc and im really curious to see where this leads to.
I liked Lydia and how she told the cops how to do their job...that was funny to me. XD
Too bad she was sadly in the middle of what is going on and now had to pay the price.
But her death adds something to the story.
We have another new Lady Clayface? Eh i would have liked a Zombie kind of story more, but its either way.
Liked Huntress in this and her back-up story.
Mr Worth getting more unhinged and Mayor Nakano being so cowardly...not a fan considering who Nakano was supposed to be.
But i get it, the story is about Mr Worth so i can deal with that.
Loved The Penguin and his goons design...except for Penguins "fish hands", i always hate that when an artist does that.

Harley Quinn is one series i enjoy too by now, especially with the way they write her here.
Where she tries so hard to turn around and become better, i really like that.
Took me a while to get into it...probably due to the art, but i enjoyed issue 3 a ton also due to the art.

Robin continues to be a surprise how good it is.
Not really a fan of how easy it is still for Damian to kill, but since the arc not really kills those people...its fine.
Im really looking forward to where this goes, i can guess it but i dont want to throw it out in case im wrong.

Im waiting what people think about Mister Miracle, i have completely forgotten about this and im not sure if i should pick it up.

And i just realized that i havent picked up yet Strange Adventures...i really need to do that some time.

Overall again a great week
Old 26-05-21, 23:04   #23
lance6439

Everyone knows DC is better than Marvel in almost everything.

despite the fact that i havent had time to watch much DC things in a long ass. But the comics, TV shows, movies, cartoons, action figures, etc are just superior. I've been meaning to subscribe to their streaming services.
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-21, 23:07   #24
biscuits

I liked the old DCAU run by Bruce Timm and Paul Dini. It's still the best DC "thing" ever. Also it introduced me to Hawkgirl, who's my favorite. And who's on my profile picture
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-21, 10:19   #25
Mani_Man

Comic Day was and that makes me happy.

Batman #109

Alone for the Harley/Ghost-Maker banter and his pettyness its worth it. XD
Hilarious as hell, i love this rivalry between him and Batman to the point where he is so damn petty that he puts a bigger dinosaur into his "Ghostcave".
Part of me hopes that we will get a Ghost-Maker series down the line and make him a permanent character...he is a lot of fun, one of the best new characters in recent times.
The part with Gardener and Ivy is interesting, im looking forward to that.
And can i just say that Jimenez draws a incredible beautiful Ivy...loving her look.
A bit anticlimatic was Batman meeting Simon Saint and then the Peacekeeper...i expected...more somehow.
But since the Arc is far from over and will run for a while, its fine at the moment.

Batman the Adventure Continues

It surreal to see a Talon in the style of the Animated series...sadly the story wasnt all that good imo.
Would have loved to see a court of owls version Animated style.
Nostalgia is what drives this imo because the writing so far isnt all that great to me.

DC Horror presents: The Conjuring
Has nothing to do with any DC superheroes but still a neat story so far.
Dont know if i need to know more about The Conjuring universe for this or not.
I know the movies but thats about it.

Justice League still is neat, even though the round panels threw me off during the reading.
You can do it once but then it got rather wonky in placement and all.
But the story is neat so far.
Aquaman in a Tank...whats not to love about that XD

Suicide Squad was really cool and im liking that Red X...wonder if it is someone we know under that.
It created a few possible storylines etc that could be neat in the future.
Really happy with Suicide squad so far.

Swamp Thing continues to be good too...im really enjoying it a lot.

Good Week.
Old 02-06-21, 23:48   #26
Raider969

So it has been about 2 weeks since they announced Batman: Caped Crusader and My Adventures With Superman. Which of the two new DC cartoons announced for HBO Max are you more excited for? Batman: Caped Crusader or My Adventures With Superman? To me, I am more excited for Batman: Caped Crusader because Bruce Timm is involved and I liked all of his cartoons. All of Bruce Timm's cartoons are good.
Raider969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 15:59   #27
Mani_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider969 View Post
So it has been about 2 weeks since they announced Batman: Caped Crusader and My Adventures With Superman. Which of the two new DC cartoons announced for HBO Max are you more excited for? Batman: Caped Crusader or My Adventures With Superman? To me, I am more excited for Batman: Caped Crusader because Bruce Timm is involved and I liked all of his cartoons. All of Bruce Timm's cartoons are good.
Personally of course Caped Crusader.
How can i as a batman fan not be? Its from the man that brought us the legendary animated series.

My Adventures with Superman is tricky, it can be cool but the first picture we saw looks rather goofy.
WB seems not to know what to do with Superman, which is a god damn shame because everybody else knows it.
I hope its a sleeper hit, but i sadly doubt it.
Would love it if WB would get their **** together with Superman and do the character justice finally again.
Old 03-06-21, 19:28   #28
biscuits

Yeah but he's also the same man who gave us that awful Killing Joke movie AND who for some reason insists on pairing Barbara with Batman. Not to mention that awful Harley Quinn movie a few years back.

The animated series wasn't incredible solely to Bruce Timm, a large part of it's high quality came from Paul Dini's writing. The exact same goes for JLU. Dwayne McDuffie is what really made that show special.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 20:39   #29
Mani_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
Yeah but he's also the same man who gave us that awful Killing Joke movie AND who for some reason insists on pairing Barbara with Batman. Not to mention that awful Harley Quinn movie a few years back.

The animated series wasn't incredible solely to Bruce Timm, a large part of it's high quality came from Paul Dini's writing. The exact same goes for JLU. Dwayne McDuffie is what really made that show special.
To be fair, rumors say that this wasnt his call and he was actually against it...hard to believe considering its not the first time Bruce Timm was involved in something that played with the weird idea.

As for the rest, fair point, im still hoping they announce that Paul Dini is working on the show in some way or form...that would be neat.
Old 04-06-21, 02:57   #30
HarleyCroft

Ugh both the Killing Joke and Batman and HQ were awful

Sorry I don't have much else to say haha I do enjoy watching the convo though
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote