Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 29-02-12, 06:51   #11
Jami393

To be honest, while Moffat's been around as a executive producer for the show, I've been getting less interested. He's also done scenes where they should of been time paradoxes, but there hasn't been one.
Jami393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-12, 14:11   #12
Agent 47

Matt didn't do too bad on Top Gear last week (episode available on BBCiplayer) or behind the scenes footage on the official Top Gear website

1.43.7 i believe he did, didn't mention new series of Who though whilst chatting with Clarkson
Agent 47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-12, 17:40   #13
jajay119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jami393 View Post
To be honest, while Moffat's been around as a executive producer for the show, I've been getting less interested. He's also done scenes where they should of been time paradoxes, but there hasn't been one.
I've been more interested. I love moffat's style of writing and how dark the show has been since he took the helm. I found Russell T Davies to just be rehashing the same thing over and over again by the end. It was like 'oh look a dalek again, and a cyberman lovely - they became so un-menacing because of it. I think Moffat should tone it down just a little though, like you point out some of the stories have holes in them which is annoying. But I love the overhanging stories he writes. I'd be looking forward to the next series anyway but I'm even more excited to find out what things like 'the fall of the 11th' and what is so important about the fields of Trenzalore etc.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-12, 21:27   #14
Jami393

Also I can't remember if it was know as the biggest question, but the whole question to the Doctor, "Doctor Who?" I also thought that was a bit stupid.
Jami393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-12, 22:36   #15
jackali
Golden

^ That's been a pun in the show since the start.
Nothing to do with Moffat. If anything, it would be remiss to leave it out!
jackali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-12, 23:06   #16
NCFirebolt21

I don't watch Doctor Who (never have, but want to because Matt Smith and Karen Gillan are great together) but if I'm right, Moffat is gonna turn Doctor Who in the same direction as he's doing with Sherlock: 6 episodes per season, each of which is 90 minutes (Sherlock has 3 episodes a season).
NCFirebolt21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-12, 02:02   #17
innocentvenus

Did anyone hear the rumor Moffat is bringing back the Master? Apparently he's leaning towards Benedict Cumberbatch, who plays Sherlock, to play him up against Matt Smith.
innocentvenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-12, 03:49   #18
jajay119

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCFirebolt21 View Post
I don't watch Doctor Who (never have, but want to because Matt Smith and Karen Gillan are great together) but if I'm right, Moffat is gonna turn Doctor Who in the same direction as he's doing with Sherlock: 6 episodes per season, each of which is 90 minutes (Sherlock has 3 episodes a season).
You're wrong. Series 7 has already been comissioned for 14 episodes. Although how we see them is yet to be shown. But that is down to the fact that Moffatt splits his time between being head writer for sherlock and that we have to accommodate for american audiences now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentvenus View Post
Did anyone hear the rumor Moffat is bringing back the Master? Apparently he's leaning towards Benedict Cumberbatch, who plays Sherlock, to play him up against Matt Smith.
That's just one of many unconfirmed rumours. John Simm is also rumoured to be returning as is John Barrowman, Madam Vastra and Jenny and Madame de Pompadour.
Old 02-03-12, 04:20   #19
NCFirebolt21

Benedict Cumberbatch has been confirmed as The Master for the 150th episode of Doctor Who, as per Sherlock's facebook page.
NCFirebolt21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-12, 04:44   #20
jajay119

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCFirebolt21 View Post
Benedict Cumberbatch has been confirmed as The Master for the 150th episode of Doctor Who, as per Sherlock's facebook page.
I don't see how as, to date there have been 784 episodes of the series and if you were only counting the revived series' episode count there wouldn't be 150 episodes.